• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Bibs: Yay or nay?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yes, I was thinking that too. :smile: Cmon I am sure that there are still matching jackets left. ;-)
There are but i think Flylow jackets are too long for me. I ordered one once and sent it back...... So, what color goes with Mars?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
And, the mint Foxy bibs and mint/berry Billie shell is in my shopping cart. I don't like long ski jackets and wonder if any divas have the Billie. All the reviews say it fits small in the hips (ok with me) but it might be too long for my liking. I'm funny about that.....

MissySki

Angel Diva
And, the mint Foxy bibs and mint/berry Billie shell is in my shopping cart. I don't like long ski jackets and wonder if any divas have the Billie. All the reviews say it fits small in the hips (ok with me) but it might be too long for my liking. I'm funny about that.....

I have the Billie, though a few seasons old now, and it is a bit long to me. However, I also have a short torso compared to my legs, so tops often fit long on me.

elemmac

Angel Diva
My flamingo-colored jacket I posted above is a Billie Coat. I went with a medium. For reference: I sometimes go small, and sometimes medium in jackets...the small in the Billie was pretty tight. The medium gives me plenty of space for extra layers. I really like the fit, but it's a pretty standard "freeride" style jacket. It fully covers my hips, and lands about 1/2 way down my butt....not as low as it falls on the models on the Flylow website. I have an older one as well from 5 or 6 years ago, and the newer ones are definitely cut a bit more flattering, whereas the old version is a bit boxier.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Thanks @elemmac ! The flamingo one is also in my shopping cart as thought they might look good with the Ruby siren bibs!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
The bibs are arriving Wednesday or Thursday. If they work, I’ll order the flamingo color. You mentioned that it looks white? But pink in full sun? BTW, where in the alps were you?

elemmac

Angel Diva
You mentioned that it looks white? But pink in full sun? BTW, where in the alps were you?
I think it has a pretty distinct pink tint...but I've had (more than one) occasion where I told someone I was meeting up with that I was "in all pink", and they commented about how I was wearing "all white" once we met up. The pink doesn't pop quite as much in cloudy, dreary weather...but in full sun, there's no mistaking it for white.

I was in Lech, Ski Arlberg at the end of February.

MissySki

Angel Diva
My flamingo-colored jacket I posted above is a Billie Coat. I went with a medium. For reference: I sometimes go small, and sometimes medium in jackets...the small in the Billie was pretty tight. The medium gives me plenty of space for extra layers. I really like the fit, but it's a pretty standard "freeride" style jacket. It fully covers my hips, and lands about 1/2 way down my butt....not as low as it falls on the models on the Flylow website. I have an older one as well from 5 or 6 years ago, and the newer ones are definitely cut a bit more flattering, whereas the old version is a bit boxier.
That makes me want to try on the newer cut, mine is definitely a bit boxier. I think most of my butt is covered too, but that might be the short torso part! Lol Hopefully the arms are still nice and long in the newer model.

elemmac

Angel Diva
That makes me want to try on the newer cut, mine is definitely a bit boxier. I think most of my butt is covered too, but that might be the short torso part! Lol Hopefully the arms are still nice and long in the newer model.
Haha, I'm not sure how "new" the newer cut is...I think they changed it a few years ago. The arms are still plenty long...most Flylow jackets are a bit too long in the arms for me, but I like so many other things about the brand that I deal with them being a little lengthy.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got the Foxy and Siren bibs and they fit great through the hips and thighs with room for layers, but I have this huge gap in the back. the black fabric is just hanging off and gaping out, does that mean I should have sized down in bibs? But then I worry if there will be room in the hip/thigh area? Foxy fits a bit better then Siren, I guess I could sew in a part of that fabric in the back.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I got the Foxy and Siren bibs and they fit great through the hips and thighs with room for layers, but I have this huge gap in the back. the black fabric is just hanging off and gaping out, does that mean I should have sized down in bibs? But then I worry if there will be room in the hip/thigh area? Foxy fits a bit better then Siren, I guess I could sew in a part of that fabric in the back.
Mine is loose in the back as well. But it doesn't bother me or impede the function of the bib at all, so I've left it as is. I normally wear all of my layers under my bibs (including a puffy jacket), once the layers are on, it snugs up enough. Going down a size wasn't an option for me, since the thighs/hips were way too tight on the next size down.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
The Flylow Siren bibs arrived today and they are AWESOME..... a little too long but measured close to my Foxy's..... Foxy's are a periwinkle color and these are a pretty pinkish-red color and very technical fabric...... do I dare order the Flamingo shell with the matching zipper?

ETA: I went ahead and ordered the Billie shell in Flamingo pink...

Last edited:

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mine is loose in the back as well. But it doesn't bother me or impede the function of the bib at all, so I've left it as is. I normally wear all of my layers under my bibs (including a puffy jacket), once the layers are on, it snugs up enough. Going down a size wasn't an option for me, since the thighs/hips were way too tight on the next size down.
You know to your point I put on all of the layers I would wear under the shell if it's really cold - like a puffy jacket and insulated knickers and the gap in the back was mostly gone, and there was not a lot of room in the hip area though I was very comfy. So I think I may be ok size wise. I may still sew in a section of the black fabric in the back to make it a bit more fitted. Again Foxy looked more fitted and stramlined, Siren was a bit looser

On a different, note as I was walking around the house in bibs I realized how freeing and comfy it is to have nothing constricting your midsection. Also the side zipper is so easy for going to the bathroom. I am excited to ski in these bibs in winter!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
You know to your point I put on all of the layers I would wear under the shell if it's really cold - like a puffy jacket and insulated knickers and the gap in the back was mostly gone, and there was not a lot of room in the hip area though I was very comfy. So I think I may be ok size wise. I may still sew in a section of the black fabric in the back to make it a bit more fitted. Again Foxy looked more fitted and stramlined, Siren was a bit looser

On a different, note as I was walking around the house in bibs I realized how freeing and comfy it is to have nothing constricting your midsection. Also the side zipper is so easy for going to the bathroom. I am excited to ski in these bibs in winter!
And the side zipper is GREAT......you'll love them and look great as well! And stay warm and dry.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna