• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I LOVE Burke. Such a cool mountain!

I've never actually skied there. But I've been mountain biking there at least once a summer for the past 8 or 9-ish years, and every year we have the same conversation..."This looks like such an awesome mountain to ski, we should come up in this winter".

Après Skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Tvan Skiën in Den Haag? Wat leuk! Is it true the Dutch have their own unofficial winter vacation colonies in Austria? I’ve heard it’s great fun when they all show up.

Here’s the next photo...
D80C0E6C-4A48-41D2-AA01-6FA64A01E661.jpeg

Jilly

Staff member
That Tram line has me really thinking....not quite above the tree line....Not Snowbird, not Courcheval, not WB (station not right)....damn....Squaw?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Where was that photo shot from? Looks like Granite Chief ..... hmm wonder if they will change some names ...

Après Skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@santacruz skier Thank you! The photo was taken from the lift using my phone. I have no idea which chair. Here's the same view taken in panorama. It was my only day at the resort and I was very lucky with blue skies and lots of fresh snow. I even got to see the famous Squallywood antics... unbelievable extreme skiers jumping off cliffs en masse. Everyone speaks of the terrain but no one prepared me for the beauty of the resort. Giant redwood trees growing right in the middle of the ski area. Amazing!

CB1BC9ED-FB58-42F8-A92B-E59A2400133D.jpeg

P.S. My heart goes out to all people in Norcal right now. It’s very saddening to look at the CA fire map and know that some the most beautiful and unique forests in the world are going up in smoke.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@santacruz skier Thank you! The photo was taken from the lift using my phone. I have no idea which chair. Here's the same view taken in panorama. It was my only day at the resort and I was very lucky with blue skies and lots of fresh snow. I even got to see the famous Squallywood antics... unbelievable extreme skiers jumping off cliffs en masse. Everyone speaks of the terrain but no one prepared me for the beauty of the resort. Giant redwood trees growing right in the middle of the ski area. Amazing!

View attachment 13486

P.S. My heart goes out to all people in Norcal right now. It’s very saddening to look at the CA fire map and know that some the most beautiful and unique forests in the world are going up in smoke.
If it's a triple chair, then it is Granite Chief. It's hard to tell from my laptop. A very fun area to ski though and not usually crowded. It could be Emigrant chair though....

It's devastating what this fire has done to our beautiful redwood forests. Many in my area have lost homes. Fire crews have built breaks around the UC campus and perimeters to protect the city limits (where I live). Tireless firefighters have come from all over including New Jersey today. The mutual aid from all over California and the US is so appreciated. They are our heroes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga