• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Photo of the day

Christy

Angel Diva
I did the most delightful thing today. I skied to my car.

Maybe you can always ski to your car, and you don't know why this was so delightful. At Crystal, we rely on shuttles to get us from the parking lot to the base. It's annoying. But they just designated a new ski lane to Lot B, and you can get there without taking off your skis by skiing behind the base lodge then over a bridge, and the lot, which is big, was completely snow covered, and I saw others do it, and sure enough it worked. You can see a guy skiing down the lane in my photo. LOL I know I sound like a dork but that's what all my time waiting for shuttles or trudging across an icy parking lot has done.
20210303_144746-01.jpeg done.

Christy

Angel Diva
My other photo of the day (right into the sun, oh well). A beautiful spring-like day in the best sense. There are actually two volcanoes in the photo--one big and close, and one more distant with her top blown off--but the latter is very hard to see.

20210303_135951-01.jpeg

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
4EA7D03C-146D-4224-BF9D-8DF3F6C3FACC.jpeg
This one was a funny photo for me. I call this my mobile ski store.

I wanted to ski, but I also wanted to snowboard, so I brought one of each. But I’m still breaking in my Step-On compatible snowboard boots so I brought another board and a pair of broken in boots that would work with the board. And, I wanted to get my bindings on the unicorn skis adjusted to fit my current boots, so I threw them in the trunk too.

E93888A2-BC7C-431D-A2C9-4FA6F0F3DB74.jpeg
Skiing is going pretty great though; I’m so happy I took those lessons with Barbara Ann. She gave me the tools to consciously improve on going down a little narrow, steep-feeling pitch in just 3 lessons, and I lapped this steep little pitch along with a gentle blue trail. I totally froze and slide-slipped a bunch on my first attempt yesterday. Today, by the end of the morning, I felt like I was going down not only safely, but with confidence, thanks to applying my new toolkit.

I spent the afternoon running speedy laps on the snowboard with Dr Pugs and now I am TIRED.

newboots

Angel Diva
This is @newboots and @Olesya Chornoguz at Jack Frost today. What fun! Skiing with @Olesya Chornoguz is a blast, and yesterday we met up with @vanhoskier , who is a riot and a great skier as well. I especially loved that Jack Frost seemed designed to help me refine the skills I’ve worked on this year - blue cruisers that weren’t scary but were perfect for making pretty turns. Good fun!

Attachments

• AE47098E-CFCD-4705-9ED0-D3101DB44D63.jpeg
    AE47098E-CFCD-4705-9ED0-D3101DB44D63.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 549BF02A-1282-4C63-A1C7-BEC5CE034605.jpeg
    549BF02A-1282-4C63-A1C7-BEC5CE034605.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 20

Jenny

Angel Diva
A toast to the 2020-2021 Covid season, and to all Divas, far and near, those who are gone, and those who are here. (Sounds kind of Dr. Seussian, whoville-ish, doesn't it?)

Today was it for us.

5FFED9E0-5C48-48EB-92E7-BBC99B6D8F49.jpeg

8B55892B-2950-4B41-A2D3-984ACBCF82D8.jpeg

@9:30 this morning. Couldn’t believe how empty the base was, and lifts had been running for 30 minutes! Of course, timing is everything in pictures, there definitely were people around, but you wouldn’t know it from this pic.

10A4B2CF-7DEF-4BA9-8FB6-97A9DD6FFA89.jpeg

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Sorry I didn't know you were there -- I was at Keystone from Tues-Thurs! That snow was awesome!

It was. It is. We skied from 8:30 until noon today before the crowds became impossible. I had the best time in the Outback!

It would have been fun to meet.

And more snow is on the way!

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
It was. It is. We skied from 8:30 until noon today before the crowds became impossible. I had the best time in the Outback!

It would have been fun to meet.

And more snow is on the way!
Yes, we found the Outback to be the most fun, too. Even the "groomed" runs had moguls, which we really enjoyed.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Yes, we found the Outback to be the most fun, too. Even the "groomed" runs had moguls, which we really enjoyed.

Yes, a couple of days after the recent snowfall Porcupine was "groomed" but had decent size moguls. I'm not a great mogul skier but these were small and widely spaced and turned out to be a lot of fun. Tiring for me though.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
E13116E2-F600-48D0-B830-3A653C03CC41.jpeg
I had kind of a rough day at the Bolton backcountry clinic yesterday so I decided to do something that was purely fun and unchallenging today: ripping slushy laps on my slush board (the appropriately named Spring Break Slush Slasher!) at Sugarbush.

Bonus photo: because it’s so nice out we dragged some of our patio furniture out and are now enjoying apres by sitting, drinking and admiring our view... that still hasn’t gotten old:
A3C05986-F384-4B81-81A1-84EF26DE838D.jpeg
Don’t mind the other messy furniture lol

Jenny

Angel Diva
View attachment 15295
I had kind of a rough day at the Bolton backcountry clinic yesterday so I decided to do something that was purely fun and unchallenging today: ripping slushy laps on my slush board (the appropriately named Spring Break Slush Slasher!) at Sugarbush.

Bonus photo: because it’s so nice out we dragged some of our patio furniture out and are now enjoying apres by sitting, drinking and admiring our view... that still hasn’t gotten old:
View attachment 15296
I can’t wait to come ski Sugarbush and see your place in person - that looks so relaxing!

What happened at the clinic?

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I can’t wait to come ski Sugarbush and see your place in person - that looks so relaxing!

What happened at the clinic?
Can’t wait to have you!

The clinic was just not on terrain well-suited for splitboarding, so there were a lot of flats and it was a lot of work that wasn’t very fun. I opted out of today and think it was a wise choice. I’m very happy with how I spent my day!

SierraLuLu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
View attachment 15295

View attachment 15296

These don’t even look like they were taken in the same season! Wow!

Christy

Angel Diva
I bought a spring pass for Snoqualmie. I've never bought a Snoqualmie pass product before but I have more flexibility to ski weekdays and it's only an hour door to door so I'm giving them a shot, seeing what it would be like if this was my home mountain. Today was wonderful. 11" new snow. No lift lines. Easy parking.

1616535357845.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga