• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Multi-resort passes for 2022-23: Ikon, Epic, Indy etc.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've had Ikon Base for the past 3 seasons but I think I'm going to switch back to MC for 2022-23. I like hopping around resorts and would love to return to Big Sky and Targhee, perhaps drive down to Utah for a swing. The only thing is that new favorites Copper and Winter Park aren't on the MC so I wouldn't be able to do a Colorado trip like my recent one, where I hit Copper, Winter Park and A-Basin.
If you head to Snowbasin, let me know!

elemmac

Angel Diva
Did you get this email from Kirsten Lynch:
By sending out an email to passholders I think there is some acknowledgement of the issues and addressing how they're working towards fixing them. Attracting more workers will help address grooming, snowmaking, and lift operations to operate at full capacity. Investing in lifts can definitely help with lift lines. Let's just hope that they're not just blowing smoke and these promises come to fruition. It won't happen overnight, especially the lifts, I would imagine lift manufacturers are backed up with supply chain issues (as someone that works with ordering electrical equipment...it's a disaster).
I too am concerned about crowding next season.
Ugh. I'm quite concerned about the crowds impacting Sunday River next year. This was already an unbelievably busy year, and I can see a lot of Wildcat/Attitash regulars considering an Ikon for next year, adding to the chaos.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Having not paid that much attention to Epic since the resorts aren't of that much interest to me, I never realized that Buddy Passes and Ski With A Friend (SWAF) are different. The Buddy Pass discounts are fixed for each resort for the entire season, usually around 40% but depends on region and resort. SWAF discounts vary in the same way that day ticket prices vary by day/date. The deadline for Buddy passes is April 12, 2022.

What passes come with Ski With A Friend and Buddy Tickets?

Buddy Tickets are only offered for a limited time for guests who purchase eligible ski passes. Passes that are not eligible for Buddy Tickets include: Epic Day Pass, Whistler Blackcomb Pass Products and Epic SchoolKids.

Passes eligible for Buddy Tickets include:

Epic Products: Epic Pass, Epic Local Pass

Colorado Pass Products: Summit Value pass, Keystone Plus Pass

Tahoe Pass Products: Tahoe Local Pass, Tahoe Value Pass, Kirkwood Pass

Northeast Pass Products: Northeast Value Pass*, Northeast Midweek Pass

Park City Pass Products: Park City Youth Pass

Stevens Pass Pass Products: Stevens Pass Premium Pass*, Stevens Pass Select Pass

Other Pass Products: Afton Alps Pass, Afton Alps College Night Pass, Afton Alps Family Pass, Afton Alps Friends Pass, Mt Brighton Pass, Mt Brighton College Night Pass, Mt Brighton Family Pass, Wilmot Pass, Wilmot Family Pass, Ohio Pass**, Hidden Valley Pass, Snow Creek Pass, Paoli Peaks Pass, 65+ Keystone Breck Pass, Senior 70+ 10 Pass, Merchant Epic Pass, Merchant Epic Local Pass, Merchant Tahoe Pass

Passes eligible for Ski With A Friend Tickets include:

Epic Products: Epic Pass, Epic Local Pass, Epic Military Pass (Active, Retired, Veteran & Dependent)

Colorado Pass Products: Summit Value pass, Keystone Plus Pass

Tahoe Pass Products: Tahoe Local Pass, Tahoe Value Pass, Kirkwood Pass

Northeast Pass Products: Northeast Value Pass*, Northeast Midweek Pass

Park City Pass Products: Park City Youth Pass

Stevens Pass Pass Products: Stevens Pass Premium Pass*, Stevens Pass Select Pass

Other Pass Products: Afton Alps Pass, Afton Alps College Night Pass, Afton Alps Family Pass, Afton Alps Friends Pass, Mt Brighton Pass, Mt Brighton College Night Pass, Mt Brighton Family Pass, Wilmot Pass, Wilmot Family Pass, Ohio Pass**, Hidden Valley Pass, Snow Creek Pass, Paoli Peaks Pass, 65+ Keystone Breck Pass, Senior 70+ 10 Pass, Merchant Epic Pass, Merchant Epic Local Pass, Merchant Tahoe Pass, Adaptive Epic Pass, Adaptive Tahoe Pass, Adaptive Northeast Value Pass, Adaptive Midwest Pass, Eagle & Lake Student Pass, Summit & Lake Student Pass, Eagle/Summit/Lake School Employee Pass, Eagle & Lake School Employee Pass, Summit & Lake School Employee Pass, BC Club Member Pass, BC Club Non-Member Pass, BG Club Pass, BC Club Charter Member Pass, BC Club Charter Non-Member Pass

Note: Unless explicitly stated, all age groups are included.
*80+/90+ & Tot Passes do not receive Buddy Tickets or Ski With A Friend Tickets. **Ohio Tot Pass does not receive Buddy Tickets or Ski With A Friend Tickets.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Holy crow, I just read online that Vail expects to sell 13% more passes for next season based on the guidance provided in yesterday's Investors Conference. That would put the total at about 2.4 million passholders, which includes the Epic Day Pass.

And I thought it was bad this year......

Peppermint

Angel Diva
Holy crow, I just read online that Vail expects to sell 13% more passes for next season based on the guidance provided in yesterday's Investors Conference. That would put the total at about 2.4 million passholders, which includes the Epic Day Pass.

And I thought it was bad this year......
That makes me so sad. As much as I love skiing at Mount Snow, I am not getting the Epic pass for next year based on those numbers. I can only ski on weekends so I don't think it would be worth it with potential long lines again. I only got a few days on my Indy Pass this year so I will be getting another for next year.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I believe we are going to avoid any "big" passes this year in my household. We'll buy a season pass as usual, which will come with 50% off Mountain Collective destinations, but I think we're going to hit Whitefish next season and use the 50% off for a couple weekend trips to Targhee. I am becoming more and more disillusioned with the mega resorts like Big Sky. As much as I love skiing there, it's just crowded and expensive. We also never seem to really luck out with great snow on our trips, so why travel when we have the Wasatch at our doorstep? Lodging has become prohibitively expensive, too. (Especially for Big Sky!) I have a very dear friend who lives in Whitefish so we can stay with her and just buy day passes there, which are still fairly reasonable.

The Indy pass is blacked out for our local mountains basically all winter, so it's become much less enticing as a result.

Honestly, the continuing trend of bad snow years also plays into the decision. Once upon a time, you could travel the intermountain west and be pretty much guaranteed powder for at least a day. With these 6 week long dry spells that have started occurring, well, it's just depressing.

Christy

Angel Diva
We also never seem to really luck out with great snow on our trips, so why travel when we have the Wasatch at our doorstep?
Honestly, the continuing trend of bad snow years also plays into the decision.

We are on the same wavelength. Even booking relatively last minute isn't really working out for me--we booked Bachelor 5 days in advance, then it poured there and froze up. Why not just stay local and be able to decide the morning of if I want to ski? I'm sure I will travel for skiing again, but I no longer have the kind of desire I used to, especially when I think about the carbon emissions of air travel.

Then of course the one place I'll travel regardless of conditions is in Idaho, which just feels like a hostile hostile place these days. I just had to go to north-central Idaho for work, and yikes. It wasn't pleasant.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I just read through the Vail Investors Conference presentation (available here if anyone is interested). They're pretty open with their goal of increasing passholders. They specifically state their goal is to receive 75% of lift revenue in advance....which honestly, makes sense from a business standpoint, especially in a business that is completely at Mother Nature's mercy. I'm guessing this is where the 13% that was online came from (2022 projections show that 62% of lift revenue will be from advanced sales, whereas their overall goal is 75%).

They also mention that pass growth does not necessarily mean visit growth, which makes sense. The presentation shows that they are trying to shift skiers away from day tickets and into a "subscription"-like model. Digging into those statistics...they show that there was only 2.8% growth in skier visits from 2020 to 2022, compared to the 76% increase in pass sales. I do expect these numbers to be a bit skewed, considering the early shutdown of 2020 (not sure if they took that into account).

One thing I found pretty remarkable was that mid-week, non-holiday visits were up 9% compared to a 0% increase in holiday/weekend visits. This is pretty consistent with what I've seen even at Sunday River too (non-Vail mountain). Weekdays are noticeably more active than in the past, and although I don't ski holidays, maybe people have reported that the mountain has been less busy than previous holidays or at least "not any busier".

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We are on the same wavelength. Even booking relatively last minute isn't really working out for me--we booked Bachelor 5 days in advance, then it poured there and froze up. Why not just stay local and be able to decide the morning of if I want to ski? I'm sure I will travel for skiing again, but I no longer have the kind of desire I used to, especially when I think about the carbon emissions of air travel.

Then of course the one place I'll travel regardless of conditions is in Idaho, which just feels like a hostile hostile place these days. I just had to go to north-central Idaho for work, and yikes. It wasn't pleasant.
So, it'll feel just like Utah then! We didn't take a trip to Sun Valley for the second year in a row.
Which reminds me, that is also an option for us for a quick trip. I'm just never enticed by the snow there.

Christy

Angel Diva
Which reminds me, that is also an option for us for a quick trip. I'm just never enticed by the snow there.
Oh, for sure the snow is not the lure, though we've been lucky a lot.

I forget if you Nordic ski. Galena Lodge, north of SV, has a Nordic trail system and it is so pretty up there. And driving up over Galena Pass is so beautiful and so empty.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, for sure the snow is not the lure, though we've been lucky a lot.

I forget if you Nordic ski. Galena Lodge, north of SV, has a Nordic trail system and it is so pretty up there. And driving up over Galena Pass is so beautiful and so empty.
I don't, but we do want to get up there on our mountain bikes this summer.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I've declined from being someone who couldn't fathom booking a ski trip 6 months in advance (10 years ago) to someone who can't even decide a day in advance (definitely this year). I've a friend who keeps wanting to plan local backcountry trips months in advance (I get it, she has kids), and I keep telling her that if conditions are good and safe when that day comes, it is a possibility. And I swear I am not a commitment-phobe in other aspects of my life.

No multi-resort pass for me next year. I'm switching to a local, independent resort.

Christy

Angel Diva
to someone who can't even decide a day in advance (definitely this year)

I feel like Goldilocks. The night before I will decide if conditions and anticipated crowds are in the zone that I like, so that the skiing will be worth my time and the drive. It can't be TOO good otherwise the crowds and road conditions will be a problem, but it's needs to be good enough.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Heard that someone who bought Indy for 2021-22 with the $30 pass protection will be getting a free 2022-23 Indy Pass, complete with $30 pass protection.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna