• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What's your commute time?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Saw this on AZ, and since we're virtually international here, I thought it would be interesting to see what your commute time/miles is to wherever you ski most frequently/regularly (and beyond, if you choose)----recognizing that for urban dwellers, it's often more a matter of time than miles.

Some of us (Ski Diva!!) have our home mountain practically in our backyards. (not altogether speaking for myself here - darn - though I'm closer than some are)

Long drive for many others.

What's yours?

Jilly

Staff member
Well home to the condo is 4 1/2 hours, but after that - 5 minute walk! I love living right on the mountain. Park the car and don't worry about it.

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
1 hr 45 give or take

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My home mountain is 14 miles and about 30 minutes drive away. There is a closer mountain (Mohawk at 12 miles) but DH doesn't like it as much so we rarely go there.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
With no traffic, I can be at Keystone in a little over an hour, but it's typically closer to an hour and a half. I think my record was about an hour and a half to Vail, but I'm pretty sure I was driving WAY too fast. :p

sbskier

Certified Ski Diva
My home mountain is Sugarbush. My commute takes about 15 minutes. I consider myself pretty lucky.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Home Mt, Mt. Spokane. 33 miles, 50 minutes. For a big mountion we have to go a little farther, but it's great to go ski 1/2 a day, catch the powder and then go to work after lunch.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm about 75-90 minutes away from my most frequent commute (Copper Mountain) from home but about 30 minutes from the Eagle-Vail house. Others vary by around 15 minutes depending on where I'm coming from.

SkiMave

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My commute is about 2 hours for 720 vertical feet. Next best thing is Mont Tremblant and that's about 8 hours away.

That's why we always book 2 or 3 ski trips a year somewhere far from here! Expensive, but worth every penny.

Oh yeah, there is a 'hill' about 25 minutes away but that's only about 72 vertical feet. Just not worth it.........life in the big city......

You mountain gals are sooooo lucky......

40 minutes to my local mountain, Berkshire East, 1100 vert.

1 hr. 40 minutes to Stratton or Okemo in Southern VT.

3 hours to Stowe, 3 1/2 to Smuggler's Notch, both in Northern VT.

1 hour to the Springfield/Hartford Airport. :becky:

SouthernSkier

Certified Ski Diva
About 3 hours, which can get me to any of 6 different mountains in three states (North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia).

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
An hour fifteenish to Wilmot, ~200 vertical.

3 hours to Cascade, ~400 vertical.

skimomma24

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
To the hill I will be teaching at this year, is approximately 35 minute drive. Not too bad. Most hills around me are under an hour. But Tremblant is 2.5-3hrs.

tdamon

Diva in Training
5 minutes to Aspen Mtn. I consider myself EXTREMELY lucky. I can see the gondola from my apt! Though, 20 years of my life I lived 1-2 hours from the closest mountain in NH/ME. So, I understand the commute.

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
50 mins to the closest, but 90 mins to the one I use the most. Wish I had a condo on the mountains so I could walk to the ski resort. Maybe later...

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
First of all, timing is all about the weather & road conditions. My time can be doubled or more on bad weather days (and yes, it is still worth it!)

Loveland 45 minutes
Copper 75minutes
Vail 90 minutes

Again, this is on clear roads, good weather & no traffic!

HotChocolate

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
To PA for me it can be up to 1 hour 30 minutes depending on traffic and conditions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna