• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Review: 2010/2011 Rossignol s110w

Witchery

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also found a pair on ebay.

I've got the 2012 model it's called the S7W though. You might be able to rder a set in as I bought mine before Christmas in Australa. Hope you get youself a set!!

cindym

Diva in Training
You ladies are the best!

Just found them (Rossignol S110W)in Canada 2011/2012 flat for $699. The rep told me the price is going down to $699 next year in USA and Canada so if you are looking don't pay more then that. I did find two pairs 2010/2011(168 and 178) online but they are still wanting $699US for them. I would have negotiated hard to get that down if I hadn't found these ones. What an great ride. It is so nice to have a place to chat with other women skiers. Thank you for all who responded. I am usually the queen of internet buying but this one evaded me. C

cleopatra

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
wow, that is a big drop ($100), I will have to ask our rep about that, I am surprised, they sold great at the higher price, why drop it?

cindym

Diva in Training
Huge drop in $$$

Yes ladies, that is $699 Canadian too! You have no idea how cheap your gear across the border is. A couple of examples: Boot heaters: In Canada $290 + 14% tax I bought in States $179 inclusive of taxes and shipping. Ski pants $335 + the 14% tax Canadian, exact ones in states $179 inclusive. Glad to see Rossignol is finally honoring our dollar at par. I can't wait to pick up my new skis tomorrow morning. I must say I had a bit of ski envy hearing you all talk about your great skis.
I did ask the Dealer and one of the Big Wigs from rossignol about binding placement and they were pretty firm on mounting them dead center. Something about letting the camber work properly and not interfering with the rocker. I'm mounting mine dead center. Will let you know how that works out in the days to come.

Witchery

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have you got a link for them? It would be handy to have up for anyone else looking. I love the graphic on the 2011/2012 ones :smile:

Just found them (Rossignol S110W)in Canada 2011/2012 flat for $699. The rep told me the price is going down to $699 next year in USA and Canada so if you are looking don't pay more then that. I did find two pairs 2010/2011(168 and 178) online but they are still wanting $699US for them. I would have negotiated hard to get that down if I hadn't found these ones. What an great ride. It is so nice to have a place to chat with other women skiers. Thank you for all who responded. I am usually the queen of internet buying but this one evaded me. C

cindym

Diva in Training
RossignolS110W available as of today

www.shoplms.com has 168cm last years $699
www.lifthousesports.com 178cm last years $699
Rossignol shop has 178cm last years $699
The Canadian Rep just had a big Dealers only demo day on our mountain today and he told me no change in ski from last year except graphic but that the price is dropping to $699 next year and they are also coming out with the Super S7 in a 188cm length. I just bought next years for $699 so barter hard ladies.

I buy on-line all the time and always call the on-line chat and ask for an extra 10% and faster shipping thrown in. I usually get it just for asking. All of these places ship for free and if you buy out of state there is no taxes. This is great for me because we pay 14%HST in Canada.
Hope this helps anyone out there searching. C

cleopatra

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am a little confused, are you buying from the states then? How are you getting no HST? No Duty? (sorry, getting off topic here...)

cindym

Diva in Training
Deals

Sorry if I was confusing. I bought mine in Canada. I was asked where else I found them so I responded to that message. Letting others know how to get things cheap. If you by from a different state than you live most stores do not charge you state taxes so that is a nice savings. C

cleopatra

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
gotcha, you were adressing the US not Canada there, shipping between provinces or from the states you still pay taxes through the nose! Although if you bought in Alberta and shipped to BC at least you would save some taxes.

alyeskaluv

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On a related note, the rumor about the 2011/12 S7s sneaking into stores early appears to be true . . . I saw the men's 2011/12 Rossi S7 for sale on REI.com last night. Crazy!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On a related note, the rumor about the 2011/12 S7s sneaking into stores early appears to be true . . . I saw the men's 2011/12 Rossi S7 for sale on REI.com last night. Crazy!

Yes, CO Ski and Golf has an S7 and a Super 7 already, and I saw a pair of new S7s on someone's feet at Beaver Creek yesterday.

Jerez

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yippie new love

Well, ladies, I had my S110W (or whatever they're being called these days) redrilled at the -2 mark and skied today and it was wonderful.:yahoo: it was like night and day.

I now "get it" why so many love these skis. With hindsight, I probably should have gone longer and then the 0 mounting would have been OK because the front of the ski would have been longer. With the shorter ski, though, moving the mounting back did the trick. I am one happy camper and feel like i am part of the S7 groupie group. :grouphug:

Witchery

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know it seems very odd to have next years ski out now but I think they don't want to be overstocked and left with a heap of last years skis they can't sell?

I bought the 2012 womens S7 (new name for next year) beore Christmas in Australia, which was a bit of a shock as the year before our importer didn't bring the S110w into Australia at all. Maybe they realised how many sales they were missing out on :smile:

Witchery

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Woo Hoo!! Enjoy those skis!!

Well, ladies, I had my S110W (or whatever they're being called these days) redrilled at the -2 mark and skied today and it was wonderful.:yahoo: it was like night and day.

I now "get it" why so many love these skis. With hindsight, I probably should have gone longer and then the 0 mounting would have been OK because the front of the ski would have been longer. With the shorter ski, though, moving the mounting back did the trick. I am one happy camper and feel like i am part of the S7 groupie group. :grouphug:

cleopatra

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
yes, rumours are true in Canada too, Rossi did a mid-season release of the 2011. We have been sold out for a while, it will be great to get more in, but with the 2010 on sale everywhere, they will be a tough sell at regular price. not great for the retailer??

Rossichick

Diva in Training
I was wondering if anyone has compared the Atomic Century to the Rossi S110w/S7. I have demoed the Century and really liked it.

I can get a really good deal on the 2012 S7's, but don't think I will be able to try them out before buying. My only concern with the
S7 is how well the tail does while turning in hardpack/slick conditions. The Century held up well on hardpack after the pow was skied out, but the tail is flat compared to the twin tip on the
S7.

Any thoughts????? Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly