• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Nice weather if you're a duck...

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm certainly not freaking out! :wink: I know how the conditions here can change on a dime. Plus, the wet snow is actually good for us every once in a while...bonds well with the stuff below it, and reduces avalanche hazards. Now, we just need a little powder on top, and conditions will be dang near perfect!
Oh, I know you're not but our non-Coloradoans might need a bit of encouragement. :D

GimpyGal

Certified Ski Diva
Weathercaster just said it's cooling off and up to a foot of new on Friday. The good stuff is heading your way Colorado!

Jenny

Angel Diva
I hope it doesn't get there until AFTER we drive from Denver to Frisco! Then . . . let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Let's see. A week without any responsibilities to my family or clients, hanging with new and old friends, skiing, enjoying beautiful Colorado. No matter WHAT the weather is, it's going to be great.

Besides, being from the East Coast, I've become accustomed to skiing in so many different snow conditions that I'm up for whatever Colorado will throw my way next week.

My experience with big mountain weather is that it can change very quickly, even in the middle of the day, so I try to be prepared for just about everything, from scorching sun to white out cold conditions.

I'm doing my "trip laundry" now that I'm done skiing until Sunday, and starting to make piles to pack. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My experience with big mountain weather is that it can change very quickly, even in the middle of the day, so I try to be prepared for just about everything, from scorching sun to white out cold conditions.

I was DYING today it was so bloody warm up there...a number of people were skiing it t-shirts, and I wished I was one of them. Even in my lightest weight Icebreaker and lightest shell, a bikini would have been just about appropriate. :wink:

mollmeister

Angel Diva
I'm certainly not freaking out! :wink: I know how the conditions here can change on a dime. Plus, the wet snow is actually good for us every once in a while...bonds well with the stuff below it, and reduces avalanche hazards. Now, we just need a little powder on top, and conditions will be dang near perfect!

SO true. I am going to do the snow dance this week. :laugh:

mollmeister

Angel Diva
I was DYING today it was so bloody warm up there...a number of people were skiing it t-shirts, and I wished I was one of them. Even in my lightest weight Icebreaker and lightest shell, a bikini would have been just about appropriate. :wink:

Wasn't it CRAZY warm today? Down here in the flatlands it was almost 70F. That makes for a toasty day in February, even in the high country!

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wasn't it CRAZY warm today? Down here in the flatlands it was almost 70F. That makes for a toasty day in February, even in the high country!

It was 70 down here where I live, too. I got to ride my motorcycle to work.

And I saw a ROBIN while at work! I told him to go away, it wasn't time yet! :mad:

:laugh:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was 70 down here where I live, too. I got to ride my motorcycle to work.

And I saw a ROBIN while at work! I told him to go away, it wasn't time yet! :mad:

:laugh:
I have a love/hate relationship with Robins. Tend to like them as an animal for obvious reasons :wink: but they mean spring is coming which is the sad part. It's way too early for them yet!

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Weathercaster just said it's cooling off and up to a foot of new on Friday. The good stuff is heading your way Colorado!

God, I hope so. Our snowpack has totally come off the rails. Since when did spring start in Feb?? Ugh.

I know I need to be patient, because March is usually one of our better snow months, but after the last few epic weeks we've had, this weather is a total slap in the face!

island girl

Certified Ski Diva
Our Mount Washington has been suffering this year too - no precipitation. No rain on the coast, very strange. All storms seem to blow right past us. It is a real drag as I have new skis that I have not taken up because of all the rocks, stumps and trees sticking out of the snow. We normally have 5 or 6 meters of snow by now; however, we only have 120 cm! Arg... I am heading to Squaw and Heavenly in March and am really hoping to try my new skiis:yahoo:

Beli_Grrl

Certified Ski Diva
I *was* going to go to Alpine and Sugar Bowl this weekend

oh dear. Quack quack. You must be getting the same storm that has swept through Northern California. Pouring at Squaw Valley yesterday, and the drive home was miserable. Wipers on high all the way back to the Bay. All my son and I could think of was how deep the powder would be if it had been a cold storm.

Jen

My husband was at Kirkwood Monday, whose website boasted of snow all the way to the bottom, but said the conditions were miserable. He said that for the first time since we've been skiing Tahoe for 6 years now he knows what people are talking about when they say "Sierra Cement." He said it was no fun at all.

We were supposed to go this weekend and I was really looking forward to it. I had to get my Saturday aerobics classes subbed and had already made arrangements for the dog and everything. But it looks like this same system is making for the same crappy conditions. Husband definitely does not want to go. He says it's a huge waste. He says we can go if I insist but he really thinks we should find an indoor activity.

Any thoughts from the Diva community?

Cheers,

Belinda

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Indoor activity?????????:eek:

Snowshoe w/ an outdoor picnic!

mollmeister

Angel Diva
I had some very, very good times in Sierra Cement at Kirkwood, thank you very much.
:D

As far as I am concerned, Krikwood is good in any and all conditions. If he's not happy with the alpine skiing, they have SPECTACULAR nordic/snowshoeing facilities. Get outside!

Beli_Grrl

Certified Ski Diva
OK, OK! We won't stay indoors!

Thanks, Divas, for reminding me of my priorities. We're going to Yosemite!!! We're going to try for some snowshoeing tomorrow. It's only supposed to be partly cloudy Saturday with the rain coming in Saturday night and Sunday. We've never seen Yosemite in winter. Always meant to. Now we're going to do it. Even if it's less than perfect weather, who cares, it's Yosemite. We're going to bring rain gear and not care if we get soaked. And everywhere there but the Awanhee had good lodging deals.

I am VERY excited!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga