• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Got my COVID vaccine

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
My arm also hurt less from the 2nd shot than the 1st. Only other symptom I had was a bit of very mild achiness overnight the night after I got my 2nd dose, which completely diminished by the next morning.

ETA: I also had Pfizer
The funny thing is, I felt a little let down not having more of a reaction. I was all ready with pillows, blankets, snacks, drinks, iPad to veg on the couch. I even front loaded my weekend chores and had them done before my shot. But noooo, bupkis. I now have all this extra time to clean out my closet.

MissySki

Angel Diva
The funny thing is, I felt a little let down not having more of a reaction. I was all ready with pillows, blankets, snacks, drinks, iPad to veg on the couch. I even front loaded my weekend chores and had them done before my shot. But noooo, bupkis. I now have all this extra time to clean out my closet.

My experience was quite miserable, would gladly have skipped it!

Peppermint

Angel Diva
Update: After feeling crappy all day Friday, I felt "OK" ish yesterday, still pretty tired and sadly the fever came back last night after 24 hours of being fever free, which was very weird. I am happy to say that today I feel normal again. It wasn't a fun experience but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

altagirl

Staff member

I was the same way - my arm was less sore than the first shot and I was just a little tired from shot #2 (Pfizer), but I totally enjoyed my planned day after of doing nothing but watching Netflix. (Technically I also did some laundry and played around in the garden, but I totally took that as a guilt free day of accomplishing nothing in particular!)

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mr. tinymoose is out for the count after dose #2 of Pfizer. He's had a fever, chills, and body aches since last night.

I will say after all the stuff I've read that said that younger people and women usually have worse side effects b/c of more robust immune systems, I'm like... uh.... should I be concerned that mine just did a few body aches and then was like, "Well, we're good here now. Pack it up." haha

MissySki

Angel Diva
Mr. tinymoose is out for the count after dose #2 of Pfizer. He's had a fever, chills, and body aches since last night.

I will say after all the stuff I've read that said that younger people and women usually have worse side effects b/c of more robust immune systems, I'm like... uh.... should I be concerned that mine just did a few body aches and then was like, "Well, we're good here now. Pack it up." haha

No, you shouldn't be concerned. The trends with age and gender are very far from universal, it's just that a higher percentage of younger females have a higher incidence of side effects. Nowhere near ALL. There are plenty of men with side effects, and older people of both sexes as well. Just be happy you are someone who didn't feel like total crap. :thumbsup: Hope Mr. Tinymoose feels better soon!

elemmac

Angel Diva
I’m now 48 hours post-vaccine (2nd dose of Pfizer). About 18 hours after the shot I got the wave of body aches, chills, fever, sweats, nausea, headache...the whole 9 yards. I slept most of yesterday, and woke up this morning feeling better except for a persistent headache that ibuprofen isn’t even helping. Can we just fast forward thru today and get this over with?!

DH experienced nothing other than a sore arm.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’m now 48 hours post-vaccine (2nd dose of Pfizer). About 18 hours after the shot I got the wave of body aches, chills, fever, sweats, nausea, headache...the whole 9 yards. I slept most of yesterday, and woke up this morning feeling better except for a persistent headache that ibuprofen isn’t even helping. Can we just fast forward thru today and get this over with?!

DH experienced nothing other than a sore arm.

Ugh, sorry to hear it! Glad the majority has passed for you, hopefully the headache will soon too! Maybe try Tylenol if the Ibuprofen isn't working. I sometimes find that Tylenol helps with headaches for me more than NSAIDS.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I know you all know this already, but just remember that the side effects are better than Covid itself. Our chef is currently experiencing the real thing . . . (and no, I haven't seen him for quite a while, but he's been checking in via text. Probably because his wife and son have decamped to a hotel, so he needs someone to whine to!)

One of my yoga instructors has been out for a couple of weeks with it, too - happy that I like the back row and still wear my mask in class. I think she may have been vaccine hesitant prior to this (she has an auto immune issue, I think) but she's now a fervent proponent.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I know you all know this already, but just remember that the side effects are better than Covid itself. Our chef is currently experiencing the real thing . . . (and no, I haven't seen him for quite a while, but he's been checking in via text. Probably because his wife and son have decamped to a hotel, so he needs someone to whine to!)

One of my yoga instructors has been out for a couple of weeks with it, too - happy that I like the back row and still wear my mask in class. I think she may have been vaccine hesitant prior to this (she has an auto immune issue, I think) but she's now a fervent proponent.

Absolutely! Well, except for the lucky asymptomatic folks I guess. But yeah I’d rather feel lousy for a day (with NO respiratory symptoms) than chance the real thing where you might have all of the horrible symptoms for an extended period of time.. or worse.. Not to mention all of the potential longterm issues that can come up.

MissySki

Angel Diva
So cool!

A bunch of our large mass vax sites are going to be closing soon. Doesn’t speak well for demand which is disappointing. Or maybe we are just better prepared to distribute on a smaller scale at a larger number of sites. I’m not really sure I guess.

marzNC

Angel Diva
A bunch of our large mass vax sites are going to be closing soon. Doesn’t speak well for demand which is disappointing. Or maybe we are just better prepared to distribute on a smaller scale at a larger number of sites. I’m not really sure I guess.
There are undoubtedly plenty of people who find it hard to take half a day to deal with max vaccination sites. A decision was made about a month ago to expand the Federal Retail Pharmacy program. People are used to getting a flu shot at a local pharmacy, usually without making an appointment. Hopefully that will help in the next few months, especially after Pfizer and Moderna are approved for ages 12-15.

Noticed that the Seattle approach is based partially on fire department staff. That was also part of the approach taken in NM to get homebound people vaccinated. Those were people who were already on Social Services list who couldn't get to a vaccination site or clinic for medical or other situations that meant they didn't have reliable transportation.

Jilly

Staff member
The mRNA vaccines have not been available here at a Pharmacy. As of this week they are starting to give them in the Toronto area. GTA and the Golden Horseshoe account for 80% of the daily infections. So they are taking 50% of our local allotment and using it there and Ottawa. Lots of people not happy. The local area has been really good about lock down etc. And we get penalized to get our shots because the big centers can't get their act together. Ok, off my soap box.

I just want to see my friends and go out to eat!!

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
There are undoubtedly plenty of people who find it hard to take half a day to deal with max vaccination sites. A decision was made about a month ago to expand the Federal Retail Pharmacy program. People are used to getting a flu shot at a local pharmacy, usually without making an appointment. Hopefully that will help in the next few months, especially after Pfizer and Moderna are approved for ages 12-15.

Noticed that the Seattle approach is based partially on fire department staff. That was also part of the approach taken in NM to get homebound people vaccinated. Those were people who were already on Social Services list who couldn't get to a vaccination site or clinic for medical or other situations that meant they didn't have reliable transportation.

I agree that the more local approach is generally preferred. I did generally find the Mass vax sites to be very quick and efficient though, didn’t take any longer at the Natick Mall and Foxboro Stadium sites than my dad at CVS. It would of course depend on how far away you live from one for the commute time, but the actual time at the sites was 20-30 mins tops (based on how long of an observation period you had). They were run really well from everyone I spoke to and my own experience, you got there 10 minutes before your appointment and you went right in. Sites were also open past workday hours in most cases and on weekends. In some areas the state was also providing rides for those who didn't have transportation.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna