• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What are you doing to stay in shape?

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can you hopscotch with the agility ladder? You'd need to get a lucky lager for carpet, I guess.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I wish for all those of you who are worried about this coming winter and want to get the most out of the season, to seize the day and no matter how little, get a jump start on winter ski fitness.
Indeed! I definitely feel like just taking that first step to doing "something" helps breed more movement as you go along.

Glad you found a space you are happy going to again! I am on the other end of the spectrum where I'll get way more done if I don't have to go drive to the gym. I love the large selection of virtual classes available now.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So between reducing alcohol intake and upping physical activity, I've lost 8kg since March (slow and steady but still good), would like to ditch another 8-10. Started upping my running...

and sprained/tore my MCL.

Seeing physio tomorrow, it's tender to the touch and hurts going down stairs; I don't think it's a bad one based on Dr Google but I'll let her make the call on what to do about it. Still, paranoid that it's going to bugger up France for me. Just for reassurance - has anyone had to ski in a brace because of their knees? Does it make a difference?

Jilly

Staff member
Starting today, winter training for next summer's dragon boat season. Last on water was yesterday and today was the Paddling ergometer. I'll take the boat anyday.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So between reducing alcohol intake and upping physical activity, I've lost 8kg since March (slow and steady but still good), would like to ditch another 8-10. Started upping my running...

and sprained/tore my MCL.

Seeing physio tomorrow, it's tender to the touch and hurts going down stairs; I don't think it's a bad one based on Dr Google but I'll let her make the call on what to do about it. Still, paranoid that it's going to bugger up France for me. Just for reassurance - has anyone had to ski in a brace because of their knees? Does it make a difference?
What a bummer !!!
I tore my MCL a few years back, it healed on its own along with physio and hasnt given me any grief since so fingers crossed for you.
I've never skied in a a brace but plenty of friends do and they dont seem to have any issues.
Let us know how you get on as along with my broken left leg I've also done some damage to my right knee, not sure what yet but I'm having an MRI next week to find out so I'll probably be skiing in a brace or maybe two next season :injured:

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What a bummer !!!
I tore my MCL a few years back, it healed on its own along with physio and hasnt given me any grief since so fingers crossed for you.
I've never skied in a a brace but plenty of friends do and they dont seem to have any issues.
Let us know how you get on as along with my broken left leg I've also done some damage to my right knee, not sure what yet but I'm having an MRI next week to find out so I'll probably be skiing in a brace or maybe two next season :injured:
The good news is the physio doesn't think it's anything too serious and it should heal spontaneously like yours did! Have some exercises to keep up with for the next few weeks. it's just annoying that I was just getting my fitness levels back up.

Hope your knee is nothing bad; joints seem to be in conspiracy against us - do you remember the good old days when everything functioned and nothing hurt? Ah, the flowers of youth...

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I sprained my MCL in 2011. Physical therapy and time got me back to doing everything as before, but it remains a weak spot that's prone to aches and stiffness.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
082E7F47-5AD6-4C1F-A4BD-19DAB3554D6C.jpeg
In addition to spin I have been lifting, just set this up for myself, thanks to prime day. Feeling pretty proud of myself to have put this together myself. Unfortunately I don’t recommend the rack or the bar cushion, but I do recommend the bar the weights and the clips. Mat is okay! 5x5 will hopefully become a daily thing soon!

I also went to Bolton babe force get ready for ski season workout last night and here’s what we did:
We did:
- single leg deadlifts for form, then added free weights
- calf raises with bent knees for all reps
- Wall sits
- Planks, side planks, hands to forearms and back again (reps), reverse planks
- Rows, negative rows
- Spider man crawl (knees to elbows)
- Sliding lunge on a towel with free weights (using core to lunge and come back)
- Weighted deadlifts
- lateral jump to single leg landing (using core to stabilize)
- Hip rotation work
- Ski squats, weighted

I think there was more but I’m not remembering. Lots on mobility. Join us on Wednesday!

C75C9F48-39C5-4BD2-B7AD-9BBDA40EA96F.jpegF6FA9E67-2D7A-4E2B-977E-3DD55970027F.jpeg

Jilly

Staff member
You'll love that cushion when you start chest presses with heavy weight. One of the tests I have to do is press 1/2 body weight. So far we're up to 55lbs I think. There is talk of the Sr. C's only needing to do 40%. Then I'm closer already. Testing is December.

My trainer is big on body weight. So lots of TRX and the Body Slide bench.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
You'll love that cushion when you start chest presses with heavy weight. One of the tests I have to do is press 1/2 body weight. So far we're up to 55lbs I think. There is talk of the Sr. C's only needing to do 40%. Then I'm closer already. Testing is December.

My trainer is big on body weight. So lots of TRX and the Body Slide bench.
I don’t have a bench yet but I am not sure that I will do chest presses! Right now it’s dead lifts, weighted squats and weighted lunges. TRX is great. I don’t have anything yet from the ceiling! I will have to google body slide bench as I’m not familiar!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna