• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many days have you skied so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
First day of skiing! Was at powder mountain and it was a glorious blue bird day. BF has plenty of fresh tracks on Lightning ridge and I had a ton of wide beautiful terrain all to myself.

Every muscle in my body hurts. Today I was way too stiff and I need to get back into shape. But it was GLORIOUS being outside in the mountains surrounded by all this glimmering snow. I am one lucky gal!

I think i need to invest in some new boots and a proper fitting. The toes on my left foot felt crushed when I took them out at the end of the day. Also the back of my shin (between my calf and heel) felt like it was bruised and hurting. I’ve never had the back of my leg hurt. It is the foot that I hurt the ankle on in March so I bet I was doing something funky with my form to cause that.

my goal for this year is to get out of my head and not to be too hard on myself. I tried that today. I had some runs that just sucked but I had others that were amazing. So far it was a wonderful start.
Well done! Drink lots of water and star away from large consumption of alcohol. I don't drink, but many say it helps.

shadoj

Angel Diva
Day 10! New hill for me: Wild Mountain, MN. Went for a regional patrol skills enhancement day (my first); had a bunch of fun working on drills, almost-one-foot-skiing, and synchronized group turns at the end. Felt very welcomed, and the snow was great. Cold-but-not-too cold bluebird morning sunrise with a near-full-moon and hoarfrost on the drive up. Good stuff. Met up with @racetiger for a few chill end-of-the-day runs :becky:

Back to Welch Village tomorrow, with a couple friends joining me. Yay!

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Had a great morning skiing at our local hill. I believe this was “day” 8…
@newbieM - do you have a PT who skis? My PT is also a skier, so whenever something is wonky from life, I immediately see her and she knows my goal is to be active all year. Miracle worker.
@sibhusky … I think the chamber of commerce should be paying you for your posts. :jealous:GORGEOUS!!!

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
One of these days I’ll actually remember to start SkiTracks so I can have all my lovely information stored. One of these days…
Aspen/Snowmass app will record the history for us. Since that is where I ski pretty much 100%, it works for me. Not sure what the Skitracks is, but will look into it.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Aspen/Snowmass app will record the history for us. Since that is where I ski pretty much 100%, it works for me. Not sure what the Skitracks is, but will look into it.
That’s so cool… SkiTracks is an app that my CO-born friend uses to track her boarding. Largely, it’s so she and her brother (skis at Tahoe) can taunt each other - as much as a Midwestern slider can taunt a Tahoe slider… :rotf:

SparkleBunny

Certified Ski Diva
Well I had planned for 3, but due to the incoming storm to Mammoth, decided to cut out a day early and make sure I didn't get stuck. My 2 days so far were great days though, the snow and weather was perfect, and I'm starting well on my goal of getting comfortable on blues, and even a few more difficult blues.

Day 1, finally. Schedule and weather conditions have not aligned until today. Rehab on my injured, right knee and lower leg (from Friday’s dismounting injury) paid off. Kept it light and easy today. We need snow!

Attachments

• 27C3CD69-936C-4AC2-8AEF-3521B2928B6A.jpeg
    27C3CD69-936C-4AC2-8AEF-3521B2928B6A.jpeg
    503.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 0E25B9F9-45D0-4B52-8B3E-74231DEFB429.jpeg
    0E25B9F9-45D0-4B52-8B3E-74231DEFB429.jpeg
    576 KB · Views: 4

shadoj

Angel Diva
Day 11 & Day 12!

11 - Sunday was a nice morning with great snow and a bunch of quality junior racers warming up. 2.5 hours later, it was a typical Sunday (lower skill and snow quality + more people as the day went on). A couple friends joined me on the hill for a few hours, though I was spent before they were. Lots of good things clicking from the clinic on Saturday, though!

12 - Today was flat light, no sun, high humidity, no wind, just under freezing. Snow skied beautifully even though I did find a few unexpected elevation changes (as did one of the patrollers in front of me: "whoa, where'd that jump come from?" as he flew through the air).

Learned an easier way to kick-turn! Did a flat 360 on a gentle slope without smacking myself into the ground! Felt super-efficient with my technique and worked in some side-slip/pivot/falling-leaf drills. Rode the snowmobile as a passenger with a bundle of bamboo to the top; later refilled the bird feeders there. Got to see some not-yet-open terrain (lots of snow that has been gnawed on by a cat, but is still really rough on a snowmobile)! I always like hanging around with the day crew :smile:

Soujan

Angel Diva
Day 1 - Pico Mountain
7 trails open. Terrible conditions.

Day 2 - Killington
62 trails open. Terrible mixed conditions.

Day 3 - Pico Mountain
8 trails open. Slightly better than terrible conditions.

Still better than not skiing. Hopefully it gets better from here on out.

shadoj

Angel Diva
@Soujan I hope so, too! Especially since I'm visiting in a few weeks!
Glad you've gotten out a little and appreciate this year's special weather for what it is.
Every day out on the "snow" is a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga