• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many ski days do you have this season?

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Sometimes embedded in posts I'll see that some of you have what I consider to be an insane amount of ski days in. Not sure how you manage it. This year I bought a season pass for the first time, and of course I am trying to be sure I amortize...I need 18 days to break even. That said, I am focusing on days and not hours, so a few days I've skied only 2-3 hours, which in my opinion can be enough if you work hard.

In any case as of today, Feb 12th, I have 14 days. I am heading to Andorra in the morning for a long weekend, so should get in 2-3 more...note that I have an apartment there, and my commute is just under 2.5 hours. I know it makes a difference whether one is close to the hill...

What about the rest of the divas? How may days so far (or with an "as of" date).

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I’m up to 21 days, I think, but those include extremely short days of less than 10,000 vertical feet.

I feel as if my ski season still has quite a ways to go between the upcoming long weekend in the US, a weeklong trip to Sun Valley, and hopefully a trip to Fernie, plus all of my local northeastern US skiing and possibly some night time goofing off on my (incoming) AT setup. I am hopeful of hitting 50 days which is my loosely held goal for each season (while working full time).

MissySki

Angel Diva
24 for me, would be a couple more but my dog was sick last weekend so I didn’t go north. I do a seasonal condo rental in ME and live 4 hrs away in MA. Planning on at least 50 this season, but hope to squeak out anything over that if at all possible! Working full time definitely gets in the way! Lol

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As of today, Feb 12th, I have 35 days. Have 8 more planned on trips. Hoping I can get a couple more at the local area that is 1:15 from my house but spring seems to be coming in the SE with lots of 60 degree days melting what base has been made and not much chance of natural snowfall. Last year I didn’t track carefully but DH and I were just talking about this earlier today and he said his app showed 55 days last year (we had colder early season and a big natural snowfall in Dec)—that would be my goal for this year. I also will count a short day as a day—on the weekend when it’s crowded and starts feeling dangerous my day ends at lunchtime.

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have 44 days so far (as of 2/12) and I have another 3 weeks left in my season, unless the snow is still really good by March, then I might extend my season. I usually end the season when spring break crowds start showing up, and that’s about the same time I start my golf season.
I have a season pass to my local mountain, about 3 hours away from home. I move up to the mountain during the winter months so I can ski as much as I can. I usually only ski 9-12 (or until I feel hungry) and rarely go back out after I eat. I don’t have a goal of X number of days/season - I am happy with whatever I can ski and I try to enjoy every single day I am out there so if my season ends unexpectedly, I am ok with that.

Tvan

Angel Diva
A measley 10. This has not been a great ski season so far.

Tvan

Angel Diva
@Abbi - between the crummy warm weather and work obligations, we are just not getting much snow time. We have a week planned at the end of Feb. Going to hit Sugarbush and Stratton then. (And meeting with a realtor, 2 builders and an architect in Middlebury, but who’s counting?)
:ski2:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Abbi - between the crummy warm weather and work obligations, we are just not getting much snow time. We have a week planned at the end of Feb. Going to hit Sugarbush and Stratton then. (And meeting with a realtor, 2 builders and an architect in Middlebury, but who’s counting?)
:ski2:

Middlebury, eh? Sounds great!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sometimes embedded in posts I'll see that some of you have what I consider to be an insane amount of ski days in. Not sure how you manage it. This year I bought a season pass for the first time, and of course I am trying to be sure I amortize...I need 18 days to break even. That said, I am focusing on days and not hours, so a few days I've skied only 2-3 hours, which in my opinion can be enough if you work hard.
Those Divas who post more regularly are probably not a random sample of Divas in general. The posters are even more "ski nuts" than the average Diva. :wink:

When I was a working adult with no kid at home, I was lucky to get in 4-5 days every 2-3 years. When my daughter was in elementary school and learning to ski, getting to 20 days was a good year. Now as a retiree with a kid in college, getting over 50 days is a lot easier. That's based on two trips to the Rockies that are each longer than a week, plus some days in my home region (small hills).

I always consider any day on snow as a "ski day" even it's only a couple hours at a small hill in the southeast. Counting hours gets too complicated.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have 11 so far--that is right on track of where I usually am at this time of year. I typically get 23-25 days. Would be happy to get to 30, but I put so many constraints on when I'll ski that I think 25 is pretty good (don't ski holiday periods, don't drive up if weather will be bad for driving etc).

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
As of today, February 12th, I have 32 pretty full ski days in. My goal this season is 50+. I work full time (1-2 hours from Hunter, Mt Snow, etc) so it’s a hectic schedule, but I love it. This season I have skied in all kinds of imperfect weather and realized it’s pretty much all fun! Last season was my first season skiing and I ended with 25 days, so I have that beat.

Last edited:

newboots

Angel Diva
Wow, everybody! And kudos to those who work full time and still get in some days.

By my estimation I’m about at 26, but I haven’t kept perfect count. Some of those days are short, if the weather is miserable or if my legs are giving out due to skiing multiple days in a week + PT and working out (a little). I’m extremely lucky to have retired to Vermont and have a senior pass at Killington and a weekday pass at Okemo. Okemo is closer and somewhat less intimidating, so I’ve been there more often.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna