• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many ski days do you have this season?

lisamamot

Angel Diva

We now have a place near a mountain and have silver passes; we are blacked-out this weekend so we are back home and won’t be adding to that this week. If we were traveling at all this season we would likely have an Ikon and could ski our black-out days on that....some other year!

I work part-time flexible hours and primarily from home, so I can ski and then get back to the house and work.

snow cat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
13 days so far. Usually get in 20-30 days depending on whether I have other trips off-season.

I was planning on getting some ski days in around where I live this season but doesn't seem like it will be conducive for that to happen. This season's been too warm so far....it's supposed to be upper 50s (and maybe reach low 60s) today and Tuesday of next week! I think when I get to move out closer to the mountains then I'll get at least a ski morning in a lot of the days!

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
It's really great to see some of the insight - I did day 17 today (I undercounted by 1 before). I work (more than) full-time as well, with a ~2.5 commute to my apartment in the Toulouse to the one here in Andorra. I unexpectedly cancelled some travel this week, and decided to take advantage of the very few scheduled meetings I had to come down this morning and work remotely and part time today and tomorrow. One issue I have is that I travel worldwide more than 50% of the time, so sometimes end up using Sunday as a departure day or Saturday as an arrival day.

skiwest

Certified Ski Diva
Aiming for only about 10 :( Wish I could ski more, but I comfort myself with the fact that I'm an excellent skier when you consider how little I get to go! I'm more like a middling expert when you put me next to the real hardcore crowd though...

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have 36 so far. I'm lucky to be able to ski every weekend and to sneak away during the week for a day or two every now and then. Plus, we had an early start to the season this year and I'm doing several western trips (still 2 more to go). I hope to ski my age this season -- 60!

skiwest

Certified Ski Diva
I have 36 so far. I'm lucky to be able to ski every weekend and to sneak away during the week for a day or two every now and then. Plus, we had an early start to the season this year and I'm doing several western trips (still 2 more to go). I hope to ski my age this season -- 60!

Wow, I love the goal of skiing your age. We're hoping to move to the mountains this year and if we do, that will be my goal too! Right now we're 2.5 hours away and a bit limited on vacation time...

Like2Ski

Angel Diva
Sixteen so far...should be 23 after a long trip next week. Forty is the goal! I have a FT and PT job and live quite a distance from ski country (3+ hours depending on location)...so I'm pretty happy with the numbers.

Scribble

Angel Diva
I'm at 20, mostly early season and night skiing. I separated my shoulder last month and right when I was starting to feel like I could carry my poles again, got hit with the flu. I'm hoping to be well enough to ski next week, I'm so tired of resting!

newboots

Angel Diva
I'm at 20, mostly early season and night skiing. I separated my shoulder last month and right when I was starting to feel like I could carry my poles again, got hit with the flu. I'm hoping to be well enough to ski next week, I'm so tired of resting!

Feel better!

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
I’m hugely impressed. To be from DC and have that many ski days. Obviously I’m slacking off. I have only 19 so far, half of which is out west. Last season I made it to 24. I should be able to beat that this season. Thinking about it, I should be way better than I am with this many days...I keep trying!

veronicarella

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
12 days, 4 mountains. Two more trips planned, and many more weekly training to come!

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Those Divas who post more regularly are probably not a random sample of Divas in general. The posters are even more "ski nuts" than the average Diva. :wink:

When I was a working adult with no kid at home, I was lucky to get in 4-5 days every 2-3 years. When my daughter was in elementary school and learning to ski, getting to 20 days was a good year. Now as a retiree with a kid in college, getting over 50 days is a lot easier. That's based on two trips to the Rockies that are each longer than a week, plus some days in my home region (small hills).

I always consider any day on snow as a "ski day" even it's only a couple hours at a small hill in the southeast. Counting hours gets too complicated.

You give me hope, marzNC!

I am like you in your early days- work full time with a kiddo in middle school- we get to the mountain when we can. Signing us both up for regular ski lessons this winter has guaranteed us 8 days on the mountain; we will get 1 more during her school vacation week (would love to ski the whole week but the rest is set aside for visiting the grandparents in FL), and we might get another day or two in.

I think the one of the pluses of having a ski pass is being able to do those short days without feeling like you've wasted a lift ticket. One of my ski classmates, who lives near the mountain, told me that she and her husband have season passes, and he will get an hour of skiing in before work when he can. I wouldn't be able to do that- I live too far away and work too long hours. I did the math and a season pass didn't make sense for me this year. But someday...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga