• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skiing on the cheap, '07-'08

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's so friggin' cold in Crested Butte, but, it's not that far away (everything is relative when you live in Telluride), and free is a mighty powerful incentive...hmmmm...may just have to make a trip that way...I'm sure there's SOME reason I need to go to Gunnison. :becky:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a good one: Belleayre Mountain in New York State is offering skiers and riders a $25 Lift Ticket on Christmas Day. No restrictions, no catches -- $25 will be the walk-up window price on Dec. 25.

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Belleayre also has their "customer appreciation days" once a month, where lift tix are $15. The next one is January 18.

ETA: We also got the X2 card at Stratton, which gives you a $10 to $30 discount every time you ski and a free day of skiing. Current cost is $79--it was somewhat less before Thanksgiving, so definitely look for these kinds of things way before the season starts. Oh, and I won a free lift ticket the second time I tried that online raffle.

NannyMin

Banned
Here's One:

Mobil gas stations are offering a 2 for 1 ski lift ticket coupon with 3 gas receipts.

Rules:
1. Each time you fill up now and until April 5, 2008 at any participating Mobil Location, with a minimum 5 gallon gas or diesel gas purchase, a sales associate will stamp this form (just ask for the form at the station). One stamp and one original proof of purchase receipt for each fill up must be attached to this form.

2. When you have obtained 3 Mobil Gas stamps and have 3 original proof of purchase attached to this form you may then receive a coupon at one of our participating Mobil gasoline locations.

Participating Ski Areas: Berkshire East, Bousquet Ski, Ski Butternut, Jiminy Peak, Otis Ridge, Hidden Valley, Mountain Creek, Black Mountain, Granite Gorge, Belleayre Mountain, Catamount, Gore Mountain, Holiday, Hunter, Mt. Peter, Plattekill, Sawkill, Thunder Ridge, Willard, Whiteface, Windham, Ascutney, Bolton Valley, Bromley, Jay Peak, Mad River Glen, Magic, Okemo, Smugglers' Notch, Sugarbush

Participating Gas Stations: Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York & Vermont

abc

Banned
Thanks for the tip, Nannymin.

I noticed Mt. Snow and Killington is no longer on the participation list. They were last year.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey nannymin, I went to the Mobil-3 website and it looks like there's not nearly as many resorts as you listed, and the discount on there says it's for $15 off an adult lift ticket... is there another website or am I missing something?

K.

NannyMin

Banned
Hey nannymin, I went to the Mobil-3 website and it looks like there's not nearly as many resorts as you listed, and the discount on there says it's for $15 off an adult lift ticket... is there another website or am I missing something?

K.

K ~

I'm not sure what is going on...I copied directly from the brochure and coupon that I received yesterday. I just checked and they are from this season. :confused: I'll ask the next time at Mobil.

Sent via iPhone

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Two good deals in the northeast:

Ragged Mountain, NH: Ski for just $6. from Monday, December 17 through Friday, December 21.

Greek Peak, NY: Bring a non-perishable food item and ski for free on December 24.

abc

Banned
Just found this one:

If you're a American Express Card holder, you can get $15 off at Ascutney (VT) for weekends or 2-for-1 mid-week. That's $45 for weekend and <$30 mid-week.

And $10 off at Hunter, Whiteface, Smuggler's Notch, Wachusett...

(Still going through the list at AE... Here's the link: https://www.amexnetwork.com/travel)

playoutside

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mt Abram, ME
2 for 1 on Thurs/Fri -- $36 ($18pp)
Carload Fridays -- $59 for all in seats in the car

Skied there for the first time Friday on the way to Saddleback and it was amazing. Very friendly, terrific snow, will definitely go again.

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm going to recommend Skican for a way to save on a ski vacation. We haven't left yet, but they saved us $$$thousands$$$.

Seriously, we wouldn't have been able to afford it if not for Skican and you can get an immediate quote online.

We leave Feb 4th :yahoo: :cheer: :ski: :dancing:

I can't wait!!!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
At Whiteface Mountain and Gore Mountain, in Lake Placid, NY:

Ski and ride with Coca-Cola on “Why Not Wednesdays” for just $35. Present any Coca-Cola product at Whiteface, in Wilmington, or Gore, in North Creek, and purchase the one-day adult lift ticket for only $35. This offer is valid Wednesdays starting January 2, 2008 through closing day in April 2008, except for Wednesday, February 20. There is a limit of one ticket per can/bottle, and it is not valid with any other offers, programs, promotions, discounts, or frequent skier products.

abc

Banned
For those who are skiing the Catskills/Berkshires occasionally, Potterbrothers (a ski shop) has a bunch of discount tickets for specific dates throughout the winter. It's dirt cheap (19.99-24.99) for almost all of the "well-known" resorts in the Catskill/Bershires.

You'll just have to keep track of which date it's on at which mountain! :smile: Oh yeah, it's not all for weekdays either. Lots of Sundays, too (and some Saturdays). -- Nop, it's not a typo, under $25 for a weekend day.

In general, almost all ski shops sell discount tickets. Some of them really quite a good deal. This past Saturday, I skied Catamont for $36. About as good as it gets for weekend on a sizable mountain. No restrictions on holidays either. So check your local ski shop first...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna