• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skiing on the cheap, '07-'08

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Bridger Bowl, Montana: $10. lift tickets this Friday (January 11). Fifty percent of the proceeds will benefit Montana State University's Bobcat Ski Team.

NannyMin

Banned
"It's a big claim: Catch a morning flight from almost anywhere and you can be on our slopes the same afternoon. The Park City Quick START (Ski Today and Ride Today) Vacation lets you convert your airline boarding pass into a same-day lift ticket to the Park City resort of your choice. It’s your chance to get a free same-day lift ticket at Park City Mountain Resort, Deer Valley Resort or The Canyons Resort.

You will need to bring the completed, required redemption voucher, along with your same-day boarding pass and out of state photo I.D., to the resort ticket window, to receive your same-day lift ticket. You’ll discover the best skiing and riding you’ve ever experienced, not to mention the most conveniently located resort town in the West. Park City is located just 35 short minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport. Promotional offer valid: Respective resort opening - 12/24/07, 1/2/08 - 2/14/08, and 3/24/08 - respective resort closing 2008."

Information quoted from www.parkcityinfo.com

abc

Banned
Just be careful of altitude.

I did that one year. Flight to Denver, skied A-basin at noon. Ended up with a king size headache before the lift even closes! :(

Never before, nor after, had I ever gotten sick on altitude.

I'm sure there're others who are not affected though. Or the program would have worked. :smile:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, if you are coming from a low altitude I can imagine that heading straight up to A-Basin (one of the highest altitude resorts in this area) and skiing would be near impossible without really hurting that day and possibly the next. For those of us that live at 5280 ft already we don't have to worry too much. Too bad I don't have the funds to fly to Utah these days.

abc

Banned
For those of us that live at 5280 ft already we don't have to worry too much. Too bad I don't have the funds to fly to Utah these days.

Exactly, when you live at 5000', you don't need to go to Utah!

snowgem

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
was this listed? I have to get off this site (am hooked) but came across the following while researching something else!

https://www.okemo.com/okemowinter/ratesandrentals/specialdeals/stealsanddeals.asp

Select Tuesdays - ladies day at Okemo - $39
December 4, 11, 18
January 8, 15, 22, 29
March 4, 11, 18 and 25

also VT and NH wonderful Wednesdays
Dec 5, 12, 19
Jan 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Mar 12, 19, 26
April 2, 9, 16 - Just $29!

https://www.okemo.com/okemowinter/ourmountain/events/calendar.asp

Big Game Sunday Solution
Ski, Ride, See the Big Game and Save an Extra $10. The Big Game Sunday Solution ticket takes another $10 off our already reduced Sunday Solution rate. That means you can ski from 8 am to 1:30 pm for only $53 for Adults, $42 for Young Adults and Seniors, and $31 for Juniors. Valid only on Big Game Sunday, February 3, 2008.

There's also a deal for Military, police, ambulance personnell and firefighters

Magic Mondays at Sunapee $39 non-holidays

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you are a new skier, for a total of $199 you can get all the following at Wildcat, in NH (I love this mountain):

four group beginner lessons,
rental equipment for those lessons,
and ... after you complete the four lessons,
----(can you believe this???)----
a season pass to the mountain.

Wish I were a newbie!:thumbsup:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you are a new skier, for a total of $199 you can get all the following at Wildcat, in NH (I love this mountain):

If I lived in the area I might just fake being a newbie for that deal!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Incredibly great deal at Wildcat, for sure. Superbly fun place as well, totally retro. Love it.

Maine deal: Saddleback, Monday=Ladies' Day - $25 - 2 exclusions remain to this deal this season, MLK Monday and Presidents' Monday, otherwise available - Nice for extending a weekend

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

The price has gone up a little in the last couple of years, but Bogus Basin, here near us has done this program for years -- and along with that season pass, you get season equipment rental too!

It was a GREAT way to get started!

Kano

abc

Banned
Oh, that's easy. Take up snowboarding! :smile:

Now that I know about it, I may just do that next season!

Oh wait! I wonder if that package apllies to telemark? ;-)

meredithCO

Certified Ski Diva

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
New promotion by Ski.com. Anytime any of the Vail resorts (Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone or Breckenridge) received 12 inches of snow within a 24 hour period the following day from 7 am to 7 pm MST you can book a vacation deal with $12 lift tickets! Might be worth signing up for snow report alerts.

https://www.9news.com/money/article.aspx?storyid=84543

snowgem

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is a weird one I joined which supposedly benefits charities for vets with PTD. The site is: www.LibertyFun Pass.com. There is a 2-week trial period membership, which is really cheap.

The membership has many offers for different things, one being that you can get discounts off ski tickets, saving $5 to $23 per ticket. To see a sample of the areas included, go to the main site, click on sports and scroll down. There are many more mountains included in the membership than listed in the sample (I counted 48 areas in CO, VT, NH, PA, NY, MA, CA, NJ, UT, WV, WA, ME, BC, and NV). Snow, Okemo, Stratton are included.

We got some vouchers for Mt. Snow and are going to try them this weekend. (They arrived the day after ordered!) Will report how they work!

snowgem

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We just used a voucher from the Liberty Pass (just mentioned in my previous post) today at Mount Snow - worked fine. And once I ordered the passes, the arrived in a day! So, I hightly recommend joining that site to save a lot on passes to different mountains. Minimally, you can try the trial!:wink:

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Deal on Vail lift tickets

2 LIFT TICKETS FOR $92 & CARNIVAIL + THE SESSION

Get The Real Deal Ticket at Vail- must purchase by calling (800) 842-8062 by 5pm MST, Sunday, January 27 to get tickets valid February 3-10, 2008 during:

CarniVail: February 3-5
Move over N'Awlans. Head to Vail for the biggest Mardi Gras celebration in the mountains; sure to be irresistibly fun, vibrant, sarcastic and sassy! Don't miss the merriment, the throws, the costumes, the Cajun/Creole cuisine, the street party and, of course, the parade on Fat Tuesday. Laissez les bons temps rouler! This year's line up is more exciting than ever with live music straight from New Orleans playing throughout the celebration!

The Honda Session at Vail: Feb. 8-10
The world's most progressive snowboard competition returns to Vail. This is your chance to see snowboarding's elite as they tackle the most innovative rails and big-air courses anywhere. Add parties, music, a base camp, clinics, giant fireballs and a huge payout and you get a snowboard event of epic proportions.

Jilly

Staff member
For the Quebec Diva's - Belle Neige - ladies Wednesday's $5.00 lifts. Small hill, but you can't beat that price!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna