• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Got my COVID vaccine

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I go tomorrow for my second dose and I'm hoping for few to no side effects. I have a paper and presentation I need to work on this weekend for my capstone course, so I'll have to push through even if I feel like garbage.

marzNC

Angel Diva

echo_VT

Angel Diva
I got the first in mid Mar and completed with the second early this week — got moderna. Definitely took us out for a couple days with chills and aches. Yeah the arm took a beating which was hurting for sure. Looking forward when they make it ok for kids under 12...! And I’ll get to see the family which will be nice.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Done about an hour ago - so far so good!

They also gave us a flyer that Utah now has an official app to track your vaccines so we don't have to worry about losing/damaging/carrying around a vaccine card. :smile:

I got that flyer here, and decided that for some reason, that was too much police state for me.

We all have different boundaries?
:rotf:
I did take a pic of my card.
Because you know... I’m basically off the grid with my iPhone and my cloud storage.
:wink:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Done about an hour ago - so far so good!

They also gave us a flyer that Utah now has an official app to track your vaccines so we don't have to worry about losing/damaging/carrying around a vaccine card. :smile:

That’s awesome! When I went I was told to take a picture of my card to have on my phone and a photocopy to keep in my purse. Then to keep the card somewhere safe like with a passport. No laminating in case they need to fill out more for boosters..

I followed these instructions, but I’d personally rather just be able to pull it up electronically as needed in some official way.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The state of Montana has a place you can logon to order something or that healthcare can look at. But near as I can tell there's no place I can logon and look online. But then, it's a state refusing to provide vaccine passports, etc. I don't know how we'll travel. I doubt they'll be accepting these cards. I've got mine in a plastic sleeve and a picture, but it seems so easily forged.

Jilly

Staff member
All my shots are on my Health Card. Any time I've even had the seasonal flu shot it gets recorded and added to the file. For the Covid vaccine they check all my information about 4 times before they gave me the shot.

altagirl

Staff member
DH went ahead and got his card laminated right after his 2nd shot. I had read that you may want to not do that due to booster shots, but couldn't find any official guidance one way or the other and figured they'd come up with a more official system by the time we're ready for a booster. I don't know where I'll need to show it and don't need to travel anytime soon, so I just stuck it in my passport. Honestly, if you laminate it and can't record the booster on the same card, I'm sure they'll just give you a second one. There are companies doing the vaccine card lamination for free here, so I'm sure there will be a lot of people needing that.

So far I'm not really feeling much - some really intermittent muscle/body aches and I was a little bit tired/brain foggy yesterday, but nothing that interfered with my big plans of spending my afternoon/evening watching Netflix.... (I got outside for several hours in the morning before my vaccine and figured I'd just chill afterwards.) My arm is a tiny bit sore but not bad at all.

MissySki

Angel Diva
That’s what I thought about laminating, who cares?? I was surprised they specifically mentioned this stuff when I went this time. At my first shot nothing was said about the card at all. I followed their suggestions for now just because it was easy enough to do so.

Jilly

Staff member
I didn't get a card, but a full page "receipt" that I'd had the first shot. All the info was on it. I kept the digital images on my computer and phone so I have them.

There has been talk about a vaccine "passport". I don't have a problem with that. We had them back in the 70's in order to travel aboard. You had to show you'd had shots to get into some countries. And where we went you wanted a cholera shot!!

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Our state has a vaccine registry. So, I can log in and pull my kids’ vaccination records - and so can the school district. I’m assuming I am also part of that registry. Wouldn’t most states have that for the schools?

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So far I had some mild all over body aches overnight into early this morning, but I'm feeling pretty good right now. The body aches have, at least for now, faded.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga