• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skiing on the cheap, '07-'08

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It's that time of the year again, when the ski pass deals start rolling in. If you hear of any that sound good, post 'em here.

I've got one:

Crested Butte: FREE -- yes, that's right -- FREE skiing from November 25 through December 15. Doesn't get better than that! Go here to find out more.

abc

Banned
Except it cost an arm and a leg to get to.

I've thought about that (and asked earlier in another thread), that's until I look it up on the map and trying to figure out how the heck to get there!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
The Warren Miller movies often have good ski deals and/or free passes attached to them. Go here to find out more (the site says 2006/2007, but I think it's really this year's schedule).

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My husband and I usually ski in Vermont, but when we just want a quick day trip, or conditions are iffy up north, we go to Wachusett mountain. It can get really crowded at peak times, but early and late season, or weekdays, it's fine.
Here's the money-saving deal: Wachusett has a promotion called the "passport", which entitles you to $8 off your lift ticket and other discounts. It costs $30, but if you're a AAA member, you can go to the AAA southern New England website and download a coupon which gets you the passport for free. You just bring it to the mountain and they'll issue the passport on the spot.
The coupon is usually available for downloading just before the season starts.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Here are two in the east that look good:

• Saddleback has a book of 10 $25 mid-week tickets, good any mid-week day (some blackouts).

• Ski free on your birthday at Belleayre (there are make-up dates for summer birthdays)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Two more great deals:

Mad River Glen (VT): Ski for $3.50 on January 28, 2008

Cranmore (NH): Lift tickets are $3.30 on December 21.

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
go to Onthesnow.com for info about FREE skiing at Crested Butte, CO. (earlyish season I think)

Jilly

Staff member
For my friends in the Ottawa Valley or Montreal, Tremblant's "BANG" card is now online. It's a discount card to ski Tremblant. You get one free visit with purchase. Also the T-66 is up too. For $219 (plus taxes) you get to ski 66 days that Tremblant chooses. Calendar is on the website. Most days are in December!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
This looks like a good deal for anyone who skis in New York State:

FirstTracksOnline.com said:
Windham Mountain and Hunter Mountain, two ski resorts operating just eight miles apart in New York State's Catskill Mountains, have designed a promotion aptly named the Winter Card to offer their customers a chance to experience both resorts.

The Winter Card offers two days of skiing or snowboarding at Windham Mountain and two days of lift access to Hunter Mountain for $119 – which equals $29.75 a lift ticket. The card is available starting on November 1 and will only be available until December 24.

LadyLes

Certified Ski Diva
I'll be going to Crested Butte for the 'ski free' opportunity-never been there so why not? :smile: They also have lodging deals on-mountain as well.
My favorite deal...the FREE Colorado Gems card...it gets you a couple of free days and season-long discounts on all the "Gems"; the smaller but still fun Colorado resorts! AND the discounts are good for you and 2 friends per day. I'm all about deals you don't have to pay for! :smile: Here's more info: https://www.coloradoski.com/Resorts/Gems/

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On Dec 15, a Saturday, Attitash, just outside North Conway on Hwy 302 in New Hampshire has free lift tickets for everyone. Everyone.

soundgarden

Certified Ski Diva
I think that this is a good deal, but I apologize if it isn't...

I booked a midweek ski & stay at Seasons at Attitash (2BR/2BA w/W&D) from March 9th - 13th for 2 people for $480. This includes 6 adult lift tickets (for M, T, & W for 2 adults/day). If we had skied on Thursday, the price would have jumped to $615 for the whole package. It seems as if doing 1 less day of skiing drastically reduced the price (from $615 to $480). The prices include taxes, etc...

This averages out to $60/night for lodging/skiing per person, which I didn't think was too bad, especially since the condo is large, has a W/D, and is 1 mile from Attitash.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I booked a midweek ski & stay at Seasons at Attitash (2BR/2BA w/W&D) from March 9th - 13th for 2 people for $480. This includes 6 adult lift tickets (for M, T, & W for 2 adults/day).This averages out to $60/night for lodging/skiing per person, which I didn't think was too bad, especially since the condo is large, has a W/D, and is 1 mile from Attitash.

Attitash is my main place to ski, as I have a season's pass there. Hope you enjoy your skiing. The place has two major mountains, with different characters. The older mt. is Attitash proper, with some old-fashioned New-England-style narrow windy trails. It also has lots of big wide trails, all the beginner terrain, and the terrain parks and super pipe, if they put it up this year. (With new ownership I suspect they will.)
The other mountain, Bear Peak, is newer, has longer uninterrupted skiing, and not so much of the narrow stuff. The parking is BY FAR easier there. You just park and walk right up to the lodge - no long-distance hiking. The two mountains are ski-trail connected, but it's a pain to pass from one to the other on skis anyway.
You'll find every type of terrain there, from super steep (but short) to very laid-back. If it snows, there is also some tree skiing over at Bear Peak, but I haven't seen it open for three years. Not enough snow lately.
Have fun! North Conway has the best apres-ski life anywhere round here.

soundgarden

Certified Ski Diva
...The other mountain, Bear Peak, is newer, has longer uninterrupted skiing, and not so much of the narrow stuff. North Conway has the best apres-ski life anywhere round here...

That's good to know. I have been to Attitash twice but have never ventured over to Bear's Peak. I mainly scooted down via Far Out & Farther Out (both of which I love for some reason). Not to get too off topic, but do you suggest any places to head over after skiing? We've only been to the Red Parka Pub, which was fun.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's good to know. I have been to Attitash twice but have never ventured over to Bear's Peak. I mainly scooted down via Far Out & Farther Out (both of which I love for some reason). Not to get too off topic, but do you suggest any places to head over after skiing? We've only been to the Red Parka Pub, which was fun.

Red Parka is great, has music, and is very loud in the bar if that's what you like.

If you are into the bar scene, just before Red Parka on the left is Margherita (sp?) Grill. Small, full of lively folk and great appetizers to go with your margheritas.

May Kelley's farther along on 16 going into N.Conway is as close as you'll get to real Irish food and ambience. On Friday nights from 4 to 6pm there are people playing Irish folk tunes. Food is great. You can eat outdoors too, out back, overlooking the Saco river and the Moat mountains just beyond it, if it's seasonally possible.

Farther along 16 on the right is Moat, a microbrewery, pub, and restaurant. Great place for specialty beers. Into North Conway on the right, inside the big-can't-miss-it White Mountains Inn, is a flatbread pizza place. Lots of atmosphere and a big BIG fireplace. Or, keep going on 16 towards Conway, and before you get to it is the Muddy Moose, on the right. Lots of families with kids in there. Nice Applebees-style menu, clean and light with plenty of atmosphere too. Keep going all the way into Conway (a very small version of North Conway) and on the left, still on 16, you'll find Cafe Noche, the best Mexican food anywhere. Park in back. Lots of atmosphere here too, with little lights hanging all over and Day-of-the-dead stuff all over the walls.

That's just a start. There are so many more. At any place in the valley that has a display of brochures, you may be able to pick up a placemat-type of map that has bunches of restaurants. There seem to be no dives. The competition is too stiff. I think you'll like everything. There are also lots of places to eat breakfast cheaply.

Anything else? I spend every weekend in the winter up there, and I still haven't eaten in all the restaurants.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a good one in the northeast:

From FirstTracksonline:

The Northeast's Price Chopper grocery chain has again launched its popular "Ski Any 3" Passbooks. The Family Mountain Passbook ($109) includes three passes good for a full day adult lift ticket at the pass holder's choice Gore Mountain, Windham Mountain and Belleayre Mountain, all in New York State, Jiminy Peak in Massachusetts, Connecticut's Ski Sundown, or Mount Sunapee in New Hampshire. The Big Mountain Passbook ($129) includes three passes good for a full day adult lift ticket at Whiteface Mountain in New York, and Mount Snow, Smugglers Notch or Okemo, all in Vermont.

Both passbooks include two "Weekday Tag-Along" passes good for $15 off an adult lift ticket for skiing or snowboarding for a friend when a Ski Any 3 pass is redeemed, as well as discount coupons from Price Chopper and participating ski areas. The Passbooks will be sold in all Price Chopper markets in New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania. They will only be available through January 5, 2008.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Moderators note: There was a discussion beginning here about the high cost of lift tickets. These have been moved to a new thread.

Please reserve this thread for postings about ski lift ticket deals. We could all use to save a few bucks! :D

Thanks!

Now here's another deal: On November 25, the Sunday following Thanksgiving, Okemo is hosting its annual Cares and Shares Food Drive. When skiers and snowboarders donate at least three non-perishable food items, a new child’s toy or new clothing item, they'll get a day of skiing and snowboarding at Okemo for just $25.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Stratton is giving away 8,000 free lift tickets. Go to https://www.stratton.com/show to enter. You can enter once per day until you win.

I entered last night and won a free lift ticket so it does work! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly