• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What's your commute time?

slipnslide

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Slipnslide - that would be of interest.
I got into a ski club this year, but the novelty of shared bathrooms and bunkbeds might wear thin. Good for this year to meet up with people and find fellow skiers, but in future seasons I might be interested in coming in on an arrangement.

My shortest drive is about 1.5 hours, longer to Vail etc. But in my experience - that's nothing! It regularly took 4-5 hours from South CT to Killington, and prior to that, up to 24 hours and a shed load of money to get from the UK to a ski resort (mind you, you make sure you choose wisely when you spend that amount of money, so I've skied in some great places).

PM me when you plan to be in my neighborhood there and let's ski together!

BTW...I was at the apt today and got out just before the snow forced me to stay the rest of the week...Oh yeah, that would have been sooo terrible...what with all that fresh SNOW...argggh!:snow:

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That would have been a tough break! :laugh:

I will for sure be in contact about skiing. I have a plan to meet as many Divas as possible this season, I'd like to meet most of the locals before we even get to the summit - but then .... oh boy, is that going to be a blast.

The hard bit will be recognising each other, we each seem to have enough ski jackets to be in a different colour every day.

Oh yeah and I forgot that my nearest skiing is 25 miles away - how could I forget a whole ski area? I must be spoiled.

slipnslide

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski Diva is offering Ski Diva stickers. I think they will be to big for a helmet, but maybe I will place it on the car...not sure.

I guess we'll have to describe ourselves in the threads, or better yet, the jacket we plan to wear.

Consuela

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On a good day, leaving at noon with no rain/snow, 3 1/2 hours to condo. But, usually 4 - 4 1/2. From there, take the elevator down to snow level and then it's a 50 ft skate to the closest lift.

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmmmm. Right now? 20 minutes. In the snow with lots of cars on the road? No more than 45. =)

lovebug

Certified Ski Diva
I ski at Blue Mt. in PA. Its a pimple by all rights, but still the home hill. (it looks tiny on the Ski Patrol show!!) Home to skis on at the hill is 45 minutes. Cant beat that.... We go to Elk a few times to - about 3 hours for us. Its a long day, so we try and make it a weekend when we go.

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
Aspen - 10 minutes.
Highlands - 6 minutes.
Snowmass - 7 minutes.

All depends which one looks nicest out my window.

:duck:Sorry.

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Aspen - 10 minutes.
Highlands - 6 minutes.
Snowmass - 7 minutes.

All depends which one looks nicest out my window.

:duck:Sorry.

:caked:

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Depends on your helmet. The stickers are 2" x 3-3/4".

I was just trying to place one on my helmet, the only good spot is exactly where the goggle strap would go over afterward. I wear the Giros with the dimples so not much clear surface area. I'm still trying to figure out where to put one.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I was just trying to place one on my helmet, the only good spot is exactly where the goggle strap would go over afterward. I wear the Giros with the dimples so not much clear surface area. I'm still trying to figure out where to put one.

Mine's on my skis!!! It's a good conversation starter, when you're on the lift. (People often ask about it.)

veggielasagna

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Seven minutes to the double chair and five to the triple...(West Mtn.) Gore is 45 minutes...40 if no one else is on the road : )
Whiteface and others @ 1:30.

-veggielasagna

leenski

Certified Ski Diva
It's 32 miles from my door to Mt. Snow. It's less than an hour. I take the back roads and drive slow. I like to enjoy the scenery (and annoy the drivers from CT who wanted to be there 3 hours ago!)

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's 32 miles from my door to Mt. Snow. It's less than an hour. I take the back roads and drive slow. I like to enjoy the scenery (and annoy the drivers from CT who wanted to be there 3 hours ago!)
Oh, so that was you?

:wink:

Just kidding. I've only been to Snow twice.

leenski

Certified Ski Diva
Oh, so that was you?

:wink:

Just kidding. I've only been to Snow twice.

Well if you can get out during the week, you can catch a ride with me in Greenfield. We can up that to a lot more than twice! And don't worry, I bet if you wear your helmet and goggles on the ride, no one will even know your from CT! Really, we need a Diva Day at Mount Snow!

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fifteen miles as the crow flies. But how long/short those 15 miles are depends on:

-time of year and time of day
-road conditions and snowfall amount the night before
-weekday or holiday
-canyon congestion
-how many crazy drivers have run off the road and closed the canyon

So, those 15 miles are so close, but on some days, so far far away....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna