• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Multi-resort passes for 2022-23: Ikon, Epic, Indy etc.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
Not likely to go w/ Epic pass next year. Reason, I don't use enough days at my local Epic pass locations in PA (Liberty, Whitetail, Roundtop) to justify the purchase. Local Epic mtns are very crowded in weekends, I ski defensively and lost my forms when it is crowded. It is just not fun and it can be scary. Weekends are the only days I can ski.

Likely I will go w/ full Ikon next year because I need to coordinate with my nephew's school schedule. We plan to camp out somewhere in the west coast during his winter break.

@Ski Sine Fine - how about MCP? it is $569 now and you can have a 3rd bonus.
I pretty much decided to just get the Epic military pass. I’ll probably still go to Breck in December. It’s become somewhat of a tradition and I know the greens & blues on that mountain well. For Taos, I’ll pay the military window rate for 5 days of ski week (I always take a day off mid-week) or bum someone’s buddy tickets. Other than that, all local Epic resorts, staying home and working on technique and confidence. For a couple days at Massanutten, a couple days at Timberline (WV), I’ll just pay the window rate.

marzNC

Angel Diva
May or may not apply to 2022-23, but I've recently learned that only Snowbird in LCC/BCC allows the Ikon F&F online transfer process. For Alta, Brighton, and Solitude the only way to use F&F is for the Ikon holder to be with the friend at a ticket window. Once it's confirmed that there are Ikon F&F left then the friend pays the discounted rate for their lift ticket.

For 2021-22, the 25% discount for Ikon F&F is better than any online advanced purchase rate. Those discounts for LCC/BCC run 10-20%, depending on date.

Christy

Angel Diva
Arg, these passes aren't working for me but it's tough to ski without them. I never got a pass the first 15 years I skied--we just went where conditions were good and where we felt like driving. But lift tickets were only $50-$70 (and I remember when Crystal went up to $70 and we were shocked) and there were usually discount tickets or ticket packs. But now I have to commit to one place, since daily lift tickets now are over $100, and even up to $189 at Crystal.

I don't want to be monogamous to a local ski hill! Boo.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Arg, these passes aren't working for me but it's tough to ski without them. I never got a pass the first 15 years I skied--we just went where conditions were good and where we felt like driving. But lift tickets were only $50-$70 (and I remember when Crystal went up to $70 and we were shocked) and there were usually discount tickets or ticket packs. But now I have to commit to one place, since daily lift tickets now are over $100, and even up to $189 at Crystal.

I don't want to be monogamous to a local ski hill! Boo.
I was still complaining about Elk's $60 lift ticket last year. Now I'm keeping my mouth shut.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Now that I don't travel west to ski anymore (and I don't see that changing anytime soon due to the pandemic), multi resort passes don't really make sense for me either. Unfortunately I stupidly bought an Ikon pass back in April 2020 thinking everything would be "fine" by the next year. I ended up deferring it for 2021 and then in order to use the credit had to buy it again for 2022 and I also deferred it for 2022. Now here we are again and in order to get my money out of the credit I have buy it or lose the credit. I guess I'll buy it again and then hope to just blow the Killington days next year and get rid of it. Not a good use of the pass but it is what it is.

For local skiing I really prefer to be a free agent and just go where I want when I want. Despite the prices, I really rather just buy one off tickets when I want. But even that didn't work out for me this year. Due to Omicron I didn't want to have to go inside a lodge at all, so I just stuck to skiing closer by at Wachusett since I can get there and back in a few hours and not have to go inside. Now that the main surge has declined I'm willing to go inside wearing a KN 95, but the conditions in VT have not aligned for me to get there---rain etc. Blah.

marzNC

Angel Diva
It looks like the deadline for the Ikon renewal discounts is April 21. That's a bit earlier than last year.

newboots

Angel Diva
I usually get the discount card, not the whole pass. But I've never skied at Gore or Whiteface. This wasn't a good year for getting my money's worth out of the passes! Bad snow, granddaughter's birth, and now Covid. :frown:

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
I usually get the discount card, not the whole pass. But I've never skied at Gore or Whiteface. This wasn't a good year for getting my money's worth out of the passes! Bad snow, granddaughter's birth, and now Covid. :frown:
When there’s fresh pow Whiteface is incredible!! Hope we can meet up in NY at some point next season!

yogiskier

Angel Diva
I'm considering a lot of factors and I *think* I want a multi-resort aka Ikon, Epic, or Ski3. I only plan to ski East Coast. Last season I did Indy and enjoyed it and was thankful to have skiing during the pandemic, but looking back I got burned out by all of the effort (making day trips by myself, getting a Covid test every time I crossed state lines, staying out of the lodge), which was part of the reason I skipped downhill this season.

I also moved from Boston to New Jersey, so I need to acquaint myself with NY/VT mountains as opposed to NH, where I'm pretty sure I've skied at pretty much every mountain except Cannon at one time or another :smile: Some things that are important to me: I'll mostly be skiing weekends, I'd like a multi-week weekend program so that I will commit to more days of skiing and can progress from intermediate to glades and sidecountry eventually, and since I don't have any family/friends who ski, I'm considering finding a ski club that frequents a particular mountain(s) so that there could be some reduction of travel effort/lodging expenses, and increase of camraderie :smile:

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
I'm considering a lot of factors and I *think* I want a multi-resort aka Ikon, Epic, or Ski3. I only plan to ski East Coast. Last season I did Indy and enjoyed it and was thankful to have skiing during the pandemic, but looking back I got burned out by all of the effort (making day trips by myself, getting a Covid test every time I crossed state lines, staying out of the lodge), which was part of the reason I skipped downhill this season.

I also moved from Boston to New Jersey, so I need to acquaint myself with NY/VT mountains as opposed to NH, where I'm pretty sure I've skied at pretty much every mountain except Cannon at one time or another :smile: Some things that are important to me: I'll mostly be skiing weekends, I'd like a multi-week weekend program so that I will commit to more days of skiing and can progress from intermediate to glades and sidecountry eventually, and since I don't have any family/friends who ski, I'm considering finding a ski club that frequents a particular mountain(s) so that there could be some reduction of travel effort/lodging expenses, and increase of camraderie :smile:
I mostly ski weekends as well. If you get Ski3 I would meet up with you to ski! I also belong to the OC Ski Club. The club has been affected by Covid and things have changed… But they do have Friday and Sunday day trips each week, a lesson program, and excellent trips! The Sunday river trip we went on this past year was fantastic!

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva

Sugarbush does have multi week programs. They have a women’s discovery program as well as an adult advanced program. I am sure that those would help you to move into skiing ungroomed terrain, glades etc… Michelle is a great instructor! As is Chuck

yogiskier

Angel Diva
I mostly ski weekends as well. If you get Ski3 I would meet up with you to ski! I also belong to the OC Ski Club. The club has been affected by Covid and things have changed… But they do have Friday and Sunday day trips each week, a lesson program, and excellent trips! The Sunday river trip we went on this past year was fantastic!
That would be awesome - I'll keep that in mind for considering the Ski3 :smile: I am 2 hours south of Albany, so I'm not sure that the OC Ski Club makes sense for me, but it sounds like a great club! I also do cross-country, so I love that you have a ski bus for those trips as well.

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
That would be awesome - I'll keep that in mind for considering the Ski3 :smile: I am 2 hours south of Albany, so I'm not sure that the OC Ski Club makes sense for me, but it sounds like a great club! I also do cross-country, so I love that you have a ski bus for those trips as well.
Ski3 has some nice features including XC skiing at Gore with snowmaking and lighting! Also lift serviced MTBing is included at Gore.

newboots

Angel Diva
The Central Jersey Ski Club - https://www.centraljerseyskiclub.com/ - has a lodge in Rochester, VT (between Killington and Sugarbush, sort of), and they have bus trips. It's very inexpensive to join ($75/year) and if you're a member, you can use the lodge for $30/night. The bus leaves from somewhere in central Jersey, and makes a stop in Mahwah on its way north. They also have trips out West and are planning a trip (non-skiing) to Iceland.

I am a member of the Hudson Valley Ski Club, roughly based in Poughkeepsie. Trips to various mountains, in NY and Vermont, including Gore and Whiteface. I think it's $50/year.

yogiskier

Angel Diva
The Central Jersey Ski Club - https://www.centraljerseyskiclub.com/ - has a lodge in Rochester, VT (between Killington and Sugarbush, sort of), and they have bus trips. It's very inexpensive to join ($75/year) and if you're a member, you can use the lodge for $30/night. The bus leaves from somewhere in central Jersey, and makes a stop in Mahwah on its way north. They also have trips out West and are planning a trip (non-skiing) to Iceland.

I am a member of the Hudson Valley Ski Club, roughly based in Poughkeepsie. Trips to various mountains, in NY and Vermont, including Gore and Whiteface. I think it's $50/year.

Thanks for the tips @newboots ! I was on the NJ Ski Council page, but didn't click on that one because it said Central Jersey - but Mahwah is pretty close to me

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
We've had Ikon the past two seasons. Still haven't used this years because Flurona struck in December and lung capacity was not up to skiing for the hubby. Hopefully make up for lost time here in April. But I digress, probably switching to Epic since vail just bought all of my local mountains...but since they are waiting to release pricing until after Ikon released theirs, we shall see if it's worth it.

teppaz

Angel Diva
I've had Ikon Base for the past 3 seasons but I think I'm going to switch back to MC for 2022-23. I like hopping around resorts and would love to return to Big Sky and Targhee, perhaps drive down to Utah for a swing. The only thing is that new favorites Copper and Winter Park aren't on the MC so I wouldn't be able to do a Colorado trip like my recent one, where I hit Copper, Winter Park and A-Basin.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I've had Ikon Base for the past 3 seasons but I think I'm going to switch back to MC for 2022-23. I like hopping around resorts and would love to return to Big Sky and Targhee, perhaps drive down to Utah for a swing. The only thing is that new favorites Copper and Winter Park aren't on the MC so I wouldn't be able to do a Colorado trip like my recent one, where I hit Copper, Winter Park and A-Basin.
If you are willing to drive a little farther from Denver, or start in Albuquerque, consider pricing out midweek lift tickets for Wolf Creek and Monarch. Assuming you want to go somewhere that often has untracked powder and short lift lines.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna