• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mid-Atlantic (DC, VA, WV, MD, PA) for 2013-14

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can't wait for dem days too! I skied with DH at WT yesterday - conditions were great - mostly firm and smooth with some piles of fresh here and there. I love firm and smooth snow - that is what I ski best. Even occasionally icy spots is no biggy with my Kenjas, cause they have great edge grip. I felt much more confident with footbeds in my boots and had a really fun ski day.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Thinking of checking out Whitetail on Jan. 7 on my to Mnut from Lake Placid. I drive down I-81 any way.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thinking of checking out Whitetail on Jan. 7 on my to Mnut from Lake Placid. I drive down I-81 any way.
That would be fun! Should be not crowded at all during the week and they have night skiing! Email me if you want more information about the resort. I think Marigee patrols mostly on the weekends, but you can ask her if she is working that day.

Marigee

Angel Diva
Not working that day -might be able to meet up, but need to check my calendar and maybe move a few obligations to other days. PM me Marz by tomorrow if you are headed to WT. I can leave a voucher for you at guest services.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm heading to WT tomorrow morning. Should be good! Hopefully not too crowded. We got about 3 inches of snow here, and it's so pretty outside. I wish it would stay cold though, not liking the warm weather predicted for next weekend.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great conditions at WT today, I'd say best of the season so far. It was a quite crowded, but not unexpected for a good snow day.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Massanutten opened Mass Transit and Yee Ha today. Started snowmaking on MakAttack. Looks like by the time I get there in a few days everything will be open. Good timing for the Diva meet up weekend and demo days Jan. 11-12.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Great conditions at WT today, I'd say best of the season so far. It was a quite crowded, but not unexpected for a good snow day.
Most likely I'm going to check out Whitetail on Tuesday. Given how cold it's supposed to be, I have a feeling I won't have much company. After skiing in 5-10 degree weather at Elk yesterday, I know I've got the right clothing with me.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, it's almost never crowded on weekdays. What time are you thinking of getting there? I could try to make it for some night skiing on Tuesday.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Yeah, it's almost never crowded on weekdays. What time are you thinking of getting there? I could try to make it for some night skiing on Tuesday.
Since it's going to be pretty cold on Tuesday, I'm not going to ski that long. Assuming driving is okay on Mon, I'd stay in Hagerstown Monday night. Heading to Mnut after skiing and that's about 2.5 hours away. Ideally, want to get to Mnut by dinner time.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Since it's going to be pretty cold on Tuesday, I'm not going to ski that long. Assuming driving is okay on Mon, I'd stay in Hagerstown Monday night. Heading to Mnut after skiing and that's about 2.5 hours away. Ideally, want to get to Mnut by dinner time.
I understand. Tuesday would have been difficult for me come out anyway. Have a safe trip.

marzNC

Angel Diva
As of 8:30 tonight, 1/6, it's 4 degrees at Mnut and very windy. Not many braving the weather to take advantage of the first Monday Night Madness. $18 for the night session. Snowmaking in progress.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Mnut got 2 inches of snow last night! More importantly, they could make snow all night. My TR about the special events last weekend is here.

Have an interesting contest on the snow conditions webpage:

Responsibility Code Challenge
January 17th to January 31st
Stop any ski patroller on the mountain & see if you can name all 7 responsibility code points. Name 7 out of 7 points and be entered in a drawing to win a special value season pass for next ski season! Name 3 -6 points and receive a free small fountain drink at the general store or ski lodge cafeteria! Click Here to Know Your Responsibility Code.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm skiing at Montage on Sunday. :dancing:

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is that a place that's less crowded on weekends because it's less well known?

It can get crowded from what DH has said, but not nearly as much as say Blue or Camelback. It hasn't been crazy crowded on the slopes the times we've been there on a Sunday AM. The lodge has been crowded, oddly enough, but not the slopes. lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna