• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Photo of the day

newboots

Angel Diva
Click on the link that says “it’s me!” I posted the video to my Instagram.

I’m about to write to BA and send her the video :smile:

and happy Easter to you too!

I read this on my phone and I couldn't see the blue letters! On my way now to applaud your new ski skills!
ETA: You look great! I left you a comment.

kiki

Angel Diva
It’s me! I’m on Downspout at Sugarbush, a slightly steep blue pitch that tends to get a lot of traffic, but it was empty this morning for Easter.

I thought I was doing nice S turns, but who knows. Dr Pugs says that he’s seen me ski better and I definitely felt stronger yesterday than I did today, but I’m feeling good! I’m thinking today was my last day on skis for the season. The spring conditions are soft and nice, but I think I want my ski muscles and technique to be stronger before I try to develop my skill set on sticky slush snow.
Love the video!!!!!

kiki

Angel Diva
Skiing alone all the time it’s impossible to bet a video to see myself. That one you have is awesome @ilovepugs you look excited amd happy on the snow.
another day on Seymour, I am loving the spring skiing! It was best the first few runs when it was firmer but I stuck to the easy hill as I it has the best grooming and I didn’t want to jar my joints in the heavy snow.A651F66D-1744-456E-89D6-B5A72CC341B9.jpeg56D6AA10-49BF-4A34-8089-455E69206348.jpeg

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Skiing alone all the time it’s impossible to bet a video to see myself. That one you have is awesome @ilovepugs you look excited amd happy on the snow.
another day on Seymour, I am loving the spring skiing! It was best the first few runs when it was firmer but I stuck to the easy hill as I it has the best grooming and I didn’t want to jar my joints in the heavy snow.View attachment 15478View attachment 15479
Beautiful pics today @kiki! Hope I can ski with you in Vancouver or at W-B one day.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I love these pictures, y’all. These are super inspiring for me to become a better skier. :smile:
Mindset is so much.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Here's one from our walk today - not very scenic, but pretty sure we heard this happen early yesterday morning. There was a huge lightning bolt and a very loud crack of thunder pretty much simultaneously. The third pic shows the furthest piece of tree that we saw - the debris field was pretty big.

28FD6A6A-BD53-41DF-BC34-610ABE174BFD.jpeg
0E114F2E-D0EA-4C1E-A9B0-83D8124BCE0F.jpeg
BB2B5EE3-3A22-4341-BF76-7A2CBF9BD24F.jpeg

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Wowza!!! What a strike. You probably had that storm an hour after we did on Monday. It was around 10:30 (CDT) here? it was very active - fast moving, hard charging.

Attachments

• E659DE70-5687-40B8-930E-525ACB8E0B21.jpeg
    E659DE70-5687-40B8-930E-525ACB8E0B21.jpeg
    310.9 KB · Views: 1

Jenny

Angel Diva
Would have been a different one - we were in bed when we heard it. Early Monday morning, I think, although it might have been Sunday.

I do love storms, but sometimes they can come a bit close.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Driving east on I-70 this afternoon, I saw this grazing up on the hill. It seemed as interested in me as I was in it, so I made sure I could beat it to the car should it come barreling down the hill.

With it being white, my first thought was mountain goat. But I think it's a bighorn sheep.

20210407_232911.jpg

A couple miles away, there was a herd of them walking alongside I-70. Had to snap the picture while moving so I wouldn't disturb them.

20210408_012653.jpg

Christy

Angel Diva
For as long as I've been skiing now I'd never skied Alpental, which is pretty legendary in WA. It's mostly expert terrain with backcountry access and I never wanted to buy a lift ticket when I could only ski a little terrain there. I have a Snoqualmie spring pass and today I decided that it was absurd that there's a ski area an hour from my house that I've never skied. It does have one lift that serves one blue and a few black runs so I just skied off of that. It was fun to check out a new place. It definitely has its own vibe. I'm sure the scenery would have had more wow factor if I'd taken the upper lifts to the top but that gets a hard pass from me.

20210409_121506-01.jpeg

20210409_122548-01-01.jpeg
20210409_122844-01.jpeg
You have to walk a bridge over a gorge over the South Fork of the Snoqualmie River to get to the base.

Christy

Angel Diva
Wow, that's cool, @Christy ! Did you stick to the one blue run? How was it? Will you return?

That's all I did--once i got up there it wasn't obvious how to access the single black runs I remembered seeing on the map, and the blue was long and with a good pitch, so I only did that. I had spent the morning at another Snoqualmie area then thought hmm...so ate lunch in my car and drove over to the Alpental parking lot for the afternoon. I need to go back with my husband who serves as my advance scout and will tell me yes, you will like this black or no you won't because it's scoured or whatever.

Is the first picture of the so-called runs from the top?

No it's actually from quite a ways down. I didn't even take one of the lifts to the very top--they only access double black terrain.

kiki

Angel Diva
@Christy that’s great you got out of your comfort zone and checked it out! After you have been again with your ‘advance scout’ will want to hear more!

Jenny

Angel Diva
That's all I did--once i got up there it wasn't obvious how to access the single black runs I remembered seeing on the map, and the blue was long and with a good pitch, so I only did that. I had spent the morning at another Snoqualmie area then thought hmm...so ate lunch in my car and drove over to the Alpental parking lot for the afternoon. I need to go back with my husband who serves as my advance scout and will tell me yes, you will like this black or no you won't because it's scoured or whatever.

No it's actually from quite a ways down. I didn't even take one of the lifts to the very top--they only access double black terrain.
No, I meant are we looking at the double black runs in that picture? Cuz I wouldn’t go near the stuff we’re looking at!

Christy

Angel Diva
Ahh @Jenny we are looking across the Alpental Valley in that photo. Here is a photo of Alpental from the website. You can see under the lettering the area that I skied, where the obvious runs are--the lift I took drops off at the saddle under (distant) Mt Rainier. Better skiers ski the other stuff and a bowl behind the mountain. There's also a knob to the left of the photo that I saw skiers coming down when I pulled up in the parking lot (second photo).

1618070891336.png

From Powder Mag:

1618071085205.png

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna