• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Got my COVID vaccine

SkiBabyMD

Certified Ski Diva
It's been a hectic winter season in California with the hospital and ICU seemingly bursting at the seams. I got my COVID vaccine yesterday and although my arm is a little sore, I feel fortunate to have received it so early. It was the Pfizer vaccine, although we just got a huge shipment of Moderna. I think the differences are negligible between the two and they are more similar than dissimilar. Hoping we get the vaccine rolled out to everyone ASAP so we return normalcy. I would encourage everyone to get the shot when offered. Whatever side effects the vaccine has like soreness, flu-like symptoms, etc. pails in comparison to actually contracting COVID! It feels similar to the flu shot; get that one too if you haven't already!

Happy Holidays ladies and see you on the socially distant slopes!

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Great for you, @SkiBabyMD, congratulations! Please keep us posted on any additional side effects you may have, especially after the second dose, which is when they might be more pronounced, according to what I've read.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Assuming there are no major new side effects reported by the time my turn finally comes around sometime this spring / summer, I certainly plan on getting the vaccine.

Can't be any worse than the shingles shot #2......
Yes, the second shot left my arm warm and sore for a good week afterwards. But a little discomfort compared to the potential alternative seems like a decent trade off.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Had mine (Pfizer) last week and haven't had any symptoms other than a little swelling and itchiness at the site for a few hours. They ask you to sign up for an app that tracks your symptoms daily, so I imagine they have a good picture emerging of how people respond.

I've read that after 12 or so days, the vaccine is about 50% effective, then goes up into the 90s after the booster.

Tvan

Angel Diva
I’m currently researching to see if I will be able to have the vaccine. I have some medical considerations that make vaccinations challenging for me.

SkiBabyMD

Certified Ski Diva
I’m currently researching to see if I will be able to have the vaccine. I have some medical considerations that make vaccinations challenging for me.

Definitely ask your doctor! Aside from severe allergic reactions, I don’t think there are any absolute hard stops.

Moonrocket

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Definitely ask your doctor! Aside from severe allergic reactions, I don’t think there are any absolute hard stops.

Do you know what they are telling people who carry epi pens for bee sting reactions now about vaccinating? My teacher friend was super excited for the vaccination- but she doesn’t even go on camping trips far away due to her bee sting history.

newboots

Angel Diva
Lucky you!

I had a wretched time with the 2nd Shingrix, too, but it can't compare to some stories of shingles I've heard. I did feel pretty sick for a day, though.

For covid? I'll put up with a day or 5 of side effects. The disease is far too risky, especially for us with senior season passes!

Thanks for publicizing, @SkiBabyMD - we need all the positive role models putting out the word!

alison wong

Angel Diva
Got mine on 12/24, best Christmas present ever! My second dose will be on 1/21/2021 since I got the Moderna vaccine. This vaccine has 95% efficacy per clinical trials, let's hope I won't be in the 5% group.
My arm is bit sore from the injection, I'd say more sore than the flu vaccine.
Also, took photo of my vaccination card with my phone in case I need it for travel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gilly1965