• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

compression long underwear

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
---- And lucky you, getting snow (as other divas have reported). Zilch in Maine. :(

lucine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just bought mine. I opted to pick them up at the Outdoor Divas in Boulder. About the same price as 66 plus shipping as Outdoor Divas. Outdoor Divas sponsor Coppers Womens Wednesday Program and we get a discount.
I feel like I have a sponsor!
But just a word about Outdoor Divas.
They were looking for my size, computer said it should be there, couldn't find it, called other store who had my size, and offered to bring it up to Copper on Wenesday!!
I think that was exceptional service.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I used to live in Boulder when I was in grad school and I loved Outdoor Divas! I stop in there every time I go back to visit.

I ordered my CW-X's from Backcountry.com the other day and I'm awaiting their arrival. I'm a little worried about their sizing...I ordered a large (the largest available) but it said on the sizing chart for women up to 5'9" and I'm 5'10" So I'll have to wait and see. It's hard to believe that a manufacturer of a product for athletic women wouldn't carry something for taller gals.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
They really stretch nicely. I was worried about the area at which the knee is enveloped, as I have ridiculously long femurs. No issue. Can't yet review for day length, as I only wore them for 4 runs before I got clobbered. They seem very well made, however, and I liked the fit in a M, I'm 5'6" 125#. I was borderline for S to M, decided that I would give myself some weight gain room.

retromaven

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
MSL, you got "clobbered"? Did another skier run into you? Oh, no! I hope you are okay?

I am getting mine today, finally. *excitement* Yeah! Will be using them Thursday, unless Murphy's Law comes into play...and will drop my review then...

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Yep. See my thread under injuries, Another One Bites the Dust, collision described in profuse, lurid detail - and cheered up by so many wonderful divas :smile: Yes, I am out of service temporarily, only gave the tights a 4 run trial but have to say I do like the way they fit and are made, FWIW. Cannot attest to their providing day-long comfort and support, as this was their inaugural trial, and the hit came at about 11 a.m. The good news is that I am gingerly walking w/o crutches now and no major ligament tears or tendon ruptures. Still out for a good 2 weeks. Hope you can fully review on behalf of us both.

snowgem

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My tights just arrived today! Doesn't it seem like forever sometime to wait for internet orders to arrive? Got the Pro's, on sale, $66.97, $6.95 shipping, $73.92 total, at mountaingear.com On the chart I was between S and M, but got the med's and can't imagine trying to squeeze into a small (which Backcountry had on sale). MSL, what size did you decide to get? Now to hit the slopes - fresh snow forecast for the Northeast!:snow:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Hooray! We're about the same height/weight - I went with the M's as well, but mine are the insulated. Interesting to put on, as I'm not a huge fan of super-snug, super-lycra stuff, but once on, they felt good. Not a pit-stop issue, either :wink: - unfortunately, I didn't get a whole day on them, not even close, but hopefully they'll be as good as others have said. I'll be staring longingly at mine in a corner this weekend and hoping I am able to get back out there soon. Have fun today! Report back, I'll be curious to hear how you liked them.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
My CW-X tights arrived today! I got a large, and I initially was worried that they'd be too small...I'm 5'10", 160lbs, and the sizing chart stated that the large was for women up to 5'9". But they do stretch nicely. I could feel right away how they supported my knees, hammies, and glutes.

I used them for skiing today (about 4 hours)...a day in the terrain park spent doing jumps. I felt great. Even when I hit my landings well, I sometimes feel a slight twinge in my one knee, but I felt nothing with these tights.

They were warm enough today (sunny, about 30 degrees) but on a cold day, or for night skiing, I may want to wear another light layer over them, before putting ski pants on. If I wore them for running or cross-country skiing, they'd be plenty warm.

I was worried about the high price tag, but today I decided they are worth it!:becky:

snowgem

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wore my pro compression tights Sunday in the new snow at Stratton. Pretty strenuous skiing and I was surprised how my knees, and esp. the left knee, didn't hurt. I agree with vanhoskier - another layer needed for cold days, since I didn't get the insulated ones. It'll be interesting after a few consecutive days to see the effects then. So far so good, and worth the price :clap:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
worth the money

:bump: - just to finally review my CW-X insulated compression tights after about 4 days of use. They work! They're good! I'm happy! Told DH that anything this $$ had better be worth the bucks. Temps have been relatively mild since I started wearing, so no real eval on their insulation ability. I've been wearing them solo under ski pants - very nice, no problems with how they fit inside the boots, either. I will give these the big :thumbsup:

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll add a note on sizing. I have the non insulated Pro model, and since they're an athleticwear company I figured they'd account for muscle weight (as well as having the 'when in doubt, go larger' idea) and picked size based on weight and went for the large. Way too big. If you're muscular you may want to size down.

I don't know if the insulated line is sized the same way. Anyone have tips on that?

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Way too big. If you're muscular you may want to size down.

I don't know if the insulated line is sized the same way. Anyone have tips on that?

Mine are the insulated ones. I got the large (I'm 5'10" 160lb. and they fit nicely, but there's no way I could have gone smaller. I'm fairly muscular in my legs. I'm surprised the company doesn't make an x-large....at least I haven't seen them around.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I'm in the insulated medium. Was right on the small/medium line. Wasn't sure what to do. :confused: However, given my general hatred of spandex anyway, I opted for more room. I guess I needed it for a 32" inseam? The good news is that once the things are on RIGHT (takes a bit of practice), they sure ain't goin' anywhere (except downhill, with my legs underneath :D )

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll add a note on sizing. I have the non insulated Pro model, and since they're an athleticwear company I figured they'd account for muscle weight (as well as having the 'when in doubt, go larger' idea) and picked size based on weight and went for the large. Way too big. If you're muscular you may want to size down.

Mine are the insulated ones. I got the large (I'm 5'10" 160lb. and they fit nicely, but there's no way I could have gone smaller. I'm fairly muscular in my legs. I'm surprised the company doesn't make an x-large....at least I haven't seen them around.

I meant to post this a little while ago, but better late than never. My insulated expert CW-X tights (from SAC) came a few days before surgery, so I was able to try them on.

They are WAY smaller than my non insulated pro CW-X tights, both of which are sized large. The large non insulated pro tights are considerably too large for me, whereas I could barely get myself in the large insulated expert tights with a significant amount of struggling. Weird. I don't know if the difference lies solely in the insulation or if the expert/pro difference was a factor, but I didn't find the insulated expert pair to have anywhere near as much stretch. People looking to buy a pair might want to consider that in the sizing.

FLGIRL

Certified Ski Diva
Can anyone help me find a bargain on these? Any deals out there now? I really need warm ski wear badly. I will be skiing in December and the CW-X insulated compression tights sounds like it will fit the bill for me.

Any recommendations for tops?

Thanks

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
cw-x

Last season I purchased the 3/4 length version strictly for skiing. The company only makes 2 models of this version. I ordered the extra-small. Like everyone else here, no matter what size you get, these initially appear as if they were made to fit Barbie. Once they are on, the tights are quite comfortable. I got mine to stabilize a knee. 3/4 for wearing outside the boot. (I think full-length would be no problem though) My only complaint is that the shorter length really cuts into your calf just below the knee. It is not noticeable at first, but by the end of the day I want to rip them off. Perhaps a larger size would help me here.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wore the XS insulated version while cycling in an overnight, torrential downpour in approx 55F degree weather. Almost perfect - a little too long for me (I think my inseam is technically less than 30") - but great compression, and temperature-wise they were perfect.

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got the insulated pro just before the end of last season and I can't praise them highly enough - I out skied everyone. I was still bouncing around like the energizer bunny when all my ski buddies had had enough. I usually tire at the same time as them.

They do look like they're made for Barbie, I had the small and thought no way would I get them over my womanly hips, but it's not much of a wriggle and they're on. I love what they do for my butt.

I wore them on Saturday on the drive to the slopes, it ended up as a 2.5 hour drive cos I had to go back for my ski suit - and I realised that they compress my bladder to the size of a walnut...... emergency stop. I won't put them on until arrival in future.

I washed them, and didn't read the label well enough. I washed cool and tumbled dry delicate. And now I think Barbie's little sister could wear them. I will try them on to see what damage I've done. I am a silly bear of very little brain.

My point is that they are well worth the $$$$, but do protect your investment. :laugh:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I wore them on Saturday on the drive to the slopes, it ended up as a 2.5 hour drive cos I had to go back for my ski suit - and I realised that they compress my bladder to the size of a walnut...... emergency stop. I won't put them on until arrival in future.

That is too funny -- something I'd never even considered! :laughter:

Anyone else have this problem?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga