• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What are you doing to stay in shape?

Soujan

Angel Diva
In addition to spin I have been lifting, just set this up for myself, thanks to prime day. Feeling pretty proud of myself to have put this together myself. Unfortunately I don’t recommend the rack or the bar cushion, but I do recommend the bar the weights and the clips. Mat is okay! 5x5 will hopefully become a daily thing soon!

View attachment 19417
Ditch the pad. If you're holding the bar in the correct position, you don't need the pad. Your neck shouldn't be hurting.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Ooooh I’ll try to get my act together to go to Babe force on Wednesday! If not, then the next week!

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

10/26 is next followed by I think 11/4, 5:30-6:30. In a lower lounge that faces the sunset over the mountains. Beautiful setting and fun group of women :thumbsup:

Just seeing this now. I don't think I can go- have a meeting scheduled this Wed and likely something Fri 11/4 too. But it sounds so cool!

knolan12

Angel Diva
I just signed up for the Ski Prep Challenge which is run by Hannah Kearney, am Olympic skier. She's now a personal trainer. The program includes 3 live zoom classes/week (with recordings in case you can't make the time), a Facebook group for the folks participating, and additional schedule for cardio, etc.

I've done like one set of leg blasters and figure I might need more accountability this year or at least something more engaging haha Last day to sign up is tomorrow if you're interested!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just signed up for the Ski Prep Challenge which is run by Hannah Kearney
Thanks for sharing, @knolan12 . I'm not a gym member; I have equipment and plenty of video workout programs, but working out solo in my garage or house gets a little dull sometimes. The live Zoom sessions at 7:30 am mountain time (= 6:30am PST for me) will require a commitment for sure!

Speaking of doing something different, I participated in an Zoom Friday afternoon dance party yesterday. It was weird but fun, and the DJ was playing great tunage. Looks like the next one is in December: https://seniorplanet.org/event/friday-afternoon-dance-party-10/

MissySki

Angel Diva
This time of year my trainer moves to more Bosu work and weight lifting for my ski prep. I love it. Although she’s a trainer for a NCAA football team, our gym is owned by retired NFL players who ski! Even they get into our workouts!
That sounds awesome!! Are the classes available online for ski prep at all?

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That sounds awesome!! Are the classes available online for ski prep at all?
No classes are online, but I sent my trainer the series of YouTube videos of Lindsey Vonn with her trainer Alex Bunt years ago and those laid the foundation for my workouts. In addition to these basic drill like exercises, we do considerable work including weighted squats on the Bosu this time of year. Added in will be traditional weight work for arms, sled push/pull, rope slams, one leg med ball slams and lots of squats on an amazing machine called The Bear Squat. We always incorporate rowing, cycling or VersaClimber too. I also think CrossFit is super for ski prep.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This time of year my trainer moves to more Bosu work and weight lifting for my ski prep. I love it. Although she’s a trainer for a NCAA football team, our gym is owned by retired NFL players who ski! Even they get into our workouts!

My favorite gym back in the day (grad school) was owned by pro wrestlers! They were a hoot.

Jenired

Angel Diva
Peloton and leg blasters. And here is my kids’ racing team dry land training schedule which I am also doing:

Warmup: jumping jacks, run in place, high knees, butt kickers.

Circuit:

1 minute jump squats

1 minute skater jumps

15 pistol squats each leg

20 lunges each leg

20 sumo squats

20 crunches

1 minute flutter kicks

1 minute plank

Repeat 3 times.

kiki

Angel Diva
I just signed up for the Ski Prep Challenge which is run by Hannah Kearney, am Olympic skier. She's now a personal trainer. The program includes 3 live zoom classes/week (with recordings in case you can't make the time), a Facebook group for the folks participating, and additional schedule for cardio, etc.

I've done like one set of leg blasters and figure I might need more accountability this year or at least something more engaging haha Last day to sign up is tomorrow if you're interested!
I debated that one but the price is so high in Canadian dollars!

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Peloton and leg blasters. And here is my kids’ racing team dry land training schedule which I am also doing:

Warmup: jumping jacks, run in place, high knees, butt kickers.

Circuit:

1 minute jump squats

1 minute skater jumps

15 pistol squats each leg

20 lunges each leg

20 sumo squats

20 crunches

1 minute flutter kicks

1 minute plank

Repeat 3 times.
I don't think I can do 15 pistol squats let alone repeat 3 times! I'd have to do a split squat after the first 3....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna