• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Vermont 19-20

newboots

Angel Diva
I’m skiing Okemo tomorrow (supposed to snow till 3, then questionable as to what sort of precipitation). Friday off, Saturday off, so I will have the legs for the WOW at Suicide Six. Only $149! Great fun last year.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
So, I’m not going to Stowe tomorrow. It’s not essential and not worth endangering myself and others. Here’s what I posted on Skiology:

Ugh. I implore all those who are driving to Vermont to ski. Don’t. My commute from Burlington to about 7 miles due north of Mad River Glen was atrocious. It was pouring freezing rain, and the frozen rain was visibly accumulating on the road as I drove. I made it home safely, but not without a bit of sliding while going 30 mph on 50mph road, and I drive an AWD vehicle with studded Hakapelittas.

For the sake of all the road crews and first responders who are going to have to deal with this storm. Please, stay off the roads tonight and tomorrow unless you have a compelling reason to be on them. Keep our EMS and road crew safe. Don’t be another car they have to worry about in the inevitable wrecks.

MissySki

Angel Diva
So, I’m not going to Stowe tomorrow. It’s not essential and not worth endangering myself and others. Here’s what I posted on Skiology:

Ugh. I implore all those who are driving to Vermont to ski. Don’t. My commute from Burlington to about 7 miles due north of Mad River Glen was atrocious. It was pouring freezing rain, and the frozen rain was visibly accumulating on the road as I drove. I made it home safely, but not without a bit of sliding while going 30 mph on 50mph road, and I drive an AWD vehicle with studded Hakapelittas.

For the sake of all the road crews and first responders who are going to have to deal with this storm. Please, stay off the roads tonight and tomorrow unless you have a compelling reason to be on them. Keep our EMS and road crew safe. Don’t be another car they have to worry about in the inevitable wrecks.

Wow that sounds exceptionally terrible, glad you made it home safely!!! I’m trying to decide when to head to Maine tomorrow afternoon/evening.. The way the forecast looks it’ll either be snow or nothing by the time I would be going because it seems that the totals have backed off for us versus Vermont, but we’ll see. There is a chance I’d wait until the wee hours of the morning Saturday to make the drive instead if things look treacherous.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Wow that sounds exceptionally terrible, glad you made it home safely!!! I’m trying to decide when to head to Maine tomorrow afternoon/evening.. The way the forecast looks it’ll either be snow or nothing by the time I would be going because it seems that the totals have backed off for us versus Vermont, but we’ll see. There is a chance I’d wait until the wee hours of the morning Saturday to make the drive instead if things look treacherous.

I totally realize that the precipitation mix will be different in Maine, but I encourage you to wait until the wee hours of the morning just to give the road crew mode time to deal with stuff :smile:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
How are things looking in Ludlow today? Did you get snow accumulations? Ice? Rain?

We started out with 5 to 6 inch of fresh snow -- which made the first few runs really great -- but around 10 it started to change over to sleet and then to freezing rain. Icing on my goggles made it difficult to see, and the snow got getting heavier and heavier the wetter it got. I quit skiing at 11:15.

As I'm writing this, there's some sort of freezing precipitation going on outside. Which doesn't bode well for tomorrow, but who knows.

Here's hoping for better things.

newboots

Angel Diva
I was surprised that things were so difficult at Okemo. I had a PT appointment early and planned to go up to ski, until @Abbi warned me. Just two towns away, it kept snowing here until noon or thereabouts.

Bummer. But I'm saving my legs for Sunday, the Women Only Workshop at Suicide Six.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a heads up: If anyone is figuring on driving in Vermont -- at least my part of it -- today, DON'T. I just went outside for a moment, and as soon as I did I heard a huge CRACK and the sound of a tree coming down in the forest. Everything is covered in a heavy sheet of ice, and I can only imagine how treacherous the roads might be. So please, DO. NOT. DRIVE, at least in the greater Ludlow/Plymouth area.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here's a heads up: If anyone is figuring on driving in Vermont -- at least my part of it -- today, DON'T. I just went outside for a moment, and as soon as I did I heard a huge CRACK and the sound of a tree coming down in the forest. Everything is covered in a heavy sheet of ice, and I can only imagine how treacherous the roads might be. So please, DO. NOT. DRIVE, at least in the greater Ludlow/Plymouth area.

Absolutely correct! I'm down in the Ludlow village and it's freezing rain on top of what cooled down overnight. No school here. Last night's tweets from Okemo Conditions said they might have trouble this morning. They had to close lifts for icing yesterday. Stay safe!

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
Absolutely correct! I'm down in the Ludlow village and it's freezing rain on top of what cooled down overnight. No school here. Last night's tweets from Okemo Conditions said they might have trouble this morning. They had to close lifts for icing yesterday. Stay safe!
Lucky me I will be safe in my office at work all day today ;-)
Hopefully things will be better tomorrow!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva

Thank you for getting the word out!!!!!

newboots

Angel Diva
Yes.

I’m by the fire, looking at this beautiful horror through the window.

SqueakySnow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's snowing like crazy now in Burlington. Tiny fluffy flakes but visibility is probably 1/8 mile or less. Early this morning there was definitely a layer of ice that came down for a brief time. Good day to stay inside if you can. The next couple of days look much better from a safe travel POV.

newboots

Angel Diva
We had freezing drizzle followed by sleet, but now it's snowing here, too, in the Okemo-Killington neighborhood! It's going to get super-cold Saturday night, not so bad Sunday, and then weirdly warm again (35ish) early next week. But more snow in the forecast.

:dancing:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna