• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Maybe I need @DebbieSue's taffy colored bibs for my new jacket. Or maybe I should just bite the bullet and purchase the foxy beet colored bibs......
And sell some of my other ski stuff...... but, alas, not many my size
@badger , @Pequenita to name a few.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maybe I need @DebbieSue's taffy colored bibs for my new jacket. Or maybe I should just bite the bullet and purchase the foxy beet colored bibs......
And sell some of my other ski stuff...... but, alas, not many my size
@badger , @Pequenita to name a few.
As a fellow owner of the taffy bibs, I love them and would recommend them to anyone if you can find or steal a pair :love: I really do like the beet colour as well though!! I bet they'd look good with my existing jackets... must not buy more gear

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
As a fellow owner of the taffy bibs, I love them and would recommend them to anyone if you can find or steal a pair :love: I really do like the beet colour as well though!! I bet they'd look good with my existing jackets... must not buy more gear
Forgot you have the taffy color…. So pretty!

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Now that's an expression one doesn't hear often and it is much more evocative than "you can't take it with you."
I nicked it from one of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books ages ago, I think the excerpt went like:

"Making money is good, but there's no pockets in a shroud"
"Then you don't know the right tailor!"

You're right though, it is evocative now you've pointed that out, I always used it thinking it was just funny.

empogo

Certified Ski Diva
I just stumbled upon this thread and I'm thrilled. I am an extreme jacket slut in all areas of my life, and skiing is just making that more hilariously true. Have been in major debates about what I'm wearing this season and I thiiiink I've got it figured out. I'll post pics once it's all here.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just stumbled upon this thread and I'm thrilled. I am an extreme jacket slut in all areas of my life, and skiing is just making that more hilariously true. Have been in major debates about what I'm wearing this season and I thiiiink I've got it figured out. I'll post pics once it's all here.
Ski clothes shopping is so much fun! Especially in the off season. We have a pants slut thread too. :smile: That is the pants thread:

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
These just popped up on my insta feed so not me but soooo pretty Bogner Fire + Ice x Loveshackfancy Screenshot_20221205-160541_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20221205-160558_Chrome.jpg

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
These just popped up on my insta feed so not me but soooo pretty Bogner Fire + Ice x Loveshackfancy View attachment 19718View attachment 19719
Curious. Do you think you would wear this down jacket on a snowy day? If a normal down jacket gets wet, it takes some time in the dryer to dry it out. I'm wondering if manufacturers have figured out how to make a down jacket that is waterproof, or at least water resistant.

Reactions: AJM

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Curious. Do you think you would wear this down jacket on a snowy day? If a normal down jacket gets wet, it takes some time in the dryer to dry it out. I'm wondering if manufacturers have figured out how to make a down jacket that is waterproof, or at least water resistant.
It says it water resistant on the website but how water resistant I dont know. I generally wear my down jacket on non snowy days and my gortex shell on days when it snows. I know a couple of gals who would love these but granted they do spend most of the time at the bar rather than actually skiing despite the fact that they spend more on their outerwear than my whole kit put together including my ski's :laughter:

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There are a number of down jackets with water resistance on the market - the Flylow Kenzie springs to mind, and I have personally owned a 2116 of Sweden down jacket with a 12k waterproofing rating as well as my current Huffer Superdown jacket which is 10k rated with 650-fill down, has been worn on snowy days, and comes in a Goretex version that I can't afford.
Breathable has been a slightly different story though....I run cold so that has never been my priority on the majority of snowy days.

Attachments

• F22_KenzieJacket_Greedo_Sage_Front_1200x.jpg
    F22_KenzieJacket_Greedo_Sage_Front_1200x.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 3

Iwannaski

Angel Diva

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member