• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Photo of the day

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I bought a spring pass for Snoqualmie. I've never bought a Snoqualmie pass product before but I have more flexibility to ski weekdays and it's only an hour door to door so I'm giving them a shot, seeing what it would be like if this was my home mountain. Today was wonderful. 11" new snow. No lift lines. Easy parking.

View attachment 15321
So beautiful!

ddskis

Certified Ski Diva
It’s still winter in the PNW:becky:
This is from yesterday actually. Was too tired to post last night and had to work early today.

Finally got of ole stormy snowy day!! Managed to forget my actual powder skis but the pearls were ok.

Also managed to actually do some figure 8s on hubs tracks until my legs gave out. He’s got close to 50day legs and I’m working to hit 10!

Attachments

• 44B21F78-C448-4461-AC94-261B3202DF8C.jpeg
    44B21F78-C448-4461-AC94-261B3202DF8C.jpeg
    522.7 KB · Views: 17

Christy

Angel Diva
It’s still winter in the PNW:becky:
This is from yesterday actually. Was too tired to post last night and had to work early today.

Finally got of ole stormy snowy day!! Managed to forget my actual powder skis but the pearls were ok.

Also managed to actually do some figure 8s on hubs tracks until my legs gave out. He’s got close to 50day legs and I’m working to hit 10!

Ready for some convergence zone action on Monday?

1616801393646.png

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Gore got beat up by Sunday's Rain but it was cold last night (24F) and full on Sun beams today. The morning surface was fantastic firm and then it softened nicely. Love my Liberty 76w's gore march 30 2021.jpg20210330_122807.jpg20210330_124536.jpg20210330_121453.jpg

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
8808A571-43F7-4559-97D9-B45E46E066CF.jpeg
oh my gosh!!! Not a ski photo, but I had to document this. It’s been snowing all day here, and I was cozily sitting on my couch in the living room by the pellet stove when I suddenly saw this streak of alpenglow appear in the hills across the valley. I ran outside to take a picture because it was so unexpected on this snowy day!! I wish I had been better able to capture it!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
View attachment 15446
oh my gosh!!! Not a ski photo, but I had to document this. It’s been snowing all day here, and I was cozily sitting on my couch in the living room by the pellet stove when I suddenly saw this streak of alpenglow appear in the hills across the valley. I ran outside to take a picture because it was so unexpected on this snowy day!! I wish I had been better able to capture it!
:jealous:

newboots

Angel Diva
View attachment 15446

It's beautiful. I looks like a painting!

kiki

Angel Diva
Another beautiful spring day with recent snow. I'm really digging the relatively short commute and mellow vibe found at Snoqualmie midweek. The pros outweigh the shorter runs and limited terrain at least during this snowy pandemic spring.

View attachment 15409
It’s really lovely there, How long is Snowualmie open?

Christy

Angel Diva
It’s really lovely there, How long is Snowualmie open?

Snoqualmie is really 4 or 4.5 seperate areas depending how you count it. Of these Alpental is usually open until May 5th (they always have a Cinco de Mayo party); the other areas are open until April 11, April 4, or are closed.

It's actually really confusing as it's different for each little area and it changes by the week this time of year, and you have to always look before going.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
823E0DC5-21B3-4993-A9A9-BB2701C81507.jpeg
A beautiful bluebird day at Sugarbush! I had a great time on skis today - my right turn was feeling strong today, and I skied blues all over the mountain (even went to a part that I didn’t mean to go to but safely extricated myself, lol).

I was feeling so confident that I decided to tackle the shortest stretch of black diamond trail. I totally froze at the end of a turn and had to sideslip downhill 20 feet, but then figured out what I had to do and finished that piece of the trail with a smile. Yeah!!

Gonna go back tomorrow with Dr Pugs and have him video me so I can see what I look like on skis these days.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
It’s me! I’m on Downspout at Sugarbush, a slightly steep blue pitch that tends to get a lot of traffic, but it was empty this morning for Easter.

I thought I was doing nice S turns, but who knows. Dr Pugs says that he’s seen me ski better and I definitely felt stronger yesterday than I did today, but I’m feeling good! I’m thinking today was my last day on skis for the season. The spring conditions are soft and nice, but I think I want my ski muscles and technique to be stronger before I try to develop my skill set on sticky slush snow.

Last edited:

newboots

Angel Diva
I think I want my ski muscles and technique to be stronger before I try to develop my skill set on sticky slush snow.

No video? :wink::party:

Good plan. Spring snow is challenging for new skiers. Although with B.A. at your side, you can probably handle anything! But enjoy the spring on your snowboard! And happy Easter!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
No video? :wink::party:

Good plan. Spring snow is challenging for new skiers. Although with B.A. at your side, you can probably handle anything! But enjoy the spring on your snowboard! And happy Easter!
Click on the link that says “it’s me!” I posted the video to my Instagram.

I’m about to write to BA and send her the video :smile:

and happy Easter to you too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna