• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many days have you skied so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm up to 19 days and I've decided on a private 1-on-1 lesson for my 20th day to concentrate on my turning. I unfortunately have huge issues with narrow or popular runs because my turns are still too wide and I get huge anxiety that I'm going to either crash into someone else or go over the sides.

I can't wait for my 1-on-1 though!!!!!

Jenny

Angel Diva
@Jenny bare feet!?!?! How warm was it?
@kiki - I missed seeing this message, sorry! Nice to see you're back. I tried messaging you but I guess you have it set to not get the conversations, because it wouldn’t let me. Anyway, it was warm, near 50F, I believe. So warm that we changed at the car and I didn’t mind it at all.

Day 7 yesterday - they're coming slow and not very steadily this year. Starting to wonder if I should even be calling myself a skier at this point. Day 8 is scheduled for Friday.

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Icy rain on Monday left beautiful icy trees on Tuesday for my #52. You could hear the ice crackling as it was melting

Attachments

• IMG_20230228_123721941.jpg
    IMG_20230228_123721941.jpg
    864.9 KB · Views: 2

shadoj

Angel Diva
Wednesday was #39. Was feeling a little off, so took it easy at training night, but still managed to make some useful progress.

Today was #40!
18F to 40F during the day. Sunny, springlike conditions. Snow got a little sticky in places, but people managed to stay surprisingly uninjured, making for an even better day!

I've been so lucky to get to ski as much as I have this year... and with new friends (several Divas included)!
Already thinking ahead to 23/24 as the season winds down in the Midwest :smile:

shadoj

Angel Diva
Add two more for Welch.
#41 (Sunday) - A wonderful spring skiing day with friends. Enjoyed the back bowl steeps while they last.
#42 (Today) - Survival skiing. Only went to keep my patroller friend company in the misery. A couple good soft, slow runs before chopped-up slush refroze during the evening into a mess. Very few people, so no major injuries. Feeling jostled around! Turned into a still, mostly-clear night with wispy low-hanging clouds, full moon, and howling coyotes :smile:

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
#56 on Sunday, beautiful day spent doing demo day. I tried probably 8 different skis. Armada wins again for fun skis I didn't like Volkl park ski, ( partially probably because it was too big for me, they only had big people sizes) but the Race tiger won the carving category. I had sold my own race tigers years ago and when I hopped into these it felt like I never forgot how to ski them and appreciated sharp those nice sharp edges haha.
@shadoj yeah the snow was challenging here too. A pretty snow day turned into a gross windy rainy day. I didn't ski but I watched so many people struggling with speed. Lots of the regular seniors called it quits early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna