• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't think I've ever seen any Kappa stuff outside of Europe.
I was unfamiliar with the brand until the US Ski team made that announcement.
Interesting to see what this partnership will look like.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That happened a year ago.

Then they USSki and Snowboard team went to KAPPA this past May
I googled it just after I posted and saw that it was old news :laughter:

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva

Too bad the US teams don’t use American made…..

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I decided today I wanted a new insulated jacket. I have been wearing the same teal colored Patagonia Goretex insulated jacket with pit zips and primaloft for years. So I ordered this in amethyst :

ilovepugs

Angel Diva

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Very pretty!!
I couldn't resist ! Usually I buy Patagonia but the colors are so boring the past few seasons.
BTW Patagonia jacket is in great shape and an extra small (not super small as can fit down sweater under it) and very pretty. I have bright green Marmot pants that look great with it. Jacket is in my avatar and many divas have seen me wear it! It could be for sale !

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
@DebbieSue did you get it??????
Yes I did! The 8 and the 10. Store didn't carry them, but I can return to store and not pay shipping.
Here I am in the 10, with Taffy bibs. Hmm, it seems bibs are too long . . . whatever.
Jacket in the 8 was a bit binding across the shoulders, so I returned it.
I'd say Spyder is true to size, definitely not generous.
Jacket has slight design flaw in that the maybe 1/3 of cuff lining, same fabric as shell, tends to slide out, whether or not using wrist gaiter, so I have to tuck it back in once jacket is on. You can just see it at my right hand in the photos. It’s not because sleeves are too short; happens in both 8 and 10. I love other aspects so I’m overlooking the flaw, but it is annoying given the price and how exact most of the other features are.
Also, try as I might I cannot turn this 90 degrees. Opened and saved to hard drive etc etc. Moderator please help.

IMG_1553.jpg

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
I decided today I wanted a new insulated jacket. I have been wearing the same teal colored Patagonia Goretex insulated jacket with pit zips and primaloft for years. So I ordered this in amethyst :

Love it! Gets great review for petite woman, which you are!
If I'd seen that jacket in Baby Trooper (light blue), I might've opted for that instead of the Spyder!
Too many excellent choices!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Love it! Gets great review for petite woman, which you are!
If I'd seen that jacket in Baby Trooper (light blue), I might've opted for that instead of the Spyder!
Too many excellent choices!
I also liked the light blue. Backcountry ships fast as in Utah so think I'll get by Wednesday. Can't wait ! Taos is so cold (for a west coaster like me) so prefer a warm insulated technical jacket. Also liked the Black Diamond Recon insulated shell jacket but liked the HH colors better. Hmm they might clash with my periwinkle/purple-ish bibs. Have also been looking at another pair of bibs. Need to stop looking.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Jacket arrived today and is beautiful! So many bells and whistles, even a pocket designed to preserve battery life! It's insulated, pit zips, recco, 20 k
waterproofing..... Just what I wanted to replace my Patagonia...

But, what to wear with it? It's basically purple (a nice purple)...... seems to go with my Strafe purple shell pants (too matchy matchy) and also magenta Kjus pants. Foxy bibs are more periwinkle but looks okay together. But then I saw these in the beet color and I did say I want another pair of bibs, didn't I?

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jacket arrived today and is beautiful! So many bells and whistles, even a pocket designed to preserve battery life! It's insulated, pit zips, recco, 20 k
waterproofing..... Just what I wanted to replace my Patagonia...

But, what to wear with it? It's basically purple (a nice purple)...... seems to go with my Strafe purple shell pants (too matchy matchy) and also magenta Kjus pants. Foxy bibs are more periwinkle but looks okay together. But then I saw these in the beet color and I did say I want another pair of bibs, didn't I?

Oooh I love the idea of the purple jacket with the beet bibs :love:

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jacket arrived today and is beautiful!

But, what to wear with it? It's basically purple (a nice purple)...... seems to go with my Strafe purple shell pants (too matchy matchy)

Matchy Matchy is ok! I like to be matchy matchy sometimes Its cohesive looking ......
but that's not helping with the enabling - you wanted to hear: 'yes those bibs are exactly what you need'!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga