• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many days have you skied so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
About to make it 21 - going night skiing at Snoqualmie. Wednesday is the best day for me midweek to leave early. They've been ending their night skiing at other mountains though and I am afraid this may be the last Wednesday they're open at night :cry:

echo_VT

Angel Diva
My colleague a retiree has been out 92 days since the start of the season. I’ve done about 400K vertical for the season and he’s done 1 million more. Retired in his 60s. He and his wife rip up the mountain. He’s on snowboard and she’s on skis. She’s much better than me on skis. The three of us lapped woods today with freshies. (Gondola on wind hold for a day and a half which allowed for snow to pile in)8BD3FD6E-717F-4BA6-87D3-5B0D6C88FD5C.jpeg

I had to take a photo and share it. I’m in my 40s and definitely hope I can be them in 20 years!

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My colleague a retiree has been out 92 days since the start of the season. I’ve done about 400K vertical for the season and he’s done 1 million more. Retired in his 60s. He and his wife rip up the mountain. He’s on snowboard and she’s on skis. She’s much better than me on skis. The three of us lapped woods today with freshies. (Gondola on wind hold for a day and a half which allowed for snow to pile in)View attachment 20757

I had to take a photo and share it. I’m in my 40s and definitely hope I can be them in 20 years!
OH MY GOD! I wanna be them!

shadoj

Angel Diva
#43: Welch. I don't get out much, do I?!

Springlike with flat light! Did a hilarious fall/spin involving giggles on one of our steepest runs (don't stick the weighted downhill ski into a deep pile of slop while the uphill one keeps running...), just popped right back up at the end after sticking my skis below me, by elegantly rolling them up and over my head :thumbsup:

Other than that, pretty much ate up the smooshy slopes with short-radius turns and enjoyed skiing with the day patrol crew. Finally had a chance to stop for a beer with a handful of them afterwards, too :smile:

Our hill is trying to have one day in April open... heehee, we'll see...

empogo

Certified Ski Diva
Today was day 91– and last week I moved much closer to Sugarbush, cut my commute down from an hour to just 6 minutes. Took a PSIA clinic this week at Okemo, was intense but awesome. Planning to take my Level 1 certification assessment on April 1 & 2, so I’ve been in training for that. Been an incredible season so far, my head and heart are both full.

shadoj

Angel Diva
@empogo What a journey! Congrats on the move; glad you're finding a "home" skiing on your local mountain. Your progress and motivation is amazing! I fell in love with Sugarbush at DivaEast this year and hope to meet up again next season :smile:

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
#58 a couple days ago was an afternoon Midwest powder day after work. I floated around the whole place in and out of the trees, even tried a couple new jumps . I love how quiet it is when skiing in several inches of snow. I had to call it quits when the snow turned into stinging painful ice pellets and the realization I was going to have to shovel the driveway upon getting home.
#59 today at a new to me place - Welch Village with @shadoj being the tour guide this time. It was Cold for March standards but the sun was warm and the spring skiing vibes still flowed. The lift operators had great music and her fellow patrol people were nice. My favorite runs were the one with random snow whales and the narrow one in the trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga