• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

All Things Mammoth 2011/2012!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
We will be in CO in early April, so I might miss some of you socal Divas. Definitely next winter or maybe even during the summer; might be fun.

I will post here when we decide about Mammoth. I'm pretty sure we'll be up there for the last week of full operation, which ends Apr. 22. DH has even suggested that we stay there an extra couple of days if the skiing is decent and all my pre-op work is completed.

NOW is the time to head to Mammoth or Tahoe: I hear it's absolutely DUMPING up there.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am heading to Snow Summit this Tuesday, if you're interested! Wish I could bomb up to Mammoth tomorrow, but small person just makes that so much more expensive!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Enjoy Mammoth! Jealous!! Should be phenomenal. They are getting hammered right now!

AggieK

Certified Ski Diva
It is beautiful up here! We are staying at Eidelweiss (we always do) and woke up to a winter wonderland this morning. I demo'd the Vokl Kiku, and after a few runs I found that sweet spot. What do you guys think about Kiku for a single quiver ski at Mammoth? Too wide?

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You are there for the epic dump?! So jealous! Can't comment on the Kiku--what's the width? I just bought Black Pearls for my one and only ski--they are 88 under foot. How many days do you ski per year?

AggieK

Certified Ski Diva
It is pretty huge under foot, 106. I ski about 35 days per year, with about 20 at Mammoth, 5 in Tahoe, 5 in Utah, and 5 somewhere else. I mostly ski off piste. Snow is beautiful this weekend!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I'd say way too wide especially for a year like this one we've had, but if you've been skiing on it and liking it, then it works for you which is what matters.

Pics are required of your time up there right now, BTW :becky:

mustski

Angel Diva
It is pretty huge under foot, 106. I ski about 35 days per year, with about 20 at Mammoth, 5 in Tahoe, 5 in Utah, and 5 somewhere else. I mostly ski off piste. Snow is beautiful this weekend!
I have been skiing the Aura which are 96 underfoot. Today was the first day I had a chance to try them in powder (2 feet) and they were awesome. My point is that I have been skiing them on groomers, crud, ice, and soft slushy spring stuff and they have wowed me in all conditions. Fat or not, they jump up on edge with surprising ease. If the Kikus do that, then go for it. Ask Volklgirl, she skis Kikus.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Divas who are headed to Mammoth and don't have season passes: I have a single voucher for a $49 lift ticket. If you will use it, PM me with your mailing address. First PM I will mail the voucher the same or next day.

mustski

Angel Diva
Divas who are headed to Mammoth and don't have season passes: I have a single voucher for a $49 lift ticket. If you will use it, PM me with your mailing address. First PM I will mail the voucher the same or next day.
We already have ours. Any chance you will be in Mammoth the week of April 9th? I would love to meet you.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
So sorry, mustski. We will be in CO at that time. In addition to some spring skiing, we will be getting our condos in order for summer.

I may try to organize a summer get-together in a place that is accessible for all of us (if there is such a place!) If not, I look forward to meeting you next season.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think I am the only one here who has met all of us SoCal Divas who have piped up here and skied together--Skibum, Gardenmary, Mustski, and VickiK (who I finally met today,) and I can honestly say we would all have a GREAT time together! What a neat bunch of women you are! I truly do hope we can all get together to ski as a group, because we would have so much fun!! I wish it was colder and a better season locally, because we certainly could all have a great time skiing at Snow Summit. (Skied a double black there today with Vicki and while it was really more of a black, I didn't bat an eye and didn't stop--love those Black Pearls!)

In the meantime, I'll see Mustski at Mammoth in April (more storms are headin' that way!) and possibly VickiK, and hopefully get another day in locally with Mary. :D Good times, and I sure need it while I'm on my own for awhile!

:grouphug:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I Anyone who can get up to Mammoth soon should definitely do so. I had my best day of the year today, about 8" of powder on top of a nice soft base from the last storm.

The next few days should be really good.

IMG_20120328_145112.jpg

IMG_20120328_142546.jpg

Sorry for the low quality phone pics - when I left the condo this morning it seemed too blustery to bring a camera. Also, I waited to take those photos when someone was skiing down, then got cold, took the picture, put the phone away. Each time, several people came down just as I was no longer ready to take a picture. Oh well, tomorrow I'll ski with the camera.

Tomorrow should be a beautiful day.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh I am SO jealous!! How is the wind? Did you get to take out the new K2's finally? Please tell the mountain Gods to keep those conditions for us in two weeks!!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Coverage definitely won't be an issue for us; now to keep the temps down and have some fresh snow WHILE we are there!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
There is no fresh snow in Keystone. There's plenty of spring slush to aggravate my bad knee.

The North facing slopes are pretty decent, but unfortunately you have to ski a couple of south facing slopes which I did not enjoy today. Tomorrow we'll start earlier.

I wish I were spending this time at Mammoth. Have fun ladies.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Colorado has it way worse than the Sierra this year. I'm sorry you won't be at Mammoth with us! Be safe out there and take care of that knee!!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Isn't anyone going to be at Mammoth on or after April 18?

I need some Divas to help me go out with a BANG!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna