• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many days have you skied so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadoj

Angel Diva
Sunday was #44 (Welch) -- busy weekend with nice weather. Helped friend-of-friend get first-ever ski boots at spring ski sale. So many turns. Great snow.

Today was #45 (Welch) with @racetiger ! Bluebird day with more good weather, nice snow, and no crowds. Wasn't too ambitious except for one bump run, but have to agree that the snow-whale-halfpipe was fun!

Roommate went to pick up some 23/24 Volkl Deacon 84 demos, and I ended up with 2 pairs on loan until Sunday for demo purposes, haha :becky: Report on 23/24 Kenja 88s and Secret 96s @156cm coming next week...

marzNC

Angel Diva
Added 3 more days out west for a total of 33 so far this season. Had a great time at Bridger Bowl near Bozeman, MT per usual. I always ski at Bridger at least a couple days when I go to Big Sky. Bonus is having a lesson with a very experienced instructor who I first worked with in 2012. He's semi-retired but still does Request Private Lessons. Per usual, came away with a drill for a fundamental skill good for advanced skiers that is easy to do on any groomed terrain.

shadoj

Angel Diva
#46! As expected, Welch.

Bluebird day went from 22F to 33F, with snow softening up throughout the day. Got in lots of runs with patroller friends. Started with my skis to warm up, then tried out the 2 pairs of Volkls. Both were fun enough that I continued to swap between them during the afternoon. Turns out I *can* ski a wider, longer ski and not die! The Secret 96s were surprisingly easy to get on edge, and they just ate up the crud piles. So much fun!

shadoj

Angel Diva
#47! 40th at Welch.

45F at 4PM, 39PM at 9:15PM. Just glad it didn't set up; would have been death ruts.

Slush piles. Compacted flats. Soft bumps. Open puddles. Good times!
Ran through the ski comparison with my BP82s and the Kenjas and Secrets. Most evening patrollers were choosing not to ski, but I had science to do! Beautiful warm night, too. Ended it by skiing down Chicken (~30 degree slope) in the dark (testing Kenja 88s), because maintenance accidentally shut those lights off early during sweeps. Oops :smile:

Taking tomorrow off for ski and human body maintenance. Back out for St. Pats :smile:

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
#60 at Trollhaugen yesterday.(this is the most I've skied in a season ever) I loved the temperature = hoodie weather but the snow was bad. During the morning people were having a great time but around lunch time people were giving up because it changed to a slow sticky texture. By the time I got out there it was like skiing in slow motion. The only good spot was the mini park. I found several coworkers there and we had a good old time hitting the baby jumps.
My rest and ski maintenance day is going to be St Patrick day because it's going to feel like January and I really don't feel like being amongst drunks.

Sokolva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
14 days at Steamboat, 8 days at Taos (though two of those days had early closures due to weather!)

Really really want to ski more before the season ends. Trying to find time in the schedule that I can get out again…

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This Saturday is my last "planned" ski day - it will be my 24th day this season and though I hope it's not the end, lots of places have started their closings, end of year demo sales etc. The end is near here is the PNW!

Welp, coudn't let it end just like that, so I bought a Crystal Mountain Legend Pass :becky:.
It comes with an Ikon Pass and Spring skiing started today... Think I'll be getting a few more days in!!! :ski2:

:jumphappy:

shadoj

Angel Diva
#48 yesterday. Sunny, cold, 11F - 14F with lots of wind. Brrrrr! Lots of ice around the ski racks from yesterday's rain, but the grooming crew managed to get most everything else turned into a snow-like substance.

Took the Secrets and Kenjas out for hard-snow comparison, but ended up skiing my Black Pearl 82s for the majority of the day for ease on the knees. Felt really fluid in my turns.

Cold weather kept the party crowd off the hill, yay! No more weekday evening hours next week, followed by a last-open-weekend pond skip; Midwest season is winding down quickly. Should still be able to get in 50+ days, though!

Jilly

Staff member
24 so far. I didn't ski today. I'm in some kind of a funk right now. I'm tired of cloudy, sunless days. And freakin cold. Also I forgot to pack my contact lenses. Skiing in bifocals is not recommended!!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Today was day 44 for me. There was a surprise dusting to start the day, which was an appreciated little refresh. Yesterday was warm and sunny with wonderful spring like conditions, and tons of soft bumps. I feared today was going to be really frozen with colder temps moving in overnight, but turned out to be much better than expected.

1B7F45D4-A680-4CBB-8EC6-2931298BB7E0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna