• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Got my COVID vaccine

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yup - I do aerials (not the fancy tumbling and acrobatics) so silks, lyra (hoop), and dance (static) trapeze. I'm not very good yet, but it's been great for my upper body and grip strength.
Oh, that's very cool! I just went to a beginner lyra class with a friend the other day, it was surprisingly punishing haha. The hoop is very narrow and hard when it's pressing into my body! Keen to try it again though. I have tried silks once. Needed a lot of grip strength for that!!

Anti-thread-drift - well done on getting a vaccine already, no one I know is eligible until at least July haha

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, that's very cool! I just went to a beginner lyra class with a friend the other day, it was surprisingly punishing haha. The hoop is very narrow and hard when it's pressing into my body! Keen to try it again though. I have tried silks once. Needed a lot of grip strength for that!!

Anti-thread-drift - well done on getting a vaccine already, no one I know is eligible until at least July haha
I'm group 2, so they're currently trying to get us all immunized before we need the flu shot I think!

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just another data point. My daughter had side effects from the second Pfizer shot, even though neither of her parents did. She's fit, we're not. She's almost 34, we're double that. Chills, muscle aches, headache, fever, brain fog. Lasted most of two days, starting about 12 hours after the shot. She was wiped out for most of the first day. So, once again, age-related, clearly not hereditary.

She's also done aerials class on one of those Cirque de Soleil type silk ropes, by the way. Loved it but it came to an end when Covid arrived.

ride_ski

Angel Diva
Yup - I do aerials (not the fancy tumbling and acrobatics) so silks, lyra (hoop), and dance (static) trapeze. I'm not very good yet, but it's been great for my upper body and grip strength.
Also off topic----Some of you know that I do flying trapeze (but it was closed last year-looking forward to getting back to it this year). Nowhere close by to do silks or lyra, but I have been doing aerial or hammock yoga instead. Agree that all types of "circus activities" are great exercise and so much fun

MissySki

Angel Diva
Well, second Moderna is in my arm. Sitting for my 15 minute observation now!

My nurse was wonderful today. The first one actually hurt significantly more than a flu shot etc., but today’s was great. So it was definitely the person administering it! Now bracing myself for whatever is to come, but also trying not to work myself up about it. I’ve been focusing on hydrating all day (I’m not a big drinker and have to really force myself to up my fluid intake. I just don’t often feel thirsty unless I’m being active.). I’ve had to pee a million times today, so I think I’ve been successful in hydrating more than normal so far anyway. Haha

Here’s hoping the next 24 hours are uneventful..

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Well, second Moderna is in my arm. Sitting for my 15 minute observation now!

My nurse was wonderful today. The first one actually hurt significantly more than a flu shot etc., but today’s was great. So it was definitely the person administering it! Now bracing myself for whatever is to come, but also trying not to work myself up about it. I’ve been focusing on hydrating all day (I’m not a big drinker and have to really force myself to up my fluid intake. I just don’t often feel thirsty unless I’m being active.). I’ve had to pee a million times today, so I think I’ve been successful in hydrating more than normal so far anyway. Haha

Here’s hoping the next 24 hours are uneventful..
How are you feeling?

MissySki

Angel Diva
So yesterday was actually quite rough! I was fine until around 9am when the body aches, fever, alternating chills and sweating hot flashes, brain fog, and general weakness feeling started. I mostly stayed on the couch outside of a few Zoom meetings I didn't want to miss. Tylenol was really helpful, but the body aches were much more intense than I'd anticipated and drove me a bit batty during the times where my last dose had worn off but it was too early for the next.. Even my skin hurt to the touch at some points, it was wince worthy just to pull on clothing. It basically felt like a bad flu without any of the respiratory symptoms.

I definitely wouldn't have been able to go skiing or any active pursuit. I didn't have any desire to leave the house and am glad I didn't have to.

Happy to report that I feel MUCH better today though, so it was thankfully short lived. Things were already much better by yesterday evening as well, so I'd say the worst of it was around 12 hours. My arm is still quite sore today and I feel a little tired but the rest is gone. It was very much worth it and I'm happy to be building up my antibodies as I type.

@RachelV hope you're doing well!

Last edited:

shadoj

Angel Diva
Just got my second Pfizer dose! I pre-hydrated and Tylenol'd; it's been 3 hours and feeling a tiny bit of soreness in my arm. Hope it stops with only that and some tiredness, like the first round. I can also report that the first dose did not change my menstrual flow; the timing on that was mid-cycle, so perhaps I lucked out. It feels so good to finally start helping with the herd immunity!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Just an fyi for others, the current recommendation is to NOT take over the counter pain relievers or antihistamines prior to your vaccination. Seems this is due to not wanting to suppress any immune response to start. Once you develop side effects, if you do, it’s okay to take something. I still stuck to Tylenol at that point, not wanting to suppress the inflammatory process.

CDC link for reference below:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/prepare-for-vaccination.html#:~:text=It is not recommended you,well the vaccine works.

shadoj

Angel Diva
Just an fyi for others, the current recommendation is to NOT take over the counter pain relievers or antihistamines prior to your vaccination. Seems this is due to not wanting to suppress any immune response to start. Once you develop side effects, if you do, it’s okay to take something. I still stuck to Tylenol at that point, not wanting to suppress the inflammatory process.

CDC link for reference below:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/prepare-for-vaccination.html#:~:text=It is not recommended you,well the vaccine works.

Oh no, good to know! I took one Tylenol first thing in the morning because I was already super-sore from my garden job, and I do have to do physical work the next couple days. Didn't take anything the 1st dose; hope I didn't screw up the immune response this time around... :eek:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna