• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would worry more about fit, myself. Being a 3-in-1 jacket you can always wear the shell with different layers underneath on warmer days.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought this on SAC just a few minutes ago.
Do I need it? No
Am I excited about it? Well, yeah!!!
TRIBAS.jpg

Please tell me I'm not alone. :redface:
Whew, I started this threaed 15 years ago!
Can you believe it?
I have bought and sold so many jackets over the past 15 years, and am always on the hunt for something new and fun.

Over the weekend I found two jackets from the Rossignol line up that go wtih some Rossignol pants I have.
A few years ago I got this Rooster Jacket from Rossi so I'm excited to add to the jacket quiver.
IMG_7593.jpeg
My new Rossignol Jacket, which I wore today
IMG_3988.jpeg

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Can you believe it?
I have bought and sold so many jackets over the past 15 years, and am always on the hunt for something new and fun.

Over the weekend I found two jackets from the Rossignol line up that go wtih some Rossignol pants I have.
A few years ago I got this Rooster Jacket from Rossi so I'm excited to add to the jacket quiver.
View attachment 21910
View attachment 21911

Cute jackets!

brooksnow

Angel Diva
Not nearly as exciting or unique as @SnowHot 's new jackets. I just bought myself an new light down layer instead of (or perhaps in addition to) replacing the zipper on my decade old one that had sleeves that were too short. I figured it was worth a try for $22.99 and I could always return it:
I love the color -Potent Purple- and the fabric is so incredibly soft.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's a really nice shade of purple.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Can you believe it?

View attachment 21910
View attachment 21911
Love that jacket just wish the companies would make the bottom edge a bit larger for those with hips. Or, at least a double zipper. Enjoy!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love that jacket just wish the companies would make the bottom edge a bit larger for those with hips. Or, at least a double zipper. Enjoy!
On Ebay there are tons of packable down jackets for women. Many don't have a wide bottom. They just go straight down. Women aren't shaped that way.

A few companies do make down puffies that are shaped for a good fit around the hips. I've found these to reliably shape their jackets properly.
--Andrew Marc
--Calvin Klein
--Kenneth Cole
Look for a packable down puffy by each of those. Search terms that work: duck down, goose down, packable, women, premium down, and the color you want.

Look for prices $35.00-$45.00 plus shipping. Ebay is nice if you are buying on a budget.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree, since I have hips. That is one area that I realy struggle with jackets in general. What I do like about the new Rossi jacket is that its very stretchy so it works okay with my hips. There is another jacket I have that I ended up going up in a size to get it to fit around my hips. That is frustrating to me.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On Ebay there are tons of packable down jackets for women. Many don't have a wide bottom. They just go straight down. Women aren't shaped that way.

A few companies do make down puffies that are shaped for a good fit around the hips. I've found these to reliably shape their jackets properly.
--Andrew Marc
--Calvin Klein
--Kenneth Cole
Look for a packable down puffy by each of those. Search terms that work: duck down, goose down, packable, women, premium down, and the color you want.

Look for prices $35.00-$45.00 plus shipping. Ebay is nice if you are buying on a budget.
I picked up two jackets at the swap. This one pictured for $79 and another down jacket $49.
fortunately I was helping set up the swap so I was able to see stuff before the doors opened.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And you live near better stores and skiing than CT. Thanks for tge details
Honestly, we may have more stores for hard goods/bootfitting, but soft goods is lacking in part because clothing inventory is a big issue for most stores.
My best finds are at Sierra Trading Post, which was founded in our area, however the largest volume STP is in Salt Lake City.

@floridakeysskibum can attest to a STP shopping experience being a MUST when you visit us.

And as a side note Outdoor Research has implmented a program (a few years ago) to make women's outdoor clothing more curvy. I have 4 of their pieces and love how they fit my hips.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Honestly, we may have more stores for hard goods/bootfitting, but soft goods is lacking in part because clothing inventory is a big issue for most stores.
My best finds are at Sierra Trading Post, which was founded in our area, however the largest volume STP is in Salt Lake City.

@floridakeysskibum can attest to a STP shopping experience being a MUST when you visit us.

And as a side note Outdoor Research has implmented a program (a few years ago) to make women's outdoor clothing more curvy. I have 4 of their pieces and love how they fit my hips.
Good to know. I can order from Sierra and return an hour away (and visit my friends) but this store doesn’t carry technical gear. It is like a Marshall’s. Yes, agree OR is good with sizing. Thanks!

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Finding jackets that fit curvy hips is tough so thanks @SnowHot for the advice. Funny thing I have a OR jacket that I’m about to return to REI because the smaller size is too tight in the hips and the larger size is too big everywhere else! I will try other OR styles.

The holy grail for me would also be finding a petite size so the arms aren’t ridiculously long. Only a few brands seem to make petite though.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Another place to check for discounted jackets is The Last Hunt — a Canadian website that I just learned, to the dismay of my wallet, ships to the US for free. Everything is final sale on that site though, so need to choose carefully.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna