• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

All Things Mammoth 2011/2012!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
A couple of phone pictures from today at Mammoth. They are doing a great job with the snow they have:

IMG_20120309_142702.jpg

IMG_20120309_133337.jpg

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How are things compared to last month? We are having issues finding a time we can get away as more training keeps coming up. At this rate, I am going to schedule my own trip and quit worrying if DH can come. I'm making myself nuts at the moment! :(

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Contesstant, I believe the conditions are better than they were when you were here. I ventured off piste several times today without seeing any rocks.

Today was another (too) beautiful day. It was a bit more crowded but really there were no lift lines.

IMG_20120310_122302.jpg

Some snow is predicted for this week, and several major storms are on the horizon. We have pretty much stopped counting our snowflakes in advance, so stay tuned. Four or more feet of snow and I recommend everyone plan a trip to Mammoth.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Better than when we were there--awesome!! I did see the forecast and it is good--still working on those training dates for DH and should know this week :becky:

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was there this weekend. I missed skiing with skibum4ever but bumped into people that I haven't seen for 12-13 years. It was fun to re-live ski trip memories, catch up on lives, and do some runs. Face of 5 had great conditions Saturday afternoon.

June Mt. on Friday was almost all open (and I don't care much about the double blacks that were closed) and it felt like my own private mountain for most of the morning. Very good conditions.

Mammoth: Ice patches on Cornice, poor conditions on 25 and 9, face of 5 was really nice on Saturday afternoon, clouds created some flat light conditions Sunday morning but it was brightening up later on. Overall lots of fun as usual.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
25 and 9 were not good when we were there, either. Hopefully that will change the next couple weeks, because I love the runs back there!! Vicki, when will you be up again?

I would love to try June--my brother used to ski there to avoid the crowds. But they have no daycare and I don't think peewee lessons, either. So not an option, unfortunately.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi there, I don't have any other firm commitments for Mammoth yet but am open-minded. I would like to visit the Tahoe area later this month.

While I don't know how Mammoth's fabled late spring skiing will be this year, as the base is really low, I'm not putting my skis away yet. :smile:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Then stay tuned here because there are a few of us heading up there still! Based on the forecast, the snow could pile up more in the next few weeks than it has all winter! :ski: So no way, don't put those skis away!!

Where are you going in Tahoe? That's my old stomping ground and also where I got married :D They are supposed to get even more snow than Mammoth!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK, we are heading up 8-12 April. I know Mustski is going to be there--anyone else? Likely our last skiing of the year :( unless the storm door stays open and I can swing a trip to Snow Summit.

mustski

Angel Diva
OK, we are heading up 8-12 April. I know Mustski is going to be there--anyone else? Likely our last skiing of the year :( unless the storm door stays open and I can swing a trip to Snow Summit.

Where are you staying and is the family coming also? Did DH manage to work out his training schedule? Keep in mind we have a teenager and could do an adult dinner out and he could babysit! I haven't mentioned this to him yet, but he's a good sport.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Working on booking at Sherwin Villas, which is right by Vons I believe. Training schedule as of now will not interfere, although he may have to leave a day early to finish things on base up as he departs for real the following week. A sitter would be fun but I honestly doubt DH will want to spend any more time away from peewee! Thanks for offering your son up, though! That's funny--if we DO take you up on it, at least our peewee is SUPER easy!

mustski

Angel Diva
That's true with him leaving I'm sure he wants every minute possible with you guys! That's got to be the hardest part of deployment - leaving those you love! It's really quite the sacrifice you military families make so the rest of us can enjoy our freedom. Much thanks to all of you for your service.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks so much--it's not an easy lifestyle to begin with. The separation is going to be hardest for peewee, I'm afraid, which breaks my heart :(

Right now, I am extremely frustrated that the two weeks he gets to be home between training and training, and leaving, he is having more training added and has to do a bunch of other administrative crap on base. So we might get him for 10 days. It'd almost be easier if he didn't have the time back home at all. The rhythm changes around here when he's gone (he had a 10-week class last year out of state) and I almost hate to have that rhythm disrupted for a short period only to go back to being home alone. **sigh** It could be SO much worse!

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We SoCal Divas do have our fair share of life difficulties, don't we? Somehow, we'll make it work - just make sure he knows how to Skype before he leaves! And I'll add my thanks to Pat's for your and Matt's service. And peewee's too! All of you serve and we appreciate it so much.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, Mary :D Yes, not a good year for us, is it! We are very versed on Skype after his trip last year, just hoping he can get good enough internet to use it. Otherwise, it will be a sad 6 months!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't say on a public forum, but nowhere fun, that's for sure!

The condo in Mammoth I had inquired about had a pending reservation that finally ponied up. I am so bummed! So will have to hunt down accommodations.

mustski

Angel Diva
I can't say on a public forum, but nowhere fun, that's for sure!

Oops! Sorry, I didn't even think of that! Good luck finding a spot in Mammoth. I know Edelweiss still has openings. I've never been there before but it takes dogs and looks cute, so that was good enough for me! I'm easy to please though.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Edelweiss isn't big enough, unfortunately :( And no worries--I actually hadn't given it any thought, either!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna