• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many days have you skied so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
I finally went back to count and sadly only made it to 16 days so far this year. It was just a ROUGH season here in Western NY -- I didn't even get out for the first time until January 7th and the conditions have largely been difficult and terrain very limited. (Traveling to ski just wasn't in the cards this year.)

Weather for the next 2 weeks is sketchy and has an uncomfortable amount of potential rain, so trying to make peace with the idea that today could have been my last day of the season. And if that's the case, it was a nice enough day to end on -- local St Paddy's Day celebrations meant it was very empty today, and my husband and I skied every open hill multiple times.

shadoj

Angel Diva
#49 today.

Lower 20's to mid-30's F @ Welch. Bluebird day, hardly any wind.
Firm (but not very-very-firm like Friday) conditions in the morning.

Returned the Volkls to the rep after taking a few laps on the Secrets during the softer afternoon. They were fun. Will miss them.

Not many days left here. It's been good!

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
Now tied with last year at 21 days. The last 6 were at Taos. A nice way to wrap it up if I don’t manage more. We are considering a weekend trip to Snowshoe for closing weekend. Not sure how soft or muddy things might be two weeks from now…..

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Day #61 yesterday involved only about a half hour of skiing to warm up the legs. It's been super windy and below average temperatures for a few days so it was nice to be out in above freezing and sunshine.
The afternoon was spent doing a snowboard lesson and I survived without pain! I shoved a thick foam material in my backside. I fell a few times but they were soft and controlled - more like just sitting down fast. I didn't make it past the bunny hill but got a bunch of drills to work on and can kinda turn now.

shadoj

Angel Diva
#50 yesterday! :ski:

Warm and springlike, 46F dropping down to 37F at 6pm sweeps. Did the moguls a couple times; not too bad. Chair 5 & 6 done for the year. Pond Skip coming up this weekend! Ski season's always over too soon, but it feels like gardening weather is just around the corner, which is good...

I will probably get 3-4 more days in, mainly because there are various patrol potlucks scheduled along with Pond Skip ;)

shadoj

Angel Diva
#51. Helping the day crew.
33-34F.
Mostly cloudy and flat light, except for when I yelled at the sun to come out for a few runs (and it did)! Lifties in good spirits despite the conditions. East side had good music :smile:

Started out with breakable slush-crust, then mashed potatoes, then mashed potatoes with gravy, then snow cone rut and puddle challenge, followed by rapidly-setting-up sorbet. Fixed some fences/ropes as I semi-survival-skied. Found the occasional still-creamy 4ft-wide line at the end of the day for making squishy turns (goggles required: low branches).

Chicken sausages on the grill with other potluck items were good, though. Closed/swept the hill with two other patrollers and me, plus a little maintenance help. Not many people left by the end, and they all knew to call it quits before getting hurt!

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've done a bad job of tracking exactly how many days this season but I got around 20-22. Like many, I was hoping for a few more days but the really warm winter this year didn't help and after skiing once in the rain and being absolutely miserable I won't do it again if I can avoid it. Sadly, I am probably done for the season :cry:although I might try to make a quick trip up to Killington for some springtime Superstar bump skiing if things work out.

On a positive note, this year I learned to XC ski and got a backcountry capable set up that I took out a couple times. Looking forward to progressing further in XC skiing next season.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Added 5 more this past week, for a grand total of 13. Likely the end of the season for us. Matched last year's low.
Glad you got the additional days!

I haven't been counting for the last few years, but my best guess is that I'm at somewhere between 15 and 20, with three more months of resort skiing to go. I should be able to get 20 more resort days in. :eek:

Jenny

Angel Diva
Glad you got the additional days!

I haven't been counting for the last few years, but my best guess is that I'm at somewhere between 15 and 20, with three more months of resort skiing to go. I should be able to get 20 more resort days in. :eek:
There's a small chance we might make a late spring/summer trip somewhere west, but it's really pretty small, especially since there's also the possibility of a non-skiing trip overseas in September.

shadoj

Angel Diva
#52 Friday -- Day crew potluck! Bluebird day. Cool morning allowed some rotary drills and fun carving for a couple hours. Mashed potatoes with some surface crisping by the end. Got to hear some good stories about the installation (by helicopter/crane!) of various lift towers from one of the grounds/maintenance guys. People remained good about not getting hurt!

#53 Today -- Pond Skip! Up to 45F and another sunny bluebird spring day; no wind. Saw several amusing costumes and a few good skims. Mostly cycled slowly through the soft-n-slushy mogul run to keep folks parked off to one side when they decided to stop and watch. Rinse, repeat. Picked up a few too many half-consumed beers and other drink bottles from the closed-off start run afterwards; I do not like litter on the hill. Boo. One broken femur (probably), and our poor park guy got whacked in the leg by the edge of one of his crew's snowboards while manning the pool... but he valiantly sat there until the end fishing folks out. I am glad I returned in one piece! Definitely fun to see some of the Saturday patrol crew, since I hadn't made it out to a Welch on a Saturday yet this year.

I'm down to one, maybe 2-3? potential days left this season. Snowpack is melting fast!

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
Officially calling it with today, day 17, as my last day. It was already well on its way to being mashed potatoes by the time I arrived, so took a few runs for closure and packed it in before I hurt myself in the slush! LOL.

Next year aiming for 25 days, snow willing! We decided to change up our passes for next year, and the addition of a Holiday Valley 9-visit pass should extend our available season by at least a month to a month and a half -- plus get us exposure to a lot more terrain. #dreamingofDecember

20230326_135516.jpg

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
#63 yesterday after a long exhausting week of work. A friend who's a racer was following me around in the park. Then when taking chair laps he was asking me life advice about how to talk to women . Haha!
#64 today = pure exhaustion. I spent probably 6 hours in the park jumping off of everything I could find. Except the big jump. Too big and scary. It's crazy how Its almost the end of the season and I'm finally getting comfortable in the air.

shadoj

Angel Diva
Then when taking chair laps he was asking me life advice about how to talk to women . Haha!
:rotf:
Spring skiing gets 'em thinking there's hope with the ski bunnies!
Hmmm, I like intelligent, witty adult conversation and being treated as a human with a brain? Sigh.

#54 Today! 33-42+F, bluebird sky. Patrol cookout after a few hours of lovely spring conditions. Got to use the drill one last time to fix poles/ropes; found a lost season pass under the lift. Lots of socializing. A good end to the "official" season!

Apparent bonus day next Saturday... can I get to 55?!?

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:rotf:
Spring skiing gets 'em thinking there's hope with the ski bunnies!
Hmmm, I like intelligent, witty adult conversation and being treated as a human with a brain? Sigh.

Apparent bonus day next Saturday... can I get to 55?!?
Haha! He's a young one just met a girl at the bar that he really likes(he didn't mention if she skis) and is trying to navigate the complexities of talking to women.
We're having a bonus day on the 1st also. I don't think I'll get to ski though as I have to work the whole day. I will very likely drive up to Spirit mountain on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna