• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

Skidreamer

Certified Ski Diva
I love the jacket! Seriously, we all survived the 80's ski fashions relatively unscarred, no one is going to look that closely. What colour helmet? Having said that I am pretty big on matchy matchy (this is a big thing in the horse world too, I have every coordinated colour set for my horses and I that I could possibly want). But I had to let go of my black/turquoise matchy matchy ski set when I outgrew my matching skis and fell in love with the performance of a blue and orange pair of skis instead.

chasinghorizons

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love the jacket! Seriously, we all survived the 80's ski fashions relatively unscarred, no one is going to look that closely. What colour helmet? Having said that I am pretty big on matchy matchy (this is a big thing in the horse world too, I have every coordinated colour set for my horses and I that I could possibly want). But I had to let go of my black/turquoise matchy matchy ski set when I outgrew my matching skis and fell in love with the performance of a blue and orange pair of skis instead.
Helmet is black lol. I try to be mostly neutral except for jacket, ever since I picked a red helmet and purple jacket in middle school without thinking and then was stuck with that combo for years (these particular shades of red and purple definitely did NOT match).
What skis did you fall in love with?

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

@Skidreamer I had a good flashback laugh at this! Way, way, way back when when I was showing hunters, jumpers and equitation, bright color jackets were coming in. I had something in a green tone and one of my friends in the same size had a really nice burnt orange one. However we encountered a judge in equitation who found these colors offensive and let it be known. So we shared a black jacket for over fences. Not a problem until we both got called back in! And I was the one wearing the black jacket that incidentally belong to my friend. Sounds goofy now but it was really something back then!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm really stoked about them. They're the 20/21 Faction Candide 3.0x in 169.

I was really close to getting the Moment Bella instead, but then the CTs came back on Sierra.com for only $399 and I couldn't pass them up.
The Bellas followed me home this week - was able to pick between this and next years top sheet.
Should be ok and not clash too much with my riders of the storm kit. :wink:

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:beer: Congratulations! Where did you see the new topsheets? And which did you choose?
Thanks! :smile:
I had a "road trip" that took me thru Reno and I had been chatting on and off with the factory. The new top sheets will be released to public next month. Since there were only 6 Bella's left online (now only 4) - and only in the 172 which is my size, I thought if I was around the area I would try to stop in to compare the top sheets, knowing if I liked the 21/22 graphics I would need to grab a pair. I worked with Jake who was great and really understood my current quiver and my goals and the other skis I was considering. I ended up getting this years graphics - well b/c its a Jelly Fish with Goldfish and I am a water girl ;) and besides it was on sale :smile: I will say that next years was a better color match to my technical shell..... but I love the ocean theme !

chasinghorizons

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks! :smile:
I had a "road trip" that took me thru Reno and I had been chatting on and off with the factory. The new top sheets will be released to public next month. Since there were only 6 Bella's left online (now only 4) - and only in the 172 which is my size, I thought if I was around the area I would try to stop in to compare the top sheets, knowing if I liked the 21/22 graphics I would need to grab a pair. I worked with Jake who was great and really understood my current quiver and my goals and the other skis I was considering. I ended up getting this years graphics - well b/c its a Jelly Fish with Goldfish and I am a water girl ;) and besides it was on sale :smile: I will say that next years was a better color match to my technical shell..... but I love the ocean theme !
I'm so curious about what the new ones look like now! Do you know if they made any construction changes for next year? I think the og Wildcat got heavier this year so was curious if that would cross over to the Bella. Really wish I could compare them with the 20/21 Candides...

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@chasinghorizons so there is no construction change, only graphics as far as I have been told. Based on the info from "Greg" your CT's maybe a bit heavier and a tad better at carving, and perhaps more directional then the Bellas. For me I was potentially looking at this years BC Atris (before they change it) along with the Bellas. I am looking purely at a ski to fit between my go to 97 and a 116 I rarely take out. Playful, fun off piste was more my direction, hopefully I'm not "carving groomers" when I'm on them. I don't plan on skiing them on a daily basis, rather these are more of a 1-2ft dump kind of ski if that makes sense? I didn't get to demo them this year, but they should have the demos set up for this upcoming season....

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@chasinghorizons here's the new graphics:

Mods - maybe move the Faction '21 CT / Bella comments to a new thread?

chasinghorizons

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@chasinghorizons here's the new graphics:

Mods - maybe move the Faction '21 CT / Bella comments to a new thread?
Hmm. Definitely like the 21/22 Bella graphics better - I think you made the right choice!

The Sierra is really pretty this year. Not a fan of the Sierra Tour graphics though...

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
OK enablers . . . .
My "regular" ski jacket, Lapis blue, Nils insulated, is maybe 7 years old. I wear it just for skiing/ski trips. I have a black Berghaus down jacket for really cold days, and I break out my vintage Tyrolia one piece, CB down etc. on occasion. I don't NEED a new jacket, but for a year or so I've been "looking."

Mostly, I've been debating a switch to shell over puffy vs continuing with insulated over wool.
I was waiting for a jacket to speak to me. I was looking esp at Flylow to go with my Taffy bibs. I transitioned to shell/mid layers for legs and have been happy with that, which is why I was considering transitioning for upper body. (Not to be confused with top or bottom surgery!)

Well, last night a jacket spoke to me!!! But it's a luxury brand price, even marked down, for a utility brand product. Spyder insulated Gortex . . . somewhat cropped, which I like.

Spyder is designed for cold, so that's good for this NE skier, and generally excellent quality and insulated, so I won't need new midlayers. It has all the downhill tech features one could want.

Anyone know how Spyder runs for size? My Nils is a 10, and when I bought it the young woman in the shop thought I should go one size smaller, but I am broad shouldered/long armed and I hate when things are tight across my back (chest is no issue, ha ha) so I'll prob stick with that size even if it makes me look more "matronly."

It's not exactly a match with the bibs, but I'm thinking it works as a "Vision in Pastel"
Shall I pull the trigger?

1665860526290.png
1665861198245.png

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like the Vision in Pastels concept. It won't stand out in a blizzard from a distance, but to me that is low on priority. I vote "Yay"! I'm not sure what insulated Goretex is, but Goretex itself, especially 3-layer Goretex, is hefty and suitable for a skiing shell.

I ski in Southern California with a shell over mid layer; I've never skied in shell + puffy. In Mammoth, it's usually insulated jacket over wool.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
OK enablers . . . .
My "regular" ski jacket, Lapis blue, Nils insulated, is maybe 7 years old. I wear it just for skiing/ski trips. I have a black Berghaus down jacket for really cold days, and I break out my vintage Tyrolia one piece, CB down etc. on occasion. I don't NEED a new jacket, but for a year or so I've been "looking."

Mostly, I've been debating a switch to shell over puffy vs continuing with insulated over wool.
I was waiting for a jacket to speak to me. I was looking esp at Flylow to go with my Taffy bibs. I transitioned to shell/mid layers for legs and have been happy with that, which is why I was considering transitioning for upper body. (Not to be confused with top or bottom surgery!)

Well, last night a jacket spoke to me!!! But it's a luxury brand price, even marked down, for a utility brand product. Spyder insulated Gortex . . . somewhat cropped, which I like.

Spyder is designed for cold, so that's good for this NE skier, and generally excellent quality and insulated, so I won't need new midlayers. It has all the downhill tech features one could want.

Anyone know how Spyder runs for size? My Nils is a 10, and when I bought it the young woman in the shop thought I should go one size smaller, but I am broad shouldered/long armed and I hate when things are tight across my back (chest is no issue, ha ha) so I'll prob stick with that size even if it makes me look more "matronly."

It's not exactly a match with the bibs, but I'm thinking it works as a "Vision in Pastel"
Shall I pull the trigger?

View attachment 19400
View attachment 19402
Buy it…enjoy it

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm in the shell plus puffy camp although I did end up spending most of this season in my puffy which .... gasp .... isnt even a "skiing" brand its just plain old Uniqlo I need to get a more "skiing" suitable one for next season :laughter:
My shell's the Burton Upshift and even though its super light its also windproof (a VERY important consideration over here in NZ !) so its warmer than you'd first think.
I do prefer shorter jackets (hence I wear the Burton cinched in and pulled up) as I generally ski on T Bars and its super easy to get your jacket hooked up when getting off, the one day this season I uncinched it , you guessed it, I got hooked up and my right knee is now paying the price for that little random move !
I say get the Spyder if you love it and it will certainly be a pretty combination :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna