• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

When you fall, does HE help?

Does your man assist or does he leave you to your own capabilities

• Significant Other Stops to help

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Significant Other Dusts you as he skis past you

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Significant Other Stops to help but only if you are noticably in need

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Significant other is Base Lodge Dad while you Ski

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
my guy is usually so excited to be out there(me too) for the first run that I am lost in his dust (all the while I hear this faint "hurry up, pokey")until I catch up with him at the line for the chair or tram:yahoo:. but then I have to wait for him to strap in the board, so it all works out in the end.:faint: he wouldn't dream of touching my equipment, I'm too independent for that (unless I ask). as for falling, well here we go again, he's on a board so on the ground a lot, and I let him go ahead of me(cuz I love to watch him:love:), so if he does fall, i can give him a little dusting:eyebrows:If I fall(which is very rare), he wonders what I did wrong, so he'll stop to make sure I'm okay, but rarely get the helping hand. Overall, I appreciate the independence he gives me, its a challenge, to push myself even more, especially in the powder. but if seriously injured, I would get the full red carpet compassion treatment, and patrol would be enroute. Both of us have helped others with falling, and losing of equipment, even if its just a hat--very important. what comes around goes around--good karma:smile::thumbsup:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What's with all these divas with boarding men?
I think its awesome that we have diverse ways to enjoy the sport together.
Topic for another thread.

lovebug

Certified Ski Diva
We each carry our own stuff. Personally, im not big on letting anyone else carry my stuff ever. And now that i got the gear down just right, its not to hard ...

As far as stopping when falling ... Im independent (stubborn) and I like to do things my own way. That generally means that I am working technique and going too slow for the hubby. He always waits at the bottom of the hill for me. "If im not there in 15 minutes ..." is our mantra. If either of us takes a spill, the other one makes sure that there is some laughing going on and at times has had to come to the aid of the fallen who is laughing so hard they cant get up. "Almost" wipeouts are almost always seen somehow though and classified as "I saw that!"

We are alot like that when hiking too. Im generally 10 minutes behind, but he'll always wait at the scarey parts for me (Cannon mountain in the Whites while raining!) and make sure that I am not getting myself ti worked up. When i really got hurt, he stayed with me the entire way down to the lodge (Boot Spur off Mt. Washington)

We will both ALWAYS stop if we see someone else injured.

amanda

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My BF is usually out in front, but if he's sees that I've fallen he waits until I get up and skiing again.
I carry my own gear, because it is mine. Although last season I had some neck problems that made carrying my skis over my shoulder really painful, and he carried them for me a few times when it just hurt too much.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Hubby used to carry my skis, and will still do so for part of the walk if he sees that I am getting tired or lagging behind.

If he is behind me when I fall (not too often) he will stop and see if I need help. When I broke my leg 2 years ago, he walked up about 50 yards to assist me. When I broke my ankle, he was too far away and had no idea what was going on, but as soon as he saw my face and the way I was moving he knew I wasn't OK. I wouldn't tell him that I had broken it until I needed his help in very gently removing the boot back at the condo.

He's a VERY great guy. :snow: :clap: :snow:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna