• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

When you fall, does HE help?

Does your man assist or does he leave you to your own capabilities

• Significant Other Stops to help

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Significant Other Dusts you as he skis past you

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Significant Other Stops to help but only if you are noticably in need

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Significant other is Base Lodge Dad while you Ski

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My husband usually laughs at me because my falls are pretty funny. My kids are usually very concerned and try to help which turns into a big tangle of legs and skis and poles.
But does he yell out scores, and/or snow spray you as he goes by?
:fear:

cwmscm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
He just hasn't thought of a point system or snow spray yet. Skiing with my brother is worse because he doesn't help when I fall and then he talks about how bad I looked and how long it took for me to get up for about a year.

Mr. NVG has kicked off his skis faster than I know what happened! He's always there to help. He's a light hearted guy! :love:

Jenny

Angel Diva
When we're skiing together, and assuming he hasn't already flown by me, he'll stop to see if I need help. And I do the same for him. But he doesn't usually fall.

The last time he had a particularly spectacular one was a few years ago, and he was trying to avoid hitting me. He came over a ridge and there I was. I'd gotten enough better that I was able to make a quick turn to get out of his way, but he still ended up skittering along the edge of the "cliff" (in his telling of the story) before he lost it over the edge. Once I determined he was OK, I made him stay there all covered with snow until I could take his picture.

And anyone who wants to carry my stuff can! Most times we take our own, but sometimes he'll take the skis and I'll take the poles.

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The last time I fell, I really needed his help to get up. It was in knee deep snow so I was literally buried in it, and couldn't get up without assistance, I was floundering around like a beached whale. First he got impatient about how long it was taking for me to unclick one ski so I could get some leverage, unbury myself, pack down snow so I could stand up without sinking up to my armpits again.... etc. All the while other people were eating up the powder. Then he got very huffy about the fact that I had 'ruined' the whole stash, which was true, I did make a huge hole. Uncharacteristic behaviour, but that is what an epic powder day will do to a caring husband!!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
but that is what an epic powder day will do to a caring husband!!
You have a caring husband? What's that?
:ROTF:
I can picture it!
Even my buddies stood around and took pictures when I fell in the deep-ish powder at Breck.
I'm surprised he stop laughing long enough to take the pic.
CenCoBounce08phaze2035.jpg

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The last time I fell, I really needed his help to get up. It was in knee deep snow so I was literally buried in it, and couldn't get up without assistance, I was floundering around like a beached whale. First he got impatient about how long it was taking for me to unclick one ski so I could get some leverage, unbury myself, pack down snow so I could stand up without sinking up to my armpits again.... etc. All the while other people were eating up the powder. Then he got very huffy about the fact that I had 'ruined' the whole stash, which was true, I did make a huge hole. Uncharacteristic behaviour, but that is what an epic powder day will do to a caring husband!!

Well mine wasn't quite in a huff but I'm sure he was displeased by how long it took me to reassemble myself during one of the worst falls I did in the deepDEEPdeep powder at Loveland earlier this month. He amused himself by taking pictures of me from a distance until his fingers got cold!:eek:

That was the worst. I was too tangled to try to get up w/o popping off a ski so I do that, then I need to get upright to put said ski on. Just standing up at all was a challenge. Had to get balanced from a squat on one ski - using crossed poles as a platform to have my arms give me some leverage because anytime I push down on the snow with anything w/less surface area I just sink and sink and sink. At one point with my foot (ski-less) I sunk past my hip. For a minute there I just wanted to cry that I was never gonna get up and would be stuck until it melted. Well I didn't give up and eventually got myself balanced and back into my ski. But boy did that suck!:mad:

O

OnAPlank

he usually dusts me as he skis past, then laughs at me when I catch up to him at the bottom!

robynb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Seems like this past year I was the one picking up his stuff after he blew out of his bindings several times. :fear: He skiis down....blows out of his bindings...I pick up his ski....How about when he falls, do you help?????

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
True Story:
This winter Bumpfreaq came north to ski with us a few times. He's truly a great bumper. One of our friends, who is known for his tenacity and ability to ski any terrain and will never pass up a chance to ski bumps, was blown away by Bfq's skill and smoothness, so he said, "let me follow you and see if I can match you move for move"
Bfq was smooth (even on the bullet proof volkswagons on Gorge), Craig tried to follow but after the FIRST turn, he flipped around backwards, and slid down, feet with skis in the air, helmet bouncing off each bump and trough as he went over them. He didn't stop until he reached the flat.
Me and a few of our group was watching and laughing so hard, that people getting off the chair lift said they could hear us from half way up the hill and were hoping they could see what all the fun was.

Does this make us mean?

katitarae

Diva in Training
Hubby put my boots on and took them off, and offered everytime to carry my skis - when I was pregnant. :humble:

This is not the norm. He will stop and laugh after its confirmed that it was no biggie. He will def. call out wipeout scores!

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As it's my gear I carry it and I don't mind. My bf never carried my skis, boots or poles. But of course he would do it if there would be any reason that I couldn't do it on my own. And it's needless to say, that it's the other way round. I had to make this expereince once. It was October 2005 when we went to the Hintertuxer glacier and my bf ripped his MCL on the first descent. He couldn't go up with the t-bar so we had to walk. And damn, it was really hard. I had to my snowboard and his skis, it seems that it was getting heavier with every step, sun was shining on 3000. and we walked a really steep pist up to the gondola. But what was much more worse was the fact, that he was injured. So I had to be strong :smile:

If I fall down (mostly he is in front), he will look at me, waiting for a sign if I'm okay and get up by myself.

run2run

Diva in Training
Like the new doo, Ski Diva!
I loved the ski pole in the butt....our family, powderhound(8 yr old daughter) SH and I are pretty competitive and have been known to spray alot, blow past a slower kin and verbally na-na, but when it comes to a serious wipe-out or another skiier down on the hill it is all business and honest help. I have blown a knee and learned that ski patrol are very worthy of their creds!! My husband watched in awe as they handled the situation medically and professionally.

stef

Certified Ski Diva
He may have to dust me first, but he always stops to be sure I'm OK. He will also carry the skis for both me and my son, we carry boots, bags and poles, but it works out great. I would stop to be sure he's OK, but I've only seen him fall during races, and I think he would kill me if I showed up there to "help".

Monkeygirl

Certified Ski Diva
My sweetie used to patrol so he is all business making sure I'm not hurt. After more than 20 years I've finally broken him of trying to carry my skis (most of the time). He's truly the perfect ski spouse, sticking with me on the greens and nurturing my skills until we could do double blacks together.

PNWSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
With us usually it is the other way around. My husband snowboards and will fall when trying to do something stupid (which seems to be often). I'm always right there laughing at him! I do make sure that he is ok first..usually. If I fall he will stop and help so I guess he is nicer than I am.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna