• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

All Things Mammoth 2011/2012!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll be there, with bells on!

Feb 24-26
Mar 9-10

My cell, in super secret code only a real-live diva can decipher, is:
seeks-2-seeks to-f5ve-two tree-for-nein-four

I am actually looking at those days in March to head up again! We'll see how the budget stacks up. It's so hard with peewee because she adds $100 per day to any trip :(

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Absolutely! Will def look forward to it. :smile:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I'm pretty sure we'll be there around Mar. 9-14, as we have friends coming to ski from back east.

Any other southern California Divas who might make it to Mammoth around then??? :grouphug:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm pretty sure we'll be there around Mar. 9-14, as we have friends coming to ski from back east.

Any other southern California Divas who might make it to Mammoth around then??? :grouphug:

Working on it!! It kind of depends on what comes down the deployment pipeline. I think VickieK and Mustski are going to be up there at that time, which is part of my motivation to go then.

mustski

Angel Diva
We are going the week of April 9th - public school spring break. We arrive Easter Sunday (9th) and leave the following Saturday. We plan to ski 4 of the 5 days with a day of rest for my DH. It would be great to meet up with some divas.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mini trip report: Feb 24-26 @ Mammoth.
I found snow quality to be good but, as if I need to say it, they need more. Had a great time this weekend, blue skies, windy, warm changing to colder. New friends: Met skibum4ever, her DH, her friend Elise. Talked SkiDivas up to other gals in my ski club, so you might see some new names/faces around. New Jacket: very warm and I love it. And I really really really had a ball on my skis. :banana:

mustski

Angel Diva
Yay! I am hoping that the snow holds up until we get there in April. Better yet, bring on the March storms!

skithesierras

Angel Diva
I am thinking that 3/9 through 3/11 might work for me. It looks like a few of you will be there that weekend - would love to hookup!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
yes, i'll be there. arriving the thursday night, skiing friday-saturday-sunday. :smile:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Things just got turned upside down around my house as it appears DH's deployment is starting two months earlier than I expected. I'll be sitting tight not making any plans until I know what's happening in that regard! I won't let it stop me and peewee from coming up, since she does so well in lessons and daycare, just not sure when it'll happen. At least there are lots of deals to be had, and last-minute deals at that!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh dear. That must be a rough surprise about your DH's deployment. Re: Mmmth, there's a $59 ski-buddy deal, I think the only criteria is buying just one day in advance. I will get the details and PM them to you.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, Vicki! I wish they would offer up some killer deals on lodging. I can get lift tix on base for very good prices, it's the lodging (well, and daycare) that kill me. Seriously, why is Mammoth so expensive compared to other major resorts? And very few lodging deals have come out this year despite the lack of snow and resulting low business.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just checked the Shilo Inn website and they are offering very good room rates for military, or veterans, it says. I need to call and ask them who that rate covers because I also have some neighbors who want to come up who are active duty.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
We should be at Mammoth from Mar. 9-14. Sounds like a definite Diva weekend. Hope to meet some new Divas; I've had such fun skiing with contesstant and VickiK. Hope you both can make it.

Also, skithesierras, it would be fun to ski with you again.

Any other Divas, please chime in if you'll be around. And keep doing those snow dances!!! :ski:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I really want to go that weekend, but am having such a hard time kicking this virus that I haven't exercised in weeks and am worried about my strength! It'll be my first weekend solo...pretty sure getting away would be a good thing.

Skibum, Tahoe is getting hammered this week so I hope you are still heading up there! Should be awesome!!!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK, deployment dates (which include a lot of training) are falling into place and we are planning a Mammoth trip during the few remaining weeks we'll have together until late fall! It's looking like the first week of April. Coordinating with some neighbors and hoping some Divas will be there, too. Sounds like most of you will be there later than that, but I'm throwing it out there to see! I have truly enjoyed those of you whom I have met and skied with and hope to meet more of you, too! :grouphug:

Poor DH is going to go from the temperate coastal CA climate to 130 degrees F. I can't even imagine! So a nice, cold ski trip is a good sendoff!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
We're still on target for Mar. 9-14 at Mammoth. Actually arriving the 9th, skiing the 10th.:ski3:

Unfortunately, we may not make it to Tahoe as DH has been sick and is not yet willing to commit to heading up to the snow.

Hope to see a few Divas between Mar. 10 and 14.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't blame him--it has taken me two weeks to recover and now I'm so out of shape, altitude and skiing would kick my butt! Tell him to feel better!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly