• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many days have you skied so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadoj

Angel Diva
16 days! Spring-like by late morning; 40F when I left :( Rain predicted tomorrow. Boo.
Anyway. Had a fun day with the softer snow; skied every run in our "back bowl", did a bunch of equipment transport, and got to be a traffic cone (again). Legs are fine, but my arms are sore!

Back tomorrow for the holiday. Could be... interesting.

CyberLola

Certified Ski Diva
How many days have you skied so far as of today, 12/11, and where?
This 2022/2023? Only 5 days so far :(
But from next week we’ll start getting busy with several ski trips lined up until the end of the season to locations not so close to us, and a weekly weekend stay to locations close to us in between those other trips. Didn’t go for 2 yrs due to covid so trying to ski as much as possible this season.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
16 days! Spring-like by late morning; 40F when I left :( Rain predicted tomorrow. Boo.
Anyway. Had a fun day with the softer snow; skied every run in our "back bowl", did a bunch of equipment transport, and got to be a traffic cone (again). Legs are fine, but my arms are sore!

It has been busy here in Aspen Snowmass. This coming week is Gay Ski week.
We usually don't have any lines, so we are spoiled.

shadoj

Angel Diva
It has been busy here in Aspen Snowmass. This coming week is Gay Ski week.
We usually don't have any lines, so we are spoiled.
We're pretty spoiled here, too, with short lift lines serving our 400' vertical :smile:
Sounds like a colorful week coming up! I'd probably have tons of fun and fit right in.

Traffic cone = blocking folks from running over ski patrol as they attend to a downed guest. I do a lot of that. Surprising how many folks do not know that crossed poles in the air do not mean I am a slalom gate. Our slow signs get run over a bit too much. Nearly everyone is cool and in control, but there are always a few clueless ones to make it a bit scary, especially on holidays. I try my best to be a buffer...

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
We're pretty spoiled here, too, with short lift lines serving our 400' vertical :smile:
Sounds like a colorful week coming up! I'd probably have tons of fun and fit right in.

Traffic cone = blocking folks from running over ski patrol as they attend to a downed guest. I do a lot of that. Surprising how many folks do not know that crossed poles in the air do not mean I am a slalom gate. Our slow signs get run over a bit too much. Nearly everyone is cool and in control, but there are always a few clueless ones to make it a bit scary, especially on holidays. I try my best to be a buffer...
There are always those "show off" people. Poor guys who need so much attentions. They are dangerous. They ignore signs and simply got to show off or go way too fast where everyone should snow down. I almost got ran over by one of those idiots not that long ago.

Be safe out there.

Jilly

Staff member
Today was day 14. 2 bluebird days in a row. But holy crowds....forgot it was MLK weekend and 1/2 the Atlantic seaboard was in Tremblant. 45 min waits for the Gondola in the morning. Plus we got 18 cm of snow from the storm on Thursday...Love my express pass!

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Today was day 14. 2 bluebird days in a row. But holy crowds....forgot it was MLK weekend and 1/2 the Atlantic seaboard was in Tremblant. 45 min waits for the Gondola in the morning. Plus we got 18 cm of snow from the storm on Thursday...Love my express pass!
What is the express pass?

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Oh man that 40° felt glorious yesterday. I was up in a lift shack for the afternoon and I had the door propped open and I was practically sunbathing soaking in the rays. I think day 26 yesterday after work, Just a short one as I was tired.
Today it rained all day long. No skiing. When I was done working had that cold damp chill that creeped to my bones and all I wanted to do was go home and eat chili , take a shower and sit on the couch under a warm blanket

shadoj

Angel Diva
Day 17. Today's lift ticket tagline: "Puddle City"

Parking lot was "extreme terrain". 36F when I started; 36F when I left. Chose to skip yesterday due to heavy rain and a stiff neck; misted a bit today, but it was no longer pouring, and no longer MLK weekend!

Light was completely flat. Conditions were decent in a softish snow-cone way; some near-bare spots appearing in a couple high-traffic places. Went through our poorly-formed moguls just to check it off. They have... creative shapes and spacing. A few grabby ruts meant I did one signature "drop to the ground stopping on the flat" move and one "dive-downhill-onto-stomach-180," all while keeping my skis nicely attached with a big grin. Absolutely no glide left by the end of the day. Time to wax again!

Felt good to get out and move around. Tomorrow should have better weather for evening skills training night. Maybe even a little snow later this week!
:ski:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Just finished my annual January stay at my home mountain in northern Virginia, Massanutten. Very glad there was a cold snap just in time to allow a few days of snowmaking. Along with a couple days at Timberline in WV, skied at least few hours on 8 days. Together with the 10 days in Colorado in December, that makes the total so far 18.

New blue trail Ridgecrest on the upper mountain at Massanutten
Mnut Ridgecrest 11Jan2023 - 2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna