• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Bibs: Yay or nay?

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You look adorable cute in your pink bib - I love it. Thank you for sharing the photo. Yes, I think Alice is built similar to me, but I am taller.

After some deliberation and after chatting with @santacruz skier I got Foxy and Siren bibs on sale, I look forward to getting them. Flylow has a huge sale on bibs and other winter gear right now if anyone is interested. The sizes and colors are somewhat limited.

Summer is great for gear shopping :smile: - the sales are nice, and it makes the long summer shorter!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Alice’s black bibs are Flylow Foxy and she is curvy and I think a little taller than I…maybe you should check in with her on sizing. She loves hers from what Margaret/Mom says.
My impression is that they run long. I’m 5’5” and the S is almost too long for me even with straps shortened to the max. There are my first shell outerwear (no insulation) of any sort and I have been totally impressed by the warmth even here in the East, despite initial concern. I wear a second base layer bottoms when midday temp forecast in teens. Otherwise plenty warm with one base layer. The midbody coverage is very good for warmth, esp riding the lift, and avoids snow/air intrusion if you fall.
Mine are strangely snug over ribs and chest regardless of how straps are adjusted, which is odd because I’m not busty. I am broad across back and shoulders, so maybe that's the problem. If I got size Med they'd be too long and too roomy in the hip and thighs.
See photo: wearing shelf bra camisole, close fitting T neck and tight weave wool sweater under the bibs. I can barely stow a Chapstick in the chest pockets . . . maybe a mask for covid.
Bibs still fit after eating that waffle! Yes I ate the whole thing. Bonus points to anyone who can name the resort and the lodge, famous for their waffles.

View attachment 21341
Sun Valley - the base lodge at River Run?

elemmac

Angel Diva
Yay new bibs! I have a pair of Foxys and love them! @Olesya Chornoguz I know you already bought, but I'll throw this information out there in case there's someone else looking to capitalize on their sale...

I am 5'5" and fall pretty squarely in the Flylow size chart Medium/10. I almost always wear a medium bottom in any other brand. The medium Foxy was WAY too tight in the hips and thighs for me. I tried a medium Moxy, and they were snug but definitely a bit more generous fit in the hips/thighs.

I don't like to ski in tight (i.e. restricting) pants and will choose function and flexibility over an hourglass silhouette any day. Sizing up to a large in the Foxy was able to provide the movement I wanted without being excessively baggy. I went with the short length (due to sizing up) despite having a 31" inseam, and the size chart showing that the "short" was a 28"...they are still a smidge too long.

Photos for size reference (just ignore the awkward square on my midsection...it seemed like the best place to store my phone that normally goes into my jacket chest pocket)...

IMG_0244.jpeg

IMG_0246.jpeg

IMG_0228.jpeg

IMG_7691.jpeg

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm eyeballing the Saturn color...... already have the Foxy's in Lupine and Sphinx in Night..... BTW, I'm long waisted with short legs 5'1 and the extra smalls are fine in the length (maybe a tad long, but I don't like short pants)...

elemmac

Angel Diva
I'm eyeballing the Saturn color...... already have the Foxy's in Lupine and Sphinx in Night.....
I love the Mars color, so bright!...but I would probably need to pick up a new jacket because I don't own anything that would match it. So, probably best they don't have my size left. haha! In addition to the Foxys, I own the Baker bibs in Flamingo...love how in the shadows, people think it's white. Then in full sun, it's full pink!

IMG_3702.jpeg

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yay new bibs! I have a pair of Foxys and love them! @Olesya Chornoguz I know you already bought, but I'll throw this information out there in case there's someone else looking to capitalize on their sale...

I am 5'5" and fall pretty squarely in the Flylow size chart Medium/10. I almost always wear a medium bottom in any other brand. The medium Foxy was WAY too tight in the hips and thighs for me. I tried a medium Moxy, and they were snug but definitely a bit more generous fit in the hips/thighs.

I don't like to ski in tight (i.e. restricting) pants and will choose function and flexibility over an hourglass silhouette any day. Sizing up to a large in the Foxy was able to provide the movement I wanted without being excessively baggy. I went with the short length (due to sizing up) despite having a 31" inseam, and the size chart showing that the "short" was a 28"...they are still a smidge too long.

Photos for size reference (just ignore the awkward square on my midsection...it seemed like the best place to store my phone that normally goes into my jacket chest pocket)...

View attachment 21342

View attachment 21343

View attachment 21344

View attachment 21345
Great pics @elemmac - you look great in your Foxy bib! Thank you for sharing. The information on sizing is reassuring because I fall in size Large according to Flylow size chart but figured because I have muscular thighs I got Foxy XL, so basically I sized up with the hopes that size up will fit just right, since Foxy are supposed to be fitted. I got it in Mars color. :smile:

MissySki

Angel Diva
I am late to this question @Olesya Chornoguz , but at least it looks like you received plenty of comments anyway! I look forward to hearing how the bibs work for you!

For me the Foxy just didn’t work with my shape. My usual size Small could not zip and then going to Medium was very big on me. The Moxy Small fits well and I can fit plenty of layers. I often have issues where certain brands or cuts just don’t work for me, so this was not terribly surprising and I may be an outlier.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I love the Mars color, so bright!...but I would probably need to pick up a new jacket because I don't own anything that would match it. So, probably best they don't have my size left. haha! In addition to the Foxys, I own the Baker bibs in Flamingo...love how in the shadows, people think it's white. Then in full sun, it's full pink!

View attachment 21348
That pic is definitely in the alps.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna