• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Review: 2010/2011 Rossignol s110w

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I appreciate your comments, and I realize that the 159's are not ideal, and that they ski short because there is so little ski under foot, but I am having such a hard time finding my length. I am currently on a 152 dynastar exclusive active that is way to short, but we spend a ton of time in the trees, so I am apprehensive to go longer than 170. I am a strong intermediate skier that will go anywhere. A little crude at times lol...

My choice is to either get a 169 S3, or continue to search for 166 or 168 S7/ pro BC110. Anyone know where to find the BC pro 110 of s110 in that length?

Thanks all

I'd hate to see you wasting (a lot of) money on something that should be fantastic, but absolutely won't be if it's that short (168). At your height, you should be skiing on at least 178s if not longer. Will your husband's bindings adjust enough so you can try his (because I reckon you'd find them ideal)? At his height, I'm fairly sure he'd also ski the 198s quite happily. I'm only an inch taller than you, by no means an expert, and ski the 188 S7. It is super-easy to turn and would be fine in trees if we had any here. You just have to get your head around that long length, but I assure you it's all in your mind! And just in case you think I'm a fiend for long skis, my other pair are 162cm!

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
By the way, if those are your only options, I'd go for the 169 S3. I demoed them (in that size too I think) before the S7, and they were a blast.

lynnore

Diva in Training
Funny, my husband had demo bindings on his skis until very recently when he replaced them with large marker dukes. Now they have been drilled twice, and no question he would prefer a longer ski. Its unfortunate! I do think the S3 is a good option, cause they are definately more of an all mountain ski. Was the 169 in the S3 a good length for you? I am not crazy about the graphics, but I do have three boys, so it makes the most sense to keep my skis masculine so that I can hand them down...

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm about 85% sure that (S3 169) was the length I tried -- but it didn't feel short for its length like the S7. Your sons would definitely appreciate your aesthetic sacrifice!

lynnore

Diva in Training
I am in Kamloops BC: I ski Sunpeaks mostly, but ocassionally Revelstoke: I see you are from Fernie...

cleopatra

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes! we have a pair of 166 in our store on sale from last year! maybe worth a drive or shipping?

ikkin

Certified Ski Diva
lynnore, do what you want, and i wish you the best, but you should be on a 176 bc110/s110w. period.

a 166 is better than the 159, but even it will ski too short for this ski's intended use (POWDER) at your size/weight/ability level. if you're set on shorter ski you should just get a 168 S3. they're really, really similar skis anyway, and you won't be giving up much, if any, powder performance. a 166 s110w will perform as more of an all-mountain ski for you, and a 168 S3 would make a better all-around all-mountain ski than a 166 s110w.

just my opinion as someone who has skied both and is smaller than you. hope it helps.

lynnore

Diva in Training
Thanks Girls for all your feedback... I just spent two amazing days with perfect snow up at Sunpeaks, and I got to try a few different skis. Day 1 I skied on my own Dynastar exclusive active (152), and I had a great day, but I feel every little bit of crud, and get a little unstable at high speeds. Day 2 I demoed the Rossi S86w in a 170, and after 2 runs I was ready to take them back, I felt very uncomfortable, but I decided to stick it out. I made a conscious effort to get over my toes, and I got aggressive, and it paid off, by the end of the day I was beaming: they were amazing: a little stiff when in the trees, and jumping, but a very well rounded ski. Have to say however that they are pretty funny looking (no offence liquid) I thoroughly enjoyed these skis, and surprisingly the length was ok, and very stable: fun fun fun!! The last pair I tried were the brother 164 (twin tip by pm gear) Anyone tried these skis? They were a lot of fun too: much more soft than the Rossi. Still undecided, but the Rossi S86w is definitely a front runner: Also, anyone tried the mens version of the S86? Also contemplating getting my husband some longer S7's and taking over his 178's, so please keep your opinions flowing...

Cheers,

Lynorre

cleopatra

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I believe they would ski almost identically. There is not a huge difference between the Men's & Women's

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the review Lynnore. No offence about the S86's looks, I think they've kind of grown on me after drooling over them in the spare room every day...

I must admit when I got to this bit:

Day 2 I demoed the Rossi S86w in a 170, and after 2 runs I was ready to take them back, I felt very uncomfortable

I thought :eek:

.. then I read on

but I decided to stick it out. I made a conscious effort to get over my toes, and I got aggressive, and it paid off, by the end of the day I was beaming: they were amazing: a little stiff when in the trees, and jumping, but a very well rounded ski. Have to say however that they are pretty funny looking (no offence liquid) I thoroughly enjoyed these skis, and surprisingly the length was ok, and very stable: fun fun fun!!

.. and thought YAAAAAY!! Mental note to make sure I keep my weight forward and get aggressive! I've read that you need to give yourself time to adjust to them, so I'm very glad you did.

I assume that as the conditions were so good there was no boilerplate to test them on. Hopefully the edge grip will be as good as the reviews say it is.

Just five days til I get to ski on mine, and it's been DUMPING with snow in Zell Am See, the wait is KILLING me!!

ikkin

Certified Ski Diva
skied my 176 roxy mumbo jumbo/bc110/s110w on chundery death and variable ice spotted with the occasional drift of windbuff this weekend.

also took 'em on a shuksan arm (slackcountry) run, which was firm windbuff/tracked out sluffy junk.

still love 'em. did it all SUPER well. found myself popping from turn to turn down chunder death cookie mogul crud/ice with a SMILE on my face. god i love these skis. they were even super fun on super fast, slightly soft groomers. i really don't need my auras anymore. the auras would've been miserable on most of that, and the roxys made it all FUN. i'm pretty sure i'll be selling my auras now as they're sort of irrelevant.

this'll probably be my last review as i'm sure the raving is getting a little old, but wanted to get the thread back on track and give you some more info on the ski's performance in variable conditions.

Witchery

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Only 3 1/2 weeks until we leave for Whistler and your review has me all excited. I was starting to get a bit worried about the conditions at Whistler, but not so much now, sounds like these Skis can handle anything :clap:

skied my 176 roxy mumbo jumbo/bc110/s110w on chundery death and variable ice spotted with the occasional drift of windbuff this weekend.

also took 'em on a shuksan arm (slackcountry) run, which was firm windbuff/tracked out sluffy junk.

still love 'em. did it all SUPER well. found myself popping from turn to turn down chunder death cookie mogul crud/ice with a SMILE on my face. god i love these skis. they were even super fun on super fast, slightly soft groomers. i really don't need my auras anymore. the auras would've been miserable on most of that, and the roxys made it all FUN. i'm pretty sure i'll be selling my auras now as they're sort of irrelevant.

this'll probably be my last review as i'm sure the raving is getting a little old, but wanted to get the thread back on track and give you some more info on the ski's performance in variable conditions.

cindym

Diva in Training
Can anyone help? Looking for the Rossignol S110W.Can't wait till next year. Live on a mountain and ski everyday. Volkl Aura's just not cutting it. Had 18in fresh today. Off to Montana next month. Help Please.C

Jerez

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can anyone help? Looking for the Rossignol S110W.Can't wait till next year. Live on a mountain and ski everyday. Volkl Aura's just not cutting it. Had 18in fresh today. Off to Montana next month. Help Please.C

Check the gear sale/swap in the forum. I have some for sale. 168s this year's model, skied on 4 times. mounted with Marker Griffon for a 275mm boot sole. If that will fit your boots, i will ship mounted. If not, I can send flat.

Let me know soon, though...

cindym

Diva in Training
Bit of a newbe here.

Looking for 178cm. Perfer new as I already have new bindings for them. In Canada but buy everything out of the states (much cheaper) and have daughter bring up for me. Thank you for your quick reply. C

alyeskaluv

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The only place that I have seen these skis available above a 159 length is on Level Nine, which has the Roxy Mumbo Jumbos (same ski as the VooDoo Pro BC110/s110w) in a 176 for $499.

They have had these around for a while on the site and the only thing I can guess is that they aren't selling because people are looking for the Rossi, not the Roxy - even though it's the same ski.

Given how difficult these skis are to come by, this is a heck of a deal:

https://www.levelninesports.com/Roxy-2011-Mumbo-Jumbo-Twin-Tip-Powder-Ski

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna