• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tahoe 15/16

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In Tahoe now.. Skied a few runs yesterday late afternoon . Frozen tracked up slush.
Surprise! Snowed 3 inches overnight.
Good for you! We knew last week that we were going to ski SOMEWHERE to close out the season. Based on the weather getting really warm, we decided against Tahoe and took a fast trip to Colorado. Took the earliest flight out on Saturday and skied 4 days in a row (Keystone, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and A-Basin) and flew back to SFO late Tuesday night. It was incredible spring skiing . . . and wow - I miss that cold snow!

I think that is a wrap for our season even though there are few spots staying open through May (Squaw and Mt Rose). SO is leaving town for a few months the first week of May and I won't make the trip to Tahoe solo. But I could potentially be talked into a Divas trip if conditions are favorable and anyone is headed that way in May!

Jenny

Angel Diva
Do you ladies have a favored weather site for checking things? We probably won't decide Heavenly vs Mt. Rose for the 22nd until sometime after we get to Mammoth and "closed due to wind" hadn't really occurred to me. Here I was concerned about slush vs snow . . .

You should all keep watch on where we decide, though, because I guarantee whichever it is, the other will get perfect conditions!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Do you ladies have a favored weather site for checking things? We probably won't decide Heavenly vs Mt. Rose for the 22nd until sometime after we get to Mammoth and "closed due to wind" hadn't really occurred to me. Here I was concerned about slush vs snow . . .

You should all keep watch on where we decide, though, because I guarantee whichever it is, the other will get perfect conditions!
@Pequenita and I follow open snow.com Bryan Allegretto

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Good for you! We knew last week that we were going to ski SOMEWHERE to close out the season. Based on the weather getting really warm, we decided against Tahoe and took a fast trip to Colorado. Took the earliest flight out on Saturday and skied 4 days in a row (Keystone, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and A-Basin) and flew back to SFO late Tuesday night. It was incredible spring skiing . . . and wow - I miss that cold snow!

I think that is a wrap for our season even though there are few spots staying open through May (Squaw and Mt Rose). SO is leaving town for a few months the first week of May and I won't make the trip to Tahoe solo. But I could potentially be talked into a Divas trip if conditions are favorable and anyone is headed that way in May!
Northstar was really fun today with 3 inches fresh. Kind of dust on crust in places. Very cool what you did! Yes let's keep in touch...

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Still having blast at Northstar skiing soft bumps and ungroomed soft runs plus tree skiing is so good right now... Think the Sambas are the most fun ski for spring conditions... They are a perfect ski for me... Tomorrow closing day at northstar B so will ski the last hurrah and then mon and Tuesday heavenly and maybe mt rose..

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Closing day for Northstar. So much fun. Took out the Saffron 7's to compare Saffron 7"s to the sambas on same ungroomed and tree runs.. Really not that different even though Saffron 7's are 162 (ski short) and sambas are 152 ( ski normal to long) lapped it on corn snow in Polaris trees. So.Much.Fun. To heavenly tomorrow and will spend the night and either ski heavenly Tuesday or Mt Rose....

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@Jenny think I will be at both heavenly and mt rose so will compare.. Heavenly has awesome views that not rose doesn't have.. A lot of heavenly is closed.. I'll report in tomorrow or Tuesday.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Heavenly today and was it ever warm. Spring pants with side vents and one layer icebreaker with lightweight Helly Hansen. Still hot. All of California side is cLoser which is a shame as very good skiing on Cali side. Nevada runs only open and tree skiing got slushy real quick but still fun.. Went out at 11,and quit at 3.... Still beautiful views and fun skiing off the groomed trails.. Tomorrow the plan is mt rose....

Reactions: DRG

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Heavenly today and was it ever warm. Spring pants with side vents and one layer icebreaker with lightweight Helly Hansen. Still hot. All of California side is cLoser which is a shame as very good skiing on Cali side. Nevada runs only open and tree skiing got slushy real quick but still fun.. Went out at 11,and quit at 3.... Still beautiful views and fun skiing off the groomed trails.. Tomorrow the plan is mt rose....
Oh that stinks that all of Cali is closed! When we asked last week, one liftie said they would close the Cali base but still try to keep Sky running.

Still trying to decide on going up this weekend when I get back from my work trip. My SO won't be around so I would probably get a ride with his friend...not all that appealing honestly. Worried I'm going to be super tired anyway. Will have the cabin for one more weekend at the end of the month, so could potentially go to Rose or use the Squaw days on Mountain Collective.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Okay @Jenny here's my report
4/20 Heavenly - really warm and snow quite slushy in places. California side was closed and IMO that's where the best snow is. So skied on Nevada side. However we skied Dipper trees, Aries Woods, meteor glades (super fun) and off the Milky Way bowl.. These are mostly black diamonds but snow was quite soft.. Plenty of intermediate open if that's what you prefer. Beautiful lake views at Heavenly and is quite a happening scene in south Lake Tahoe you might enjoy.

4/21 Mt Rose - snow was much better here and lots open to ski.., even the slide Mtn side was open.. Hero snow and frankly was better.. Lots of advanced terrain open and we had an absolute blast. It's been many years since I've been here so kind of forgot how much terrain there was. Lots ungroomed but snow was soft.. Good views of lake but most terrain is advanced . If you are more advanced than an intermediate you will love it... Many intermediate runs were open on the slide Mtn side. Also some on the front side, just didn't really ski them.

Let me know if you have any questions.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Oh that stinks that all of Cali is closed! When we asked last week, one liftie said they would close the Cali base but still try to keep Sky running.

Still trying to decide on going up this weekend when I get back from my work trip. My SO won't be around so I would probably get a ride with his friend...not all that appealing honestly. Worried I'm going to be super tired anyway. Will have the cabin for one more weekend at the end of the month, so could potentially go to Rose or use the Squaw days on Mountain Collective.
Mt Rose was awesome today.. Tree skiing on both sides..

Jenny

Angel Diva
@santacruz skier - Thanks for the intel! Sounds like Mt. Rose is a better bet. I'm hearing there's now a chance here for fresh snow on Friday so we've also talked about skiing in the morning and then heading up toward Reno in the afternoon.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@santacruz skier - Thanks for the intel! Sounds like Mt. Rose is a better bet. I'm hearing there's now a chance here for fresh snow on Friday so we've also talked about skiing in the morning and then heading up toward Reno in the afternoon.
Yes I heard some snow may be in the forecast.. Mt Rose base elevation is 8,200 ft so snow will be good. Hope you enjoy mammoth.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Messed up on my dates.. Meant 4/18 and 4/19....

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Funny - didn't even notice! But you'd have had to be psychic, wouldn't you?
BTW thought the Peak chair at whistler was terrifying.. Many years later the Peak to Peak with glass bottom was so cool. But the Peak chair, no
bTW I've been in Tahoe since Wednesday.. I don't know what day it is!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Just heard that Heavenly got 14 inches overnight....darn missed it!

Jenny

Angel Diva
Heavenly and Mt. Rose both got snow overnight Friday. In my quest to not get stuck in the mountains too far from Reno for our flight Saturday, we ended up driving right into the weather, because we stayed in South Lake Tahoe Friday night. And I was determined to at least SEE the area, even though we ended up not skiing there.

I wasn't worried about us driving in the weather, we're used to winter driving, but didn't want to get up in a chain-required situation. We had 4wd, which we used, but I'm sure those weren't snow tires on the vehicle. And I'm guessing we'd have gotten in trouble if anyone stopped us.

It was absolutely beautiful there and I'm more determined than ever to ski both resorts. Mt. Rose looked really nice on the way by.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Heavenly and Mt. Rose both got snow overnight Friday. In my quest to not get stuck in the mountains too far from Reno for our flight Saturday, we ended up driving right into the weather, because we stayed in South Lake Tahoe Friday night. And I was determined to at least SEE the area, even though we ended up not skiing there.

I wasn't worried about us driving in the weather, we're used to winter driving, but didn't want to get up in a chain-required situation. We had 4wd, which we used, but I'm sure those weren't snow tires on the vehicle. And I'm guessing we'd have gotten in trouble if anyone stopped us.

It was absolutely beautiful there and I'm more determined than ever to ski both resorts. Mt. Rose looked really nice on the way by.
Next time. I'll meet up with you guys !

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna