• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. island girl

Where do you have a season pass (10/11)?

season's pass Hi everyone. I am going to miss the ski season, if you can possibly imagine that. My husband and I are heading to Asia, starting in Tibet, then Nepal, India, Thailand and Bali and back home, exhausted and broke in 3 to 6 months. We leave this Wednesday, Oct 13th. :yahoo: Have...
  2. island girl

TR: The Haute Route, Chamonix to Zermatt

Wow, I am blown away and so very impressed. You are amazing. I have skiied in the Alps but not sure I have the guts to do this route. I have done lots of climbing and tons of Alpine skiing so maybe I am up for it. I am definately going to go and buy those touring boots this season. You are...
  3. island girl

Song Title Game

Let the Cowboy dance "Michael Martin Murphey":dance:
  4. island girl

Off season trips?

We are heading to Cuba next week. In July we are kayaking for week in the southern gulf islands and then August 15th, we are jumping in our Eurovan for 3 months and heading south to backpack, hike, climb and bike. We are meeting up with a group of friends to bike the White Rim Trail in Moab...
  5. island girl

Is your ski season over????? ('08/'09)

Our ski season ended last weekend, boo hoo. We had a low snow year at Mt. Washington. By the time April rolls around, islanders are thinking of sailing, kayaking and golf; so our mountain closes. Sadly, my skis are put away until December. I envy you divas who are still skiing.:drool:
  6. island girl

Food that makes you feel GREAT!

Nancy's yogurt with fresh fruit and granola for breaky - yum!! A great way to start the day.
  7. island girl

Nice weather if you're a duck...

Our Mount Washington has been suffering this year too - no precipitation. No rain on the coast, very strange. All storms seem to blow right past us. It is a real drag as I have new skis that I have not taken up because of all the rocks, stumps and trees sticking out of the snow. We normally...
  8. island girl

Ski area count.

I am going to add the following mountains to my list this March: Squaw, Northstar & Alpine in California - I can't wait! Does anyone have any recommendations? What I can remember so far: Europe: ValDesere, Cervinia, Zermatt USA: Breckenridge, Vail, Copper, Mt. Baker, Sun Valley...
  9. island girl

Do you lock your skis?

It kinda depends where I am skiing. I generally use my ski key but have been lazy about it because my skis are older. However, I just purchased new Attiva Fuego skis so will most definately be locking them or at the very least, separating them. At my home mountain, there does not seem to be a...
  10. island girl

Winter Fitness

running, weights and flow yoga. I tend to do lots of running during my lunch break while it is light. If I miss the lunch run, I run with a headlamp around the local golf course. It is better than nothing!
  11. island girl

Look what I got from TheSkiDiva.com Store!

Jilly, did you have any problems with it coming across the border into Canada?
  12. island girl

When DID you start skiing this season?

I am so envious of all you divas who are already on skis. My Mount Washington still has grass! Whaaa. Still waiting for the white stuff....
  13. island girl

Vancouver Olympics 2010 - Best ski events to watch?

Christy, I meant to say volunteering at the World Cup Race during the Olympics. You are right, Whistler is not getting a world cup this year (darn). Lake Louise will be the closest.
  14. island girl

Vancouver Olympics 2010 - Best ski events to watch?

Tsukata - I think Christy pretty much answered all your questions much as I would have. I will be volunteering at the world cup events at Whistler this year and to be honest, we don't even know where we will be sleeping yet! I think first and foremost, you will have to secure tickets and then...
  15. island girl

Whitewater?

ABC - glad to hear that you have been the the Broken Group and Telegraph Cove. These are a couple of my favorite spots too. The sea life in both of those areas is remarkable. I especially love the indigo colored bat stars that inhabit the Broken Group. Very exotic! We have no shortage of...
  16. island girl

Whitewater?

Have any of you divas ocean kayaked? I live on the East Coast of Vancouver Island with plenty of ocean to get out and play in. I have a single kevlar ocean kayak that fits me perfectly. Ocean kayaks are sleek and long 18 or 19 feet. We get out as often as we can, but the most fun is planning...
  17. island girl

When do you think you'll start skiing this year?

My mountain usually opens the first week of December, but last year it was the last week of November, so we have our fingers crossed for another early season. All I have to do is tighten my bindings and scrape the wax off and I am ready to go. Isn't it interesting, just as soon as fall is in...
  18. island girl

Icon

Purple, my favorite color. Thanks Wendy!
  19. island girl

Our Little Ski Diva in training has arrived! :D

Snowmiser, that is some grand entrance. Way to to Carly Rae - welcome. Thanks for sharing with us.
  20. island girl

July's done!

:wink:Jilly you are right, it is BC Day - silly me. Even if it is raining, I am going to have Fun!