• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Thanksgiving: In the kitchen or on the hill?

cinnabon

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was just checking out the Hunter Mt. website which led me to a video---it looked crowded. It's snowing like crazy at Killington right now, 12" in the past 24 hrs.
Hunter is always crowded - yuck, I can't stand that place.

Sooooo bummed I'm not at Killington right now - sounds like this is one of their better starts to the season. :(

altagirl

Staff member
Well, I didn't end up skiing - the conditions sounded pretty bad. My husband went up for a few hours though.

Someone ended up bringing a "shot ski" to the party last night though... which got plenty of use!

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I didn't end up skiing - the conditions sounded pretty bad. My husband went up for a few hours though.

Someone ended up bringing a "shot ski" to the party last night though... which got plenty of use!

not sure what a "shot ski" is but if you line 'em up on an old ski and do shots, sounds fun.

(we should start a thread, what do you do with old skis?)

altagirl

Staff member
not sure what a "shot ski" is but if you line 'em up on an old ski and do shots, sounds fun.

(we should start a thread, what do you do with old skis?)

Pretty much. Someone glued 4 shot glasses to an old ski so you all have to drink at once. Which gets a little interesting when you've got a 5' girl and 6'4" guy drinking at the same time... ;)

Anyway, needless to say, we had a great Thanksgiving party last night. The food turned out great, and people brought over some really amazing sides and desserts! And then my awesome friends helped pitch in with cleaning up, so basically all that's left are the few dishes that wouldn't fit in the dishwasher last night. (Thank God for paper plates and cups when you have 30-40 people over!)

Jilly

Staff member

Our's has holes for the shot glasses, I think its 6. Its an old K2. There is also a coat rack too.

altagirl, sounds like a great holiday. That's a lot of guests!

What was in the shot glasses? And Jilly, what do you put in the shot glasses?

Jilly

Staff member
Anything. I wasn't involved in the shots!! That belongs in that "what I won't drink again" thread!

altagirl

Staff member
altagirl, sounds like a great holiday. That's a lot of guests!

What was in the shot glasses? And Jilly, what do you put in the shot glasses?

It's kind of a pick your own poison sort of thing - but mostly whiskey or jagermeister...

Even with all those people I still have a ton of food - one of my friends pointed out that even when we have 40 people chowing down we're never going to run out since I cook enough for about 80. ;) Good thing we like thanksgiving leftovers! :smile:

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have no left overs either, I may just roast a turkey breast and do side dished just for the yummy aroma and dinner for a few nights! When I called my mom on T morning, she was describing what she was cooking and that the turkey had been in the oven for a few hours--that what I miss the most, the smell of roasting turkey, and of course "helping" my dad carve it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga