• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Multi-resort passes for 2022-23: Ikon, Epic, Indy etc.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Got the official email from Ikon about 2022-23 since I have Ikon this season. The focus was on March 10 as the day sales begin and the three new resorts: Chamonix in France, Sun Valley, and Snowbasin. The link went directly to the webpage with all the pricing. Would need to click on the tab for IKON BASE PLUS PASS to see that price.

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 6.50.20 PM.jpg

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Oh, okay. So hopefully it won't be a change in terms of increased visitors.

This is purely selfish thinking on my part. It's probably good for the resort, and they can handle more people.
I understand the pure selfishness ;) and the resort facilities really are lovely! Hopefully with it being a slightly more exclusive product crowding will be manageable. I’m curious to know what Epic will do…a lot of people threatened to switch to Ikon this year, but last year’s price difference really was significant.

Après Skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow! Sun Valley and Snowbasin! Very exciting for Ikon Passholders.
I will wait until 2024 to return to Chamonix to enjoy the reconstructed gondola at Les Grands Montets. I was hoping Ikon would add Tignes-Val d’Isère to the pass (Psst… Alterra, if you are listening… :smile: ).

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I understand the pure selfishness ;) and the resort facilities really are lovely! Hopefully with it being a slightly more exclusive product crowding will be manageable. I’m curious to know what Epic will do…a lot of people threatened to switch to Ikon this year, but last year’s price difference really was significant.
We are 2 of those Epic people switching (I think). I want to go to Taos, maybe Steamboat or Deer Valley. That was the drive to switch which would make our base Killington but I guess for only 5 or 7 days. That's a bummer. Hmmmm....

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wow! Sun Valley and Snowbasin! Very exciting for Ikon Passholders.
Yep, Ikon and SLC will be quite a combination next season.

Having Sun Valley and Snowbasin back on the MCP has value too for those people for which the lower cost commitment makes the MCP worth consideration. At around $500, it's really not hard to make good use of the MCP by going to two resorts. Especially if can commit while the bonus 3rd day at a pre-selected location is still available. Even though only two days are included, at 50% for additional days it's not hard to do two trips and get the per day lift ticket cost down to a reasonable amount for a destination resort at a big mountain.

I learned last summer that it was possible to change the location for the bonus if done early enough. My plans changed just before the deadline in late August so I was able to switch to Alta, where I knew I would be in April.

Tvan

Angel Diva
We’ll renew our Ikon Base passes and probably get season passes at Middlebury Snow Bowl for next season. Between unlimited at Stratton, Sugarbush and Middlebury, we’ll be covered. And, living in Vermont. :smile:

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
(Are we a ski family? We're a ski family, aren't we? What irresponsible person let this happen?)
*cough cough*… head to the bathroom, look in the mirror.

I mean, on the other hand, our hill has bring a friend half off this month* and I get to take my kids and two friends to the hill to ski after school tomorrow.

Could be SO MUCH WORSE THAN THAT!!!

*month reading about a week, since I have no idea how the snow will hold up to the weekend.

shadoj

Angel Diva
*month reading about a week, since I have no idea how the snow will hold up to the weekend.
My hill has proactively closed due to rain predicted on Saturday, and the ski sale got moved to next weekend. Waaaah. Maybe it will swing cold enough for our hardworking snowmaking/grooming crews to work their magic again... I hope. Not ready for things to be near the end here!

shadoj

Angel Diva
Also, should we not get another highly-transmissible evil COVID spike before I have to decide on the Indy pass... I might actually bite this year. Unless there are better options if I attend Diva East? Don't want to go Epic, of course ;)

newboots

Angel Diva
Also, should we not get another highly-transmissible evil COVID spike before I have to decide on the Indy pass... I might actually bite this year. Unless there are better options if I attend Diva East? Don't want to go Epic, of course ;)

IIRC, there was talk of Killington and Sugarbush, with a possible MRG add-on. Sugarbush is full access with the Ikon base pass, Killy is 5 days.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The deadline for the new Indy Switch discount is May 14. The idea is that someone who has a 2021-22 Epic, Ikon, or MCP can get Indy for a little less. While some people may actually switch, it's also good for someone who still intends to get another Ikon/MCP or Epic pass.

Families who must ski during weekends and/or holidays are probably better off with the Indy+ so that they don't have to worry about blackout dates. Although a few places required reservations. Assuming a weekend/holiday trip involves some advanced planning, that's probably not that big a deal. It wasn't an issue for Berkshire East over Pres. Day weekend to wait until about a week before to make a decision during my Indy ski safari based in the Berkshires for a week.

Screen Shot 2022-03-14.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
The MCP goes on public sale on March 15. People who renew can get a small discount through March 14.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
The deadline for the new Indy Switch discount is May 14. The idea is that someone who has a 2021-22 Epic, Ikon, or MCP can get Indy for a little less. While some people may actually switch, it's also good for someone who still intends to get another Ikon/MCP or Epic pass.

Families who must ski during weekends and/or holidays are probably better off with the Indy+ so that they don't have to worry about blackout dates. Although a few places required reservations. Assuming a weekend/holiday trip involves some advanced planning, that's probably not that big a deal. It wasn't an issue for Berkshire East over Pres. Day weekend to wait until about a week before to make a decision during my Indy ski safari based in the Berkshires for a week.

View attachment 18337
Just want to add that you can pay for Indy with monthly payments, and there's no extra charge.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
I’m seriously considering sticking close to home next season to ski more. I had one instructor after another tell me my techniques are sound but my confidence is wanting for lack of mileage, which leads to defensive skiing and regression on less than comfortable terrain. So maybe just the Epic pass for next season. I might still go to Taos but might not need an IKON pass if that’s the only ski trip I take.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I’m seriously considering sticking close to home next season to ski more. I had one instructor after another tell me my techniques are sound but my confidence is wanting for lack of mileage, which leads to defensive skiing and regression on less than comfortable terrain. So maybe just the Epic pass for next season. I might still go to Taos but might not need an IKON pass if that’s the only ski trip I take.
Would the Indy Pass make any sense? The Indy ski areas within driving distance of DC tend to have a relatively high percentage of mellow terrain. Could do some driving trips that include staying overnight for a night or two in the mid-Atlantic. The overall travel costs might compare well with flying out west and staying slopeside.

I think you would enjoy the blues at Montage, Shawnee, Mohawk, Catamount, or Berkshire East. Perhaps Greek Peak too. Indy also covers Bryce, Massanutten, and Canaan Valley. Although if driving to Davis, WV it's well worth a day or two at Timberline. That high speed detachable lift to the top means a lot of time on snow, especially midweek.

If your schedule for Taos matched up with someone with Ikon willing to use their Friends & Family days, that turned out to be the most cost effective approach for the few people who didn't have Ikon/MCP and went to TSV the same week as other Divas.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Mountain Collective Pass is on sale. Lowest prices and the bonus day at a pre-selected resort usually lasts until some time in May.

The biggest advantages of the MCP is that the cost is lower than Ikon or Epic, there are no blackout dates, and additional days are 50% off. As long as someone is pretty sure about getting to at least two resorts, it's not that hard to break even. When I was using the MCP before Ikon was an option, I could get my daily list access cost to about $50 per day. That was taking into account paying 50% for extra days (usually at Alta in April).

From March 15, 2022 email:
"When you purchase your 2022-23 Mountain Collective Pass, you get two days at 22 dream destinations, a bonus third day at the resort of your choice, half-off additional days and zero blackout dates. $539 USD for adults, $439 USD for teens, or $149 for children.

With the 2022-2023 season comes a few changes. Two world-renowned destinations, Sun Valley in Idaho and Snowbasin in Utah are returning to the Mountain Collective Pass while Mammoth, Palisades Tahoe, and Sugarbush will be departing."

alison wong

Angel Diva
Not likely to go w/ Epic pass next year. Reason, I don't use enough days at my local Epic pass locations in PA (Liberty, Whitetail, Roundtop) to justify the purchase. Local Epic mtns are very crowded in weekends, I ski defensively and lost my forms when it is crowded. It is just not fun and it can be scary. Weekends are the only days I can ski.

Likely I will go w/ full Ikon next year because I need to coordinate with my nephew's school schedule. We plan to camp out somewhere in the west coast during his winter break.

@Ski Sine Fine - how about MCP? it is $569 now and you can have a 3rd bonus.

marzNC

Angel Diva
how about MCP? it is $569 now and you can have a 3rd bonus.
The MCP is $539 as of March 15, with the bonus day at a pre-selected resort. Bonus day will only be available during the early bird stage. Price will go up after June.

I combined Ikon Base with the MCP for 2021-22. The 50% discount for additional days will be useful at Alta because I'm staying longer than a week.

For 2022-23 I'll get Full Ikon because I need it for Alta/Snowbird. Not much point to get Ikon Base Plus given the difference in price is about $100. Haven't decided whether I need the MCP as well. May not given where I plan to go for trips to Ikon destination resorts in 2023.

What adds a complication is that I qualify for a senior pass for Alta. Hopefully that price will be available soon. I can't remember if an Alta Senior Pass gets reciprocal MCP benefits. That provides the 50% discount at other MCP resorts. Not planning on going to Palisades, Mammoth, or Sugarbush to the fact that they were pulled out isn't a factor for me.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly