• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tahoe 15/16

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We're thinking of heading up this weekend . . . maybe Alpine Meadows or Mount Rose. SO skied Squaw last weekend (I spent last weekend horseback - my other expensive hobby!). Anyone have any intel or tips? Or headed up for the weekend?

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think we are going to do Squaw on Saturday and Rose on Sunday--would love to meet up if you are around! We have to move out of our season rental on Sunday, so all activity kind of hinges around that.

Have never skied Rose and only have done one day at Squaw, so no tips from me. Will just be poking around the hills myself.

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just curious, what do you Tahoe area ladies think of Alpine vs. Squaw? SO went to Alpine today and really liked it. Said it was less crowded and seemed to have more blue terrain. His legs were getting tired after so many good hours and multiple consecutive days of actual skiing, so I think he appreciated the being able to have some more cruising options in the slushy stuff.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I usually go to Heavenly and Northstar, but that being said, I do like Squaw but don't really know what's open now. Alpine is very nice as well and a smaller less crowded resort. I would think more runs are open at Squaw. Paging @Pequenita .. she skis Squaw regularly and would know.

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
He liked Alpine so much he decided to do his lesson there, @Pequenita. It's tomorrow; hope it goes well. He took your advice and did Siberia lift and bowls and a number of other places at Squaw, and today he did Alpine a.m., Squaw p.m., and will probably do the same tomorrow. His legs may give out on him by Saturday. Btw, I'll start a new thread in Divas Only - Other Stuff about his demoing experience. :lol:

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just curious, what do you Tahoe area ladies think of Alpine vs. Squaw? SO went to Alpine today and really liked it. Said it was less crowded and seemed to have more blue terrain. His legs were getting tired after so many good hours and multiple consecutive days of actual skiing, so I think he appreciated the being able to have some more cruising options in the slushy stuff.
We haven't skied Alpine yet - that's why I think we are going to go there on Saturday. Squaw is big - lots of terrain - and a lot of steep if that's what you are looking for. Not sure what is open this week but a good storm came through last week and it has been cold overnight, so it should be good. I've heard Alpine is a lot of fun.

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think we are going to do Squaw on Saturday and Rose on Sunday--would love to meet up if you are around! We have to move out of our season rental on Sunday, so all activity kind of hinges around that.

Have never skied Rose and only have done one day at Squaw, so no tips from me. Will just be poking around the hills myself.

I think we are leaning towards Alpine on Saturday just because we haven't skied there before - and we've heard good things. With the nice weather and spring skiing, I understand Squaw has been pretty crowded - shouldn't be the case at Alpine. Do let me know if you end up there!

We hit Mt Rose early in the season and very little was open at that time - but it's a cool, small place. I looked yesterday and they are only running 3 lifts. One is just a cross mountain lift that goes to green runs. The other two both service the top of the mountain.

I wish Mammoth wasn't so far away . . . haven't skied there yet and it's on my list!

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just a note, ladies! Squaw, Alpine and Mt. Rose are all offering discounted lift tickets if you show your season pass to any other resort when purchasing. Alpine and Squaw are $49 and Mt. Rose is $39.

Make sure you ask for it and bring your pass - they won't mention it if you don't and will charge you full price!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Just a note, ladies! Squaw, Alpine and Mt. Rose are all offering discounted lift tickets if you show your season pass to any other resort when purchasing. Alpine and Squaw are $49 and Mt. Rose is $39.

Make sure you ask for it and bring your pass - they won't mention it if you don't and will charge you full price!
I didn't know this..Good to know as I have 2 -2 for 1 @ squaw that I may/may not use. Your deal is cheaper. Have fun and let us know. Haven't been to Alpine in years but bet it is much less crowded than Squaw. BTW, you would probably like the Granite Chief area if open.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well. Tomorrow I'll be at either the 9am yoga class at Namaste in Truckee or the 9:30 class at Wanderlust at Squaw (I'm going off my memory of when those classes are). The weather earlier in the day seems weird. I am aiming for a shorter backcountry tour on Sunday.

So, if anyone wants to meet for yoga tomorrow morning, let me know!

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think we are leaning towards Alpine on Saturday just because we haven't skied there before - and we've heard good things. With the nice weather and spring skiing, I understand Squaw has been pretty crowded - shouldn't be the case at Alpine. Do let me know if you end up there!

We hit Mt Rose early in the season and very little was open at that time - but it's a cool, small place. I looked yesterday and they are only running 3 lifts. One is just a cross mountain lift that goes to green runs. The other two both service the top of the mountain.

I wish Mammoth wasn't so far away . . . haven't skied there yet and it's on my list!
Good call on Alpine. I always forget about that place cause everyone talks about Squaw so much. I have also never been there. Checked the lifts today and it looks like there is enough open to keep me entertained for a day.

We went to Mammoth around this time last year because Sonora Pass opened super early and it was only like a 6 hr drive. There was not much terrain open, but it definitely seemed like a cool place! Everyone was so laid back compared to Tahoe ppl. It was crazy. Meant to go earlier this year but things were so good up north we just never got around to it.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Good call on Alpine. I always forget about that place cause everyone talks about Squaw so much. I have also never been there. Checked the lifts today and it looks like there is enough open to keep me entertained for a day.

We went to Mammoth around this time last year because Sonora Pass opened super early and it was only like a 6 hr drive. There was not much terrain open, but it definitely seemed like a cool place! Everyone was so laid back compared to Tahoe ppl. It was crazy. Meant to go earlier this year but things were so good up north we just never got around to it.
6 hours only? Did you go highway 4 to 395?

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I don't remember exactly, but probably 237 to 580/205 to 108 to 395? SO is the fast driver, not me!
Oh okay. Thought hi 4 (bear valley is on the way to Sonora Pass) to 395. Heck sometimes it takes us 5 hours to Tahoe from SC. Have fun this weekend.

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We hit Alpine Meadows Saturday morning (4/30) and it was nice. Only downside was strong wind had them running only a few lifts. But - there was new snow on the ground (several inches) and for the first few hours, seemed like we were the only ones around! As a bonus, I got to meet up and make some laps with @DeweySki ! Got really sticky towards the end of the day. On Sunday, SO did a quick backcountry tour on Tamarack - said it was perfect! Wish I would have brought my gear after I saw his pictures!

Here are a few shots from Saturday morning . . . me all alone on a fresh powder field back to the bottom and a shot of our vanity tracks from the lift as we head up to make another lap!

AM-1.png

AM-2.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna