• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Got my COVID vaccine

altagirl

Staff member
I agree that the more local approach is generally preferred. I did generally find the Mass vax sites to be very quick and efficient though, didn’t take any longer at the Natick Mall and Foxboro Stadium sites than my dad at CVS. It would of course depend on how far away you live from one for the commute time, but the actual time at the sites was 20-30 mins tops (based on how long of an observation period you had). They were run really well from everyone I spoke to and my own experience, you got there 10 minutes before your appointment and you went right in. Sites were also open past workday hours in most cases and on weekends. In some areas the state was also providing rides for those who didn't have transportation.
Same here - we have mass vax locations spread around the valley. It was a 6 minute drive and I parked right in front and was in and out in 20 min including the 15 min waiting time afterwards. It couldn't have been any faster at a pharmacy, I don't think.

And there is decent public transit to those locations too.

Jilly

Staff member
Our local VIQ (Volunteer and Information Quinte) is asking for drivers to get people to appointments. Somewhere, not sure where I heard it, but call the ride share group and someone is paying for the fares.

MissySki

Angel Diva
My significant other was in CVS today after work and had someone come up to him with a basket of syringes asking if he wanted a Covid vaccine. He’s already has his, but well they apparently have extras tonight.

Amie H

Angel Diva

marzNC

Angel Diva
Our local VIQ (Volunteer and Information Quinte) is asking for drivers to get people to appointments. Somewhere, not sure where I heard it, but call the ride share group and someone is paying for the fares.
I've seen ads on TV in North Carolina by Uber asking for donations related to giving rides for vaccinations to people for free. Apparently the Vaccine Access Fund is a joint effort by Uber, PayPal, and Walgreens using the PayPal Giving Fund, a 501(c)(3) charity. The companies started off with $11 million.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Jenny

Angel Diva
Wow, 26+ hours later I am not feeling any side effects. I know I got the jab because I felt it! (Unlike my flu shot this year which I essentially didn't feel at all, leaving me to wonder if the nurse missed).
That's the way we were, nothing other than slightly achy arms.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, 26+ hours later I am not feeling any side effects. I know I got the jab because I felt it! (Unlike my flu shot this year which I essentially didn't feel at all, leaving me to wonder if the nurse missed).
I didn't have much of anything other than some pain at the injections site (less than the first dose) and some very mild body aches from 11 hrs-22 hrs after. It was such a big nothing burger it made me feel like my immune system was defective.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Yeah, luckily it doesn’t really mean that! Much like Christy and her flu shot, if I hadn’t been looking at the person who gave me my first dose I wouldn’t have even realized I'd been stabbed. Never felt a thing. And the second wasn’t much different. But I figured my arm wouldn’t ache if it hadn’t been pierced.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, luckily it doesn’t really mean that! Much like Christy and her flu shot, if I hadn’t been looking at the person who gave me my first dose I wouldn’t have even realized I'd been stabbed. Never felt a thing. And the second wasn’t much different. But I figured my arm wouldn’t ache if it hadn’t been pierced.

Lady who did my 2nd dose did not do a painless injection. It hurt.... a lot. Unlike the first dose, which I barely felt. But I attributed that more to the skill of the nurse than the dose itself.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Lady who did my 2nd dose did not do a painless injection. It hurt.... a lot. Unlike the first dose, which I barely felt. But I attributed that more to the skill of the nurse than the dose itself.
Yeah, DH said he felt every bit of the first needle/dose. His second person was better.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yeah, DH said he felt every bit of the first needle/dose. His second person was better.

Same for me, the first woman I had was horrible. Felt like the needle went to my damn bone lol. However, my arm killed for days after the fact in both cases. Same with the flu shot every year (and that one doesn’t ever hurt to get), so not surprised.

Peppermint

Angel Diva
Like @tinymoose, my second shot was far worse than my first shot. The EMT injected my first dose very slowly and I barely felt the needle. The second shot, a different EMT injected so quickly that the volume of the dose really hurt - it was like my body couldn't accept it all at once. I half expected some to squirt out after she removed the needle. My arm soreness was worse with second shot as well.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Second shot on Sunday, enjoyed my 15 min wait and beautiful weather outside in the spiffy seats at Gillette Stadium - might as well - never going to get to sit there again. Monday I got run over by a truck and the truck jumped up and down on me all day - fever, muscle/joint aches, cough/scratchy chest, runny nose, tired, very sore and tender arm. Bonus reaction - swollen, sore lymph nodes under the arm I got jabbed in. As my sister said - I am an overachiever:becky:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Second shot on Sunday, enjoyed my 15 min wait and beautiful weather outside in the spiffy seats at Gillette Stadium - might as well - never going to get to sit there again. Monday I got run over by a truck and the truck jumped up and down on me all day - fever, muscle/joint aches, cough/scratchy chest, runny nose, tired, very sore and tender arm. Bonus reaction - swollen, sore lymph nodes under the arm I got jabbed in. As my sister said - I am an overachiever:becky:

1) I LOVE the stadium and still get wowed every time I'm in it. It makes me feel so small haha. Glad you got to get in there.

2) So sorry you had such a strong reaction!! Hope it's all behind you now!!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Has everyone seen the updated CDC mask guidance? Essentially saying that fully vaccinated people don't need to wear mask outside in crowds (I agree with this) or even inside except for confined areas like crowded buses, planes, etc.? Not sure how I feel about the inside piece still myself.. I'm still not doing indoor dining etc. How does everyone else feel? It seems really abrupt, and obviously the anti mask folks will be the ones for sure dropping the masks when they can.

I guess I haven't really looked into it too much beyond the top level information yet. Does anyone know if there is data precipitating this change? OR are we trying to coax the anti vax crowd that it actually beneficial to get vaccinated, or what?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/13/health/cdc-mask-guidance-vaccinated/index.html

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna