• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tahoe 15/16

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've never been to, uh, where is it you're going - and would consider it a personal favor if you'd take some time to explore the mountain and provide some guidance on the best places for intermediate-to-advanced skiers to go. :wink: Does that help?!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
BTW @Pequenita Kirkwood has awesome skiing.... I don't go there as much now that we have access to house @ Northstar and I have timeshare across from the Heavenly gondola. But you will really like it if you can get away from the families for a few runs. Anything off chair 6 or 10 (10 is not for beginners or intermediates).

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've never been to, uh, where is it you're going - and would consider it a personal favor if you'd take some time to explore the mountain and provide some guidance on the best places for intermediate-to-advanced skiers to go. :wink: Does that help?!

Hmmm! I decided to leave now (arrive in 2 hours, so well after skiing) and do aprés, etc., stay the night on a sofa (yep). It was pretty clear based on all my inner turmoil that I didn't want to ski under these terms. Also coincidentally, I had torn a small piece out of a contact lens this morning but didn't know it. I spent a few hours with a pretty huge headache related to it, but for a while I thought it was because I was stressing about this. I've had a weird 24-hours. I'm going to post more in Dawning Chorus (https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/dawning-chorus.222/page-618#post-318419).

In the meantime, I was able to get a few calls done this morning and 1 load of laundry.

Last edited:

Jenny

Angel Diva
Tahoe is in a freeze thaw right now, though, if it's not storming. Nine to noon last weekend were some pretty epic east coast boilerplate conditions = not what I want to pay $90 to $100 for!
Good point, but where's your spirit of adventure?!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm lame. :smile:

btw, several resorts are reporting extended seasons in light of yesterday's storm and "Miracle March." I think Mt. Rose is planning to operate through May 8.
did you see Northstar got 5 inches yesterday morning and 9 inches this morning.... going up Monday I think for about 5 days ...

Reactions: DRG

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here's a shot up Bailey's Cirque today off the Silverado chair at Squaw, about 3pm. Hilariously, I got a call right when I had cliffed out (Squaw does a great job of marking them, thankfully). I'd say the western aspects were not really skiing well. It seemed like they didn't really thaw at all and were set up. I spent the next half hour darting around the back side and trying not to get stuck without a lift back up. I love capping off my days with a run down tower 16.

Attachments

• image-1151912213.jpg
    image-1151912213.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 17

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Wow gorgeous shot. I've never skied the Silverado area at Squaw but then only ski squaw probably once or twice a year. I have a 2 for 1 so will ski late season but we usually hang out on Granite Chief chair and ski the runs to left of chair (going up) and sometimes Siberia.... think I've skied kt 22 a couple of times and maybe headwall.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Going up Wednesday and staying probably until ????.... at least Monday. Don't have high hopes but will be spring skiing. Corn snow and afternoon slush.
What's the wax everyone likes for glue-y snow? Anyone up there ?

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We are up here now. I've been bringing out my Armada TSTs, which are only 101 underfoot but super long so I can maintain some decent speed and they are actually pretty fun in the slush. My SO buys all the wax, but this is the stuff we use in the spring.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
wow thanks... see if i can pick some up in Truckee. Are you at Heavenly or Kirkwood?

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At Heavenly this weekend. Finally skied Pinnacles and Ski Ways! So fun. Probably my new favorite area of H. Thinking maybe Kirkwood next weekend because it might be their last? I will miss Heavenly's closing weekend because I'll be on a work trip. What are they saying for Northstar?

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Going up Wednesday and staying probably until ????.... at least Monday. Don't have high hopes but will be spring skiing. Corn snow and afternoon slush.
What's the wax everyone likes for glue-y snow? Anyone up there ?

Coverage was generally good this weekend, and runs that have not been groomed at Squaw in years were groomed on Thursday and Friday. Amazing and just as good as skiing powder runs. Really. Then they got tracked out in half an hour. Was in the backcountry yesterday (a total mess, starting with realizing at the parking lot that I had put my right liner into the left boot and vice versa; a quick fix, but it sort of set the tone for me!!) and Sugarbowl today.

I'd say that when things start to soften is tough to guess because it's incredibly dependent on whether the sun exposure is full or partial and the wind. I'm told that stuff that was nice at 10am yesterday at Sugarbowl was still firm at noon today. Everything in the shade was firm, so it's more of a direct sun thing than a temperature thing going on right now.

I'm in dire need of wax. I curled up into a tuck on a runout today and could feel half my abs (the ones that work) contracting each time the snow stuck.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
At Heavenly this weekend. Finally skied Pinnacles and Ski Ways! So fun. Probably my new favorite area of H. Thinking maybe Kirkwood next weekend because it might be their last? I will miss Heavenly's closing weekend because I'll be on a work trip. What are they saying for Northstar?
I'm so glad you skied Pinnacles and Skiway glades. I've been telling you all season you should do it. Isn't it fun? Was wondering about closing days and haven't heard anything about extending the season... Has anyone?
We're supposed to go to northstar wednesday for a week or whatever but now hear it's going to get hot up there and rain on Friday @ 9,000 ft. Told BF that you said Heavenly's skiway glades was good so may wait to go to Northstar until after it rains or go Wednesday but maybe one day or two stay at Stardust and ski Heavenly ....Northstar is scheduled to close April 17, Heavenly April 17, and Kirkwood April 10 last I heard.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Did you ski Gunbarrel? It's very skiable this time of year...Really.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga