• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Bibs: Yay or nay?

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I have the Outdoor Research Skytour bibs and they're excellent! The fit works well for me and they're very comfortable.
Mary,
How much can you and do you need to layer? Currently I use an insulated pair of North face with either smartwool or a Bracelayer. Seems I might need both in the east.

Mary Brosnan

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mary,
How much can you and do you need to layer? Currently I use an insulated pair of North face with either smartwool or a Bracelayer. Seems I might need both in the east.
Depends on the temp and how sensitive you are to the cold. These bibs are unlined and lightweight. I have the warmer version of the Stabilyx tights that I put on first and when it's really cold I layer on an insulated pair of 3/4 pants as well. I love that the bibs are stretchy! The fit nicely too - not too tight and not too baggy.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Wish they had better colors.
Depends on the temp and how sensitive you are to the cold. These bibs are unlined and lightweight. I have the warmer version of the Stabilyx tights that I put on first and when it's really cold I layer on an insulated pair of 3/4 pants as well. I love that the bibs are stretchy! The fit nicely too - not too tight and not too baggy.
What a bummer! My REI order of the outdoor research bibs was canceled as they appear to be out of my size.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm yay on the ski bibs! I'm a beginner though and do a lot of falling. Before my bib purchase, snow was getting into my pants like nobody's business. I went and purchased the NorthFace Freedom insulated bib in XS and it's so cute! It looks fitted, but I can still fit several layers underneath. On my last outing, I had on a merino wool base layer, a quick dry long sleeve mock neck and a patagonia fleece. No more snow down my pants :thumbsup:

@diymom gave most of the details about the bib, though mine is the insulated version and it's definitely insulated! I don't find it hard to just unzip the sides and pull the elastic suspenders over my head. The only thing I take off is my ski jacket. I found a great deal on it through evo - $100 dollars off!

Evo is so convenient, I can walk to the flagship in Seattle and if I need to order it, regular shipping comes in 2 days since the warehouse is like one city away! Their markdowns are pretty damned good too!

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I'm yay on the ski bibs! I'm a beginner though and do a lot of falling. Before my bib purchase, snow was getting into my pants like nobody's business. I went and purchased the NorthFace Freedom insulated bib in XS and it's so cute! It looks fitted, but I can still fit several layers underneath. On my last outing, I had on a merino wool base layer, a quick dry long sleeve mock neck and a patagonia fleece. No more snow down my pants :thumbsup:

@diymom gave most of the details about the bib, though mine is the insulated version and it's definitely insulated! I don't find it hard to just unzip the sides and pull the elastic suspenders over my head. The only thing I take off is my ski jacket. I found a great deal on it through evo - $100 dollars off!

Evo is so convenient, I can walk to the flagship in Seattle and if I need to order it, regular shipping comes in 2 days since the warehouse is like one city away! Their markdowns are pretty damned good too!
Lucky to be near Evo.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Just chiming in with my YAY for bibs. I have the Flylow Sphynx pants and love them!!! Bonus that I don’t have to take off my jacket in the washroom with the long side zip.
Will they fit hippy ladies? I'm long waisted and a bit wider in the bum than the normal flylow size.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Will they fit hippy ladies? I'm long waisted and a bit wider in the bum than the normal flylow size.
I have both the Sphinx and Foxy bibs. I'm long waisted but not "hippy" and they fit well but not with a lot of room to spare. Both sizes are XSMALL.
BTW, they are on sale at Steep and Cheap now....

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I have both the Sphinx and Foxy bibs. I'm long waisted but not "hippy" and they fit well but not with a lot of room to spare. Both sizes are XSMALL.
BTW, they are on sale at Steep and Cheap now....
I know that's why I'm asking. Evo has Trew on sale too. I'm SUPER bummed after 6 days of waiting REI canceled both my outdoor research skytour bib orders. They finally sent an XL....but they are too big. I like the material a lot too. I wanted the Trew since I own a shell by them (never worn). I have not talked to anyone that actually has them. Also FYI OR will have different colors next year. ;)

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have heard the Flylow Moxie bibs are roomier.......

santacruz skier

Angel Diva

Mary Brosnan

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know that's why I'm asking. Evo has Trew on sale too. I'm SUPER bummed after 6 days of waiting REI canceled both my outdoor research skytour bib orders. They finally sent an XL....but they are too big. I like the material a lot too. I wanted the Trew since I own a shell by them (never worn). I have not talked to anyone that actually has them. Also FYI OR will have different colors next year. ;)
The OR website has the skytour bibs on sale right now for about $250 and it looks like they have a range of sizes

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
BTW, Steep and Cheap has bibs on sale now...... most under $200.
Click on @ski diva's thread "Deals for Divas."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna